Reviews for Nuzlocke: Calamity Calls
ShadowLDrago chapter 55 . 9/12
I love how Cynthia isn't having ANY of Steven's shit. Then again, she's the only other Champion with a varied team, each one with perfect IVs and EVs making her a nightmare even for the prepared and overlevelled.
ShadowLDrago chapter 54 . 9/12
Level 61 and Leslie still died. Dammit. But, that's the thing about Hoenn, expecting Rattata or whatever the Johto equivalent to make it onto your endgame team is unrealistic. To expect them to be able to EVOLVE, is unrealistic as they usually die to being very frail. Compared to Zizagoon/Linoone which are absurdly versatile, surprisingly tanky for Normal types and capable of making it onto endgame teams.
ShadowLDrago chapter 53 . 9/12
Wallace, tough for a Water type trainer, but still, enough Giga Drains and Thunderbolts finish him plenty quick when I'm as overlevelled as usual. I don't like taking chances. Though I wouldn't be surprised if that rock kills someone. You always end up killing off a lot of Pokemon here. I know it's not intentional, but still.
ShadowLDrago chapter 52 . 9/12
So Drake did have a Kingdra, been too long since I last played Emerald. Either way, if this was Gen 6, Manami would have been able to utterly wreck Drake alone due to being Water/Fairy, and being absurdly bulky, plus, being flat immune to Dragon type moves.
ShadowLDrago chapter 51 . 9/12
Now comes the most dreaded member of the E4, Drake. Thankfully, Manami has Ice Beam, so, that'll help as he oddly enough does NOT have a Kingdra, nor does Wallace despite it counting as a mighty Dragon and a Water type. Oh well. Makes it easier to kick their asses.
ShadowLDrago chapter 50 . 9/12
Mightyena wiped out Phoebe, no surprise, STAB Crunches have got to hit hard, psychological warfare or not.
ShadowLDrago chapter 49 . 9/12
And Sidney's down. He's probably the only being so far who's had complete control over Dark types. To be fair, he's part of the Elite 4, and this is the only time the E4 has been a big official thing compared to how it is in Kanto and Johto, so, it wouldn't be good for him to NOT be able to control their power. Plus, I don't think any of them have the 3 Banes of Nuzlocke, apart from possibly one of Phoebe's knowing Destiny Bond.
ShadowLDrago chapter 48 . 9/12
Sidney, Dark type Master of the E4. His Pokemon are rather vulnerable to repeated applications of Fire Blast and Fighting moves. Like Brick Break, which would have been useful against freaking Tate and Liza to break Light Screen. Wouldn't be super effective, but it'd help.
ShadowLDrago chapter 47 . 9/12
As bad as Orre is, Kanto is in a far worse state, considering that Mewtwo's explosion caused a gigantic mind wipe. Though, on the bright side, it is being protected by a Pokemon who can probably contend with the Gods in terms of raw power. I can imagine Mewtwo being around in Sinnoh or Unova, and having to resist the urge to Darth Vader the crap out of Galactic and Plasma. By Darth Vadering I mean choking them with psychic power. It'd make things a lot easier, but Mewtwo doesn't want to actively kill anyone, nor does Saylee, as much as Ghetsis deserves it, but we'll get there later.
ShadowLDrago chapter 46 . 9/12
OK, how did a Level 54 Swellow die in Victory Road? Anything that could do super effective damage you'd think you'd switch it out of, and it's higher level and probably faster than pretty much anything there? I genuinely don't know.
ShadowLDrago chapter 45 . 9/12
Rock Head Aggron, damn that'd have been good. Also, she got the Beldum. Smart move. Also, how did you struggle against Wallace's Tentacruel? Didn't you have any electric or Psychic type moves? Jeez, I knew the League was brutal, but holy hell. I expected it to be to his Whiscash or Milotic, but to basically a water Golbat? That's just sad. So, now all you have are 2 Hoenn Pokemon, the others are either in the PC or dead, including your Starter. Wow, you've actually ended up worse than in Johto despite Hoenn being easier. Question though.. Why did you stop at Level 55? I know grinding is tedious, but you should have grinded to a minimum of Level 60, or 70. You know by now how brutal the E4 can be, you should have grinded.
ShadowLDrago chapter 44 . 9/12
I'm guessing those idiots were either Team Plasma or Galactic. Wonder though, what was so powerful that it made even Mewtwo feel pain?
ShadowLDrago chapter 43 . 9/12
Charybdis and Scylla, nice names, and, to boot, much like the two Greek monsters were always in a pair, Salamence and Flygon are the local Hoenn Dragons. More of a Salamence person myself. They are crazy fast. Also, Unown are always creepy. I think that the one we see are just what manifests in the physical world. Personal headcanon, all Unkown are some sort of plural entity, an eldritch Pokemon and the little letter like things are just parts of it, 1 or two are harmless. However, the larger the group of Unown, the more reality can get warped.
ShadowLDrago chapter 42 . 9/12
I swear Tobias is immortal, the guy's survived since After Armageddon in KANTO which is the most violent of all the regions so far. Also, makes sense that Archie and Marc want to return the Orbs, because after what happened, they understandably want nothing to do with them, but with nothing to cover them, they'd just end up possessed again which is an experience I doubt any want to repeat. Also, Sandslash, pretty strong, more of an Aggron person myself because they are BEASTS, but, pretty cool.
ShadowLDrago chapter 41 . 9/12
Well, at least is Key and Saylee try to beat the 4, they can take comfort in that none of Sidney's Pokemon know any Dark type moves and that he's a perfectly sane man, honestly, out of the 4, apart from Phoebe, he's probably the nicest. Shame Teddy died, he'd have been able to wreck 3/4 of the E4, only ones he wouldn't be able to stomp would be Drake and Wallace. He could have been helpful against Steven though, with Fire and Fighting moves, as he has both Fossil Pokemon and Metagross, half his team, 2 Double Kicks/Brick Breaks and a Fire Blast would have done heavy damage.