Reviews for Could Have Been
TheHamsterInMyMind chapter 1 . 2/20
I really continue LOVING the HECK out of the way you write these two and their relationship - and mixing their experiences and all the silence and knowing between them neatly into a scene so believable that I can visualize and hear it happening on my screen (though it sadly didn't). Your particular magic also really happens with Rusty and his voice - so much the teenager still despite all those terrible circumstances and still struggling and trying to make his peace with not only where he's come from but with where he is now and where he's actually ABLE to go. The fact that he has so much now - because of Sharon, because of happenstance and luck, because of a few decisions both his and not his - is truly bittersweet, and you always manage to bring those seemingly conflicting feelings together in your writing and make it real and concrete and together rather than having them all fall apart.
Kayryn chapter 1 . 1/4
HOLY CRAP BUT I LOVE HOW YOU WRITE THESE TWO! Everything comes together perfectly and you write their relationship in perfect harmony with the show, and yet you give us these extra scenes and extra insights as to what happened after the camera faded out.
Isolith chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
This was beautifully written and I really loved the insight into both Sharon and Rusty in this scene. ) Thank you for a great read. )
shopgirl909 chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Amazing. Spot in characterization. Bravo.
SChimes chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Love this to bits. Sharon's ballerina vs nun dilemma (I'm with Rusty there... 'Really, Sharon?' ... although his next line about the Ninja Turtle made me literally laugh out loud bc it's totally in character and how are you this brilliant?!). And as always I can hear them talking as I read your dialogue, it's insane just HOW WELL you write them.
So glad Sharon mentioned how fulfilled she is after all, because you know how I feel about the prospect of her having ended up in a job she didn't like (UGH JACK). And the 'nothing would make me happier' line, and that whole discussion... AH so heartbreaking, she's so unhappy about the whole thing (or as the consent forms called it, 'hereinafter 'Sting''), and that Rusty is finally getting that but STILL wants to do it SO MUCH... my poor heart!
Wonderful, wonderful episode tag and I pretty much don't feel that an episode is complete without your amazing added snippets. Write all the things again! All the more things :D!
Force Unbroken chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Oh, these two. Gets me right in the feels every time.

As with everything you write, I loved this. Sharon and Rusty really needed a scene together after last night's case angst and consent form signing (which, by the way, how fantastic was that episode?). And I love how honest you had Sharon be with Rusty, because we all know she HATES the idea of him being out on the street, and he just has no idea of what he's *really* getting into, and they've tried to warn him but it just hasn't sunk in yet, and... Yeah. Also, that part where Rusty recalls how Sharon pretty much shoved the papers at him and holed up in her office after he asked about the case was perfect. Poor woman. That case was a doozy under normal circumstances; having her pseudo-kid pretty much walking down the same path and constantly being reminded of the possible consequences just CANNOT be good for her mind and/or heart.

Fantastic, lovely job! And now I'm entirely ready to read what you've got cooking up to address Sharon's whole "need to sleep with someone better than Jack" thing, because I think we both have an idea of who that lucky man should be (*coughFlynncough* Ahem.), and SERIOUSLY JACK, HOW HAS SHARON NOT DIVORCED YOU BY NOW. *growls*