Reviews for Celebrating Love
LilyLunaPotter2002 chapter 1 . 4/11
Cute
cztelnik chapter 1 . 1/21/2015
beautiful. What a lovely story!
ladyofsilverdawn chapter 1 . 11/25/2014
Awww. Loved it!
LadyFrankie chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
Goodness the beginning made me cry... and then it was just so fluffy and sweet! Adorable and amazing, plus the chair and rug scenes were sexy!
NoLongerInUse500 chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
Omigosh, that was amazing :3 I know it's not Christmas, but that was so hot .
sarahsezlove chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
This is such a sweet story.
Azrael Jinsei chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
YenGirl chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
You're most welcome, dear! *hugs you back*

This story still has your signature trademarks like a wonderfully insecure Severus *ignores his glare* and a wonderfully loving Harry *returns his smile* but it is also different from your other series. A very, very nice change indeed.

It is so like Severus to sit there all alone in his living room when he could be doing other things to fill in his free hours. *points to full bookcases and waiting potions lab but is ignored* He can't resist the lure of the beautiful tree that Harry decorated no matter what he thinks about red and green together (which are actually perfect Christmas colours, together with gold and silver).

Ah, each of his Severus' flashbacks during past Christmases were so painful to read. You have no idea how many times you squeezed my heart with each recounting of them! Yet at the same time, you strung his thoughts very naturally from his earliest recollections of this festivity to the more present ones… I liked they flowed, very nicely done.

Damn that Tobias ruining his family's happy time! *growls at him* Severus was such a smart little boy then, wondering why his father had money to buy liquor and not presents. I liked that little moment between mother and son where she told him not to frown and he told her to smile more often. Thanks to that no good drunken Tobias, Eileen didn't have anything to smile about that night. *blinks hard at the horrible was he destroyed the ornaments* It was so painful to picture a 7 year old boy shivering in the cold and having to clear up the mess.

Oh, Merlin! Severus sat in his living room all alone from 7pm til Harry came home? He is so in love! *ignores his half hearted glare* I'm not surprised Harry visited him in St. Mungo's and not surprised Harry confessed his feelings first (otherwise he would have to wait for a very long time for Severus to do so!) It looks like Severus still has insecurity where Ginny Weasley is concerned. I'm sure she had someone special in her life by now and Severus should visit The Burrow with Harry from next year onwards. *nods*

Damn Lily now for ruining Severus' first Christmas at Hogwarts! *frowns at her* Poor Severus, cold and shivering and waiting *sniffles* and kept trying to console himself thinking she would appear at any minute. That was so painful to read – especially that ending where Severus cried himself to sleep and feeling so very alone. Have I ever told you how well you write angst, by the way? You are one of very few writers who can make Severus suffer mentally like this and make me want to comfort him. I do wish he had kept that scarf and given it to Harry many years later who would appreciate it much more than his mother would have.

So the hours are ticking away one by one… and Severus is still sitting there. He is so devoted to his Harry! *ignores another glare from him*

Damn Voldemort! How dare he ruin so many people's lives (and Severus') with all those raids! *glares at him with clenched fists* But Harry is right, Severus had made up for his past mistakes. I hope he doesn't revisit his painful memories next Christmas! Oh, I'm sure he won't because he will be too busy drinking eggnog at The Burrow and trying not to wince at all the noise and chatter and laughter around him! *brightens up at the thought*

Damn Minerva now! *sighs and shakes her head* Poor Severus, it looks like he was never destined to enjoy even a single Christmas season while at Hogwarts…. At least until he and Harry got together. But perhaps Minerva only said what she did because she had been at old Ogden's. *sighs* It was terrible to read of Severus spending Christmas all alone in his quarters and getting drunk. The poor dear! *sniffles again*

But now everything is going to be fine because Harry is here! *beams at him* By the way, I do like how you had him stumble out from the fireplace *chuckles* So like him…! And he even knew he was behaving like a lovesick puppy too, so cute!

I'm so glad Harry didn't let Severus' defensive tone put him off. I also like how they have agreed to be honest with each other to avoid misunderstandings... but if looks like Severus still isn't ready to be as open. It's a very good thing then that Harry's mind was working and he came up with the correct answer as to his lover's behavior.

Oh! *squeals* So Severus waited up for Harry every time he was out late? That is awesome sweet! *ignores her 3rd glare of the evening and starts smiling very widely at the next scene*

I’m sure you know how much I enjoy intimate scenes where one partner is straddling/sitting on the other so 100 points to Harry! *thumbs up to him* Mm, I like Severus with scars and I like how sensitive his neck has become. The changes you have made to this part were lovely, especially how Harry explained why he had never really touched them before. *nods*

*melts at the next part* Oh, I’m so envious of Harry! *has her fingers stuffed in her mouth so she wouldn’t squeal the house down or distract the two wizards* He has Severus at his mercy and beautifully so.

