Reviews for This One
CuteArt123 chapter 39 . 8/18
I can't wait for the next update, this is amazing!
kokoronagomu chapter 39 . 7/26
it would be so very difficult to recreate battousai's style to make it believable but only someone who is totally familiar with the effect of hiten mitsurugi aftermath would know the difference (saitou's statement in the first movie). another is that the man that he saw greet ryoma at the door to the building he was staying but they probably killed him too... this whole problem sounds like it's nakamura's wet dream. surely kenshin's exonerated since he lives to meet kaoru and make baby red heads...
kokoronagomu chapter 37 . 7/17
scary thought about eliminating the hitokiri working for them, so after the war seems to be truly won he can leave. but the petty malice of his superior and with no recourse than to continue to endure is wearing and wonder if any of the other men who have katsura's ear could have said anything. seems like the man has no sense of self preservation as if he pulled that stuff with shishio, he would likely find himself at the wrong end of a sword.
sessha wonders if author dono will continue this after the war and to 11 meiji until the end of manga, degozaru ka?
i want to know too? ;p
J Luc Pitard chapter 39 . 7/16
Whoa! Sakamoto's death getting pinned on Kenshin?! Freaking brilliant, since he was musing on the possibility of being killed once his usefulness disappears, except he was relying on Katsura's support. Now the enemy is using one assassination to hurt many others as well. Nicely done! Love that Kenshin is opening up to others and also developing his rurouni personality for later use. When you had him dodge that sake cup, I couldn't help thinking of Sano's comment on meeting him (in the manga) and how he'd clearly taken the thrown cup so Kaoru didn't get hit. Love your writing and glad to have another chapter of this strange, but wonderful take on Kenshin's younger years.

Looking forward to more!
DesertRose3000 chapter 39 . 7/16
Sounds like Sakamoto walked into a trap instead of a safe house.

I bet Kenshin REALLY misses Kenta now that he has Beavis and Butthead following him everywhere. :-D
Syolen chapter 39 . 7/16
An update! *dances* Great work as always. So glad that Kenshin has friends; he so badly needs them. But aaaah Ryomaaaa *cries*
I'll be looking forward to the next update! :D
kokoronagomu chapter 38 . 11/21/2016
i guess he didn't recognize kenshin as the samurai's student nor did kenshin... likely the boy wouldn't have had such strong feelings for the oppressed people as kenshin nor would he have been such a problem for his shishou, leaving as kenshin had. but the boy would have learned to kill and have ended up killing his shishou if he succeeded in his training which would have been even more heartbreaking for him.
one wonders when nakamura will give his greatest fighter a break and remove the chip on his shoulder.
J Luc Pitard chapter 38 . 10/30/2016
I imagined them going on the town with Kenshin in his female guise and Makoto slathering over "her"... yeesh! There's something admirable and annoying about their attempts to help him. There isn't much time left before they win and he goes a-wandering, but I hope those two manage to survive. You've created more wonderful characters for us to enjoy. Also, loved his confession/realization that remembering each detail of his time with Tomoe is really the same thing as brooding. He does seem a broody lad in all the flashbacks.
Amy chapter 38 . 10/28/2016
All I can say is WOW! You are one heck of a writer. I was literally cracking when Kenshin disguise himself as a girl. I'm imagining him telling Kaoru of his adventures during the Bakamatsu and that incident have Kaoru laughing hysterically. I wonder since he is still a teenager, doesn't he have any sexual urges? I'm sure that eventhough he was guit-ridden by Tomoe's dearh he is still a man afterall. Plus, I don't understand why he does not have facial hair like othet man. Perhaps there's something wrong w/ his testosterone. Hahaha. Just kidding. Looking forward to reading more
Melay chapter 38 . 10/27/2016
I can't believe I've missed a lot. You really have a way of narratng things. I'm not at all surprised about the homosexuality thing in that period. Even now, I noticed Japan seems more open about it than any Asian countries. Keep up the good work.
shaid chapter 37 . 10/6/2016
I've been reading this for the past 3 days. You, tricksy author, have given me a book hangover. Your skilled word weaving has made me feel so god damned much that trying to read anything else will be impossible for days. I was immersed. I'm devastated by this story. It is so beautiful.

Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm going to be living in this world of yours in my head for several days. Good luck with the next chapter and... thank you again for writing something so immersing and full. It's inspiring.
Syolen chapter 37 . 9/24/2016
Thank you for the super long chapter! :D It is great, as usual!
J Luc Pitard chapter 37 . 9/23/2016
Poor Kenshin! Success was so close he could almost reach it and then it all changed. Love the breakdown at the cemetery. No, not because I'm a sadist (though...) but just the way he pours his heart out to her reminds me of the way I've done with loved ones who have passed to the other side. It rang true. Very touchingly written. His manner of disguise was also hilarious and delicately handled. The guys at the inn probably thought he was looking for or offering something other than an attempt to keep his sanity while he recovered. I liked the respect he got from the men he served with on the ships, though. And Yamagata will never give up on recruiting him. Cute touch.
0MissNemo0 chapter 36 . 9/14/2016
Hello! I started reading this masterpiece a couple of days ago. The atention to detail is amazing. This is so beautifully writtened that I started to consider this part of the official story. I was watching the RK animated movie the other day, and when they interrupt the meeting with the Satsuma representatives I was "Wait a minute! that meeting went undisturbed!", then I remembered its your version.
The way you portrayed the characters is perfectly accurate to cannon but at the same time giving them a whole new level of depth that keeps this story so fresh and new!
I already knew Tomoe was going to die and yet I cried my eye out when it happened and even though Kenshin remains alive to meet Kaoru I suffer every wound that poor lad takes.
Im sooo looking foward to the next chapters!
Thank you for this amazing story!
Best of luck!
J Luc Pitard chapter 36 . 9/8/2016
Have I ever told you about my rock climbing days? No? That's because I've never had rock climbing days. That aside, I have no fear of cliffhangers. Love them, in fact. Well, I love most all of your chapters, so there's that.

Kenshin keeps pushing his limits and his body! Silly Boy! Many years into the future, Megumi will tell him he can't keep doing that, but for now? Keep going, you crazy kid! I liked him getting scolded for his fancy talk. Nice touch.