Reviews for The Sorceress's Apprentice
Fimbu1vetr chapter 3 . 2/11
Love the backstory for Marisa and the basis for her broom. Also the receptacle pausing and saying the sacrifice "IS DISGUSTING" hahaha.
Fimbu1vetr chapter 2 . 2/11
Damn Marisa is a good theif even when 7 yrs old! Hahaha awesome!
Fimbu1vetr chapter 1 . 2/11
WHY DID YOU KILL MARISA D:. But damn backstory for Mima and Marisa is pretty pretty cool. Lol I like How you used Marisas original hair color too. Glad Marisa didn't become a sacrifice :)
Timeskipper1 chapter 3 . 1/22/2014
Sigh. I finally got around reading this and... well. You're a master as always and you've made DAMN CLEAR that Mima is NOT a good guy. Though maybe I would've enjoyed seeing her "pragmatism" turn on some bad guys at least once. But that's beside the point.

This story was... well, good. I definitely can't argue with that. But while intellectually I can tell you that you've been as good as usual, I have to admit that I found this story a bit... well, unsettling but also unnerving on the emotional side, and I think I know why. I am a bit of a lightweight for my grimdark, I'll admit. I could probably stomach Game of Thrones, even if it would probably give me several stomachaches. But, well... My gut doesn't take kindly to importing too much darkness in a setting such as Gensokyo. It's just... it's like the setting itself was out of character: mage wars, bands of raiders... It's not BADLY done, mind you, it just... doesn't feel much like Gensokyo. I might have said it before, of course, but I sometimes feel like in IM there's too much politics, scheming and pettiness going on for a story set in Gensokyo, and that sometimes ruins a bit the immersion.
It's nothing major, of course: the story is a masterpiece in its own right, and it certainly deserves its place in the Olympus of the best fanfictions, I think. It's just that, well... sometimes the setting is OOC.

Ok, I haven't been helpful at all, and it probably sounds a little stupid spewing this out after almost three years of following you, it's just, well... I felt like I had to say it.

That said, everything else in this story is perfect. The heist plan was really fun to read, and I wish dear ol' Miko was still alive and kicking... she would have put Yukari in her place, dammit.
Oh, and about Yukari: I really, like REALLY hope she didn't actually kill those poor kappas. She feels like a goddamn Ventrue elder enough as is.

Also, I like to think that even if only a little, Mima has actually softened during these years. It could be, at least after the events of the PC-98 series... after all, she IS still in her spirit form... hehe...

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go re-re-re-re-reread Mima-sama's Diary to help dry my tears.
Hina Kagiyama chapter 3 . 1/16/2014
"THIS SACRIFICE IS INSUFFICENT. ... ... ... AND DISGUSTING."
I laughed my everything out on that XD!
Honestly, I didn't expect Mima to even think 'To hell with sacrifices, I can break the shrine with something else anyway', seeing how ruthless she usually is, but I actually liked the fact that she did. It's good to see that even she lets her emotions influence her behavior. I loved this chapter.
TCAnimorph chapter 3 . 1/8/2014
...I can't even. This is the best thing.
Sonanoka21093 chapter 3 . 1/7/2014
That was a delightful little story. I saw the broom coming by way of the stick from a mile away, I'll admit. You've had a fun little run of surprises, but that one I managed to predict. Although, I have to admit, I love that your Marisa needs a broom to fly. I've always been of the opinion that it was for more than just show, even if making it look like a broom was hardly required. And, like your Marisa, mine is skilled at rune magic! That's neat. Never really seen anyone else take a route like that with her, really. Glad to not be the only one around with a rune-powered Marisa. Of course, I also find it hilarious that our Marisa's started with the same name. Jeez, it's kinda funny how similar our ideas for her are, now that I think about it. Although, this story does make me wonder exactly what happened with Mima in your world. I somehow doubt she was simply sealed away, as some would think. Something more sinister, perhaps? Well, that's enough out of me! Hope you had a great Christmas and that your New Years was just peachy. Still love that Mima overlooked the potential that someone was trying to steal a completely different artifact.
Sonanoka21093 chapter 2 . 1/7/2014
Ohh god, that chapter literally made me squeal with delight at numerous occasions! That's never happened before! Maybe once every few good stories, and rarely twice in the same story, but I nearly woke people up like five times! That was just... just... My god, just thinking about it made me do it again! This story is... simply amazing! I honestly couldn't help but squirm while squealing for a good five seconds at one point! I adore this story! Also, is it complete? It doesn't say it's complete, but you said it was only three parts.
Sonanoka21093 chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
That was a lovely first part! I quite enjoyed the way everything went. From the way things are going, I have to wonder just when the change of heart will come in? Just how will Marisa survive this?
Ancestor's Dragon chapter 3 . 1/6/2014
Well, that was a fun christmas special. I approve of the home alone reference, haha. Great job!
Sekai -The World chapter 3 . 1/5/2014
Awesome story!

Wait, you're going to do something like killing an innocent kid on Christmas in IM!? Or is it just killing Kaguya and Mokou lol.

Well, have a nice sleep and happy new year!
Azure Xuchilbara chapter 3 . 1/5/2014
And thus, the legend of Gensokyo's number one stealer of precious things and (third) greatest pimp has finally (and officially) begun..!

*whistles*

I have to admit I was laughing my ass off on the former half of this chapter due to a certain happening with a magical cauldron and some blubbery 'sacrifice' who fell in it...The disgruntled walrus had it coming, but I did not expect it to happen in such a lulzy fashion (and on a holiday to boot)...

Mima's definition of evil I particularly enjoy and how it makes so much sense on the way things work in the world...As well as Marisa's reaction to her being officially being made an apprentice of this awesome badass of a sorceress...

I know you have heard this a hundred times, but Happy Holidays nonetheless

Oh, before I forget...I do think that Marisa DOES have a bit of Stockholm Syndrome, coupled with the beginnings of lunacy and maniac tendencies...

After all, genius and insanity go hand in hand (like crack-pairings and after-incident teatimes)...Especially in Gensokyo
piruriez chapter 3 . 1/5/2014
OH MAH MAKAI DAT WAS ADORABLE! Sorry about that, but you did a really good job with this sgory, really, spin-off pwease?
Psykoakuma chapter 3 . 1/5/2014
What's wrong with Mami? That's a fantastic name!
Not bad. I enjoyed it for the most part even if it was pretty straightforward. It's nice to see something that celebrates the true -heh- Spirit of Christmas. And by that I mean the celebration of winter solstice, dark gods, and chaos! YAY!
TheForgottenPen chapter 3 . 1/5/2014
God, what can I say? I've been looking forward to a story like this for a loooong time, and this did not dissapoint. Scratch that, it exceeded my expectations. Well done! I loved the progression of each character, especially Mima. Reading back to how cold and ruthless she was and how she was molded by little Mary was sooo...heart warming.

Happy New year Taker