LOL and now the tables have changed and Severus is exerting very, very sweet revenge on Harry. I have to say, my dear, you have improved tremendously in writing intimate scenes that are red hot yet very sweet at the same time. Lucky for us, your readers!

*melts again at the next part* Fast and hard, Harry? *raises eyebrows and smiles* How very brave of you but you’re with Severus so that is perfectly fine since he won’t hurt you. That entire scene was utterly delicious! *quickly mops up all the drool she left on the carpet*

*takes a deep breath and lets it out* A soft and perfect ending with the two of them cuddling right there. *smiles* How like Harry to still be in tune with his inner child… and how like Severus not to mind. It was wonderful how Harry replaced Severus’ painful memories of Christmas Eve with this lovely one and I bet he will replace Severus’ memories of a lonely Christmas with new and lovelier ones too!

Such a beautiful Christmas story, my dear. Favouriting it, of course!
Ann Jinn chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Lovely story. Shows how so many hurts take time to overcome, but things can get better.
Sheankelor chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Oh. Oh my... that was absolutely wonderful. I do love how you were able to show how Severus past affected his perception of the present.

I am a touch miffed at how you hand Minerva act, but I guess I can forgive you... it is your story. And she just slipped once, of course it was once she shouldn't have, but ...

The fact that everyone ordered Harry home from the Weasley's was great! Maybe next year Severus will have the gumption to attend and then they can come home and repeat this particular evening. Maybe making out and sleeping in front of the tree can become a tradition. *laughs*

Thanks for sharing this one. It was perfect in every way.
Bye for now
Ree
Thatsallwegot chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
Absolutely fantastic.
Sister of Mayhem chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
Hot hot hot! I think I burned myself!
Tlcatlady chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
Sad and sweet. Great job! (Would have reviewed earlier but the system didn't allow yesterday) TLC
Pink Bead Girl chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
Such a good story, another success in your long running series of HP tales. The sad parts brought a lump to my throat as I read of all the miseries Severus had endured in his younger life.

The magical decorating of the tree by his mother was so lovely and I was a bit shocked when his father returned and destroyed it all. You wrote such an eloquent mixture of feelings there, from the anticipation that something was awry with the heavy tread of father's return, to the utter pathos of the poor little snowman, continuing to wave even as he was reduced to splinters. Oh my, what a sad, sad Christmas that was.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, you paint me an even sadder picture of a young Severus not only stoically freezing in his too-thin cloak but also stood up by Lily. You described the feelings of loneliness and betrayal perfectly, I felt very moved by it all. If ever someone needed a hug, it was poor Severus.

You know, I am sure that if one was to look up "angst/hurt/comfort" in the Dictionary, one would find the following entry : see "..."Schattengestalt"... she understands it so, so well." I am exhausted with emotion, in the best possible way at this point.

I felt a wave of relief come over me after all that sadness when Harry came back to see Severus. Of course as usual poor old Severus can't believe that Harry wants to be with him and not his friends but I liked the way you convinced him that Harry wanted to be there. I think by having Harry kiss Severus' scars, it made for such a special moment, something to truly reinforce how much Harry feels for him. It's not something that he would do for a casual lover, it's something deep from within and you set it all out just right.

I like the way you have Harry speak to Severus from such a close distance, that Harry's words send little puffs of air against his lover's lips. I think that is so intimate and romantic, nicely done.

I am also rather intrigued as to how it might feel to have one's clothes just "swished" away by magic. You've used this interesting little magic moment in several of your stories and I always like it a lot. I think it would be a very pleasant sensation against the skin indeed; warm one minute and a delicious coolness the next!

" I do as you wish...if you tell me what you want," the potion's master purred...

Great sentence, highly descriptive despite it's simplicity. I can just hear that "silky" voice...lovely little moment.

I like the way you have Severus transform slowly from a man who feels unsure, unworthy and undesirable into a beautiful creature who purrs and lusts after his paramour, growing ever more confident and capable and just sends Harry to the moon and back. You write the intimacies so well, so silkily that the words just simmer and burn until wow! starbursts appear. Your skill in this has really grown and I love the way you tell enough and yet keep it elegant too. Really good.

I love how you always finish with a soft and fluffy ending, most satisfying! I love the cuddles at the end, I feel all filled with pink fuzzy clouds of happiness. It was a good story and a very enjoyable interlude while curled on the sofa, winding down from Christmas excesses. Thank you for the pleasure.
Luc chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Most of the time I was afraid this would end too soon but when it got there, I was happy. Thanks. :)