Reviews for Reflection in Steel
DanAbnettFan1997 chapter 3 . 2/25/2014
This is excellent so far, really enjoying it. Keep up the great writing, can't wait for more!
HonorGuardElite chapter 3 . 2/25/2014
nice to hear from you was getting worried for a little there so to go off on a tangent here essentially covenant weapons and forerunner hardlight weapons will be the engagement arsenal of choice for Spartan vs. Space Marine encounters. Yes?
Tobi-Douchebag-666 chapter 3 . 2/25/2014
The Wotan's not exactly going to do so well with Inquisitor Graves around
0427123 chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
I love crossovers when they are taken for some fun with a grain of salt, but hate how often clashes between the fractions occur. I don't care how much you think you know both parties, no matter how alive a father and son are, neither can ever really know what the other is thinking. Now all I can do is to state some false statements that have been made on the Warhammer side of things. 40k is my passion and I have followed it for more than a decade, but pretty much do it religiously. My main topic of srutiny is the reviewer Derain, just like to point out some misconceptions. First of all, Space Marines. As much as I love crossovers and for the most part accept how most interpret Guardsmen for example, as the Guard is so monolithic that there are SO many variables as to how potent a soldier is, I NEVER read fanfictions where clashes between Marines and other things happen. It need to be said that GW made marines to be the ultimate badasses, and other franchises are quick to dismiss them with some kind of excuse, as well as the fact tghat fanwriters hardly portray them correctly. The arguement of its in the future is mostly invalid - time does not mean advance. However while it was stated that some Spartans move at 62km/h, it is well known that Space Marines move faster than the human eye can follow, and do so without as much as a rustle of the leaves in a forest. While I have forgotten the specifics, and such a franchise with 26 years of sometimes clashing fluff making a COMPLETE confirmation of anything impossible, I vaguely it being calculate that marines move at a few hundred meters a second, while running in a straight line. While I love Master Chief and he is one badass mofo, Space Marines are classified as post-human. Do the maths. Boltgun shells, which are essentially the power of a Halo rocket launcher EACH have aracane and powerful propellants in them that move them presumably a lot faster and more numerous than a singular missile, have had a whole clip of them slapped out of the air by a Astartes, thanks to his mental capacity of dozens of men and inhuman reaction times. Astartes armour, depending on the make consists of plas-steel, ceramite and adamantium. All of these are post-modern materials, and while Halo tech is barely comparable to modern tech, these are in whole new classes altogether, and can take the shell of a Abrams MBT with ease. Strength of the Astartes: while the Space Marine game is not technically canon, it does have a great display of a Space Marines strength. After dropping from near orbit, the Marine Captain lands on a Ork ship of at least 4 kms in length, and destroys it my wrentching the ginormous turret around with his strength alone, that combined with questionable Ork technology causes it to shoot its own bridge, plunging it into the planet below. The Marine survives of course, and goes on to blunt the entire ork invasion only supported by less than half a dozen other Marines. Just pointing these out because I feel the 40k community is underrepresented in these reviews is all. It QUITE OBVIOUS as the entirety of the 1st reviews page either a) called the Imperium the Empire b) knows nothing about how the Imperium communicates with Astropaths over long distences and assumes something to suit his purpose or c) refuses to acknowledge the grimdark distopian atmosphere that 40k prides itself with, as every action has reason and its necessities and follows the bandwagon of oh how stupid it is, they blow planets up for no reason.
Chris Adair chapter 2 . 2/18/2014
This is good. I'm liking this. I think you have the feel of all factions down really well. More please.
Symbolik chapter 2 . 2/17/2014
Really good story. Hope you update it soon.
SergeantMeow chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
Really enjoyable writing style and a great plot. Can't wait to see what you do with it when the two universes finally have a direct confrontation.
SpartanCommander chapter 2 . 1/17/2014
You know I like this. Storty dispite the Imperium having some good tech their efficiency and knowlege about it is very poor. The UNSC tech is likely capable of rivaling the Imperiums since they can use their tech with max efficency. Not to mention their computer systems are far more advanced.

It would be amusing to see UNSC AI's to hack into the Imperium's communications networkor even other sytems and create havoc like start false signals or evendisplay a fake message from an area with Space Marines saying a massive attack and the loss of half his squad.

An AI might be able to cause a diversion by falsifying an intire invasion and the Imperium may just believe it.

Granted they may even react with an exterminatus if the fake infasion looks bad enough depending on who is incharge of the ship that's capable of delivering it. (I don't get why they don't try to evac their own people when they deside to do that they just deliver that thing no matter who get's vaped.

I really can't wait to see what happens next.

I hope their maybe some more UNSC ships to arrive and help. (The Pillar or fire would be nice or a Covenant ship eventually) Those would be some useful reinforcements.

You know it would be intersting if at one point the Eldar will try to use these new aliens to their own ends or manipulate them but instead at the end they discover that the aliens used them. (the USNC and the Elites aren't stupid they would realize it's likely a trick with an offer of protection or power but a trick that if they play it right they could use it.)
SpartanCommander chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
You know in my opinion the UNSC likely can't ally with any of the official governments in 40K the Imperium is likely to dangerous and fenatical and worshiping a leader who is...well it's a bit disgusting how that worshiping started and it's inforced and thus it branched out like this.

If the UNSC ship want's to survive I will say that if the ship want's to survive they need to either over thow a group or create a strong fighting force. Youknow it would be interesting to see the UNSC to make a start by uniting multiple rebel groups, Pirates, outcasts, and others who for various reasons are against the Imperium