Reviews for Joyeux Noël
Evelyn chapter 5 . 12/5/2014
This is...heart-wrenching. I was pleasantly surprised by this story - I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I read the title. As soon as I started, however, I knew that I had to finish it. Please continue. Please tell me there is a happy ending...that Levi being taken away isn't the end of this tragic tale. Thank you for your wonderful writing. I look forward to your next chapter.
Caelitea chapter 5 . 3/31/2014
Yooooo;;;
So I'm pretty bad at leaving reviews but I love this so much I couldn't not. Just wow. I love the way that this plays out, and how everything intertwines, and just. Everything. The character relationships, the emotions, the way the characters are written; everything just contributes fabulously to a punch in the feels. I'm sorry this is such a subpar review, haha, I'm still just coping with the emotional weight of this chapter. Even though every chapter had emotional weight and I had to sit back and stare at the chapter for a little bit before I moved onto the next one. Aaaaa this fic is just. Really well written and impactful and just wow. Thank you. I'm looking forward to the next installment!
ALW4 chapter 5 . 3/16/2014
I have yet again pulled another all-nighter reading one of your stories. I still can't get over how beautiful your writing is- probably some of the best I've ever come across. And you are always so spot on with emotions and reactions, it's incredible. The way you precisely described the struggles of the individual during the times of the World Wars was heartwrenching and had me constantly on the brink of tears, especially in the way you intertwined the SNK characters into the opposing sides. I just can't wait to read the remainder of this fic. Thank you again for writing such a marvelous piece.
Peach eats Smiley chapter 5 . 1/8/2014
This is simply heartwrenching. I think if not for the fact that we knew about Levi's survival since chapter one, I'd probably tear up right about now.
I suppose next chapter will be Christmas 1948? I am very much looking forward to it.
underlings chapter 5 . 1/7/2014
WAILS LOUDLY. this story is... absolutely majestic; i've got no idea why you aren't getting more feedback. gosh, i adore all of the interactions that you've portrayed/expounded upon within the story and, just, the history aspect of it in general! so. good. ugh, and i'm really liking the non-linearness of it— can't wait for that last installment! also, nice call having the whole thing in jean's perspective; his character is super interesting to read about.
runobody2 chapter 5 . 1/7/2014
Oh hey so I just noticed that you hadn't gotten any reviews thanks to tumblr and I wanted to let you know that I read this and just failed to reply because I had no wi-fi for a while and then I forgot but anyways I really like it and true companions is a beautiful trope and also AUs are cool and this is very well done, even if makes me upset sometimes because I just want everyone in snk to be happy. Writing-wise I think this is a little... less edited? Than your other stories are but maybe that's just me? But wow, I really like the concept and you should defs continue.
gsdlover1623 chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
I read this a while ago and meant to tell you how much i loved it then, but i never really got around to it. ANYWAY just um wow? As always, your writing is incredible and the fact that this comes together so smoothly despite the time switches makes it that much better. It really captures the areas of gray that come with all wars and shows that when you're focusing on the soldiers individually, instead of the big politics that started the war, it really puts choosing 'sides' into a whole new perspective. Your characterization was spot on and the fact that you brought all the characters so beautifully together in a believable and relative-to-the-acutal-show way is truly remarkable. AND THE LITTLE DETAILS YOU INCLUDED DROVE ME NUTS IN A GOOD WAY TBH. TL;DR history stuff fills me with joy and this was a such a pleasure to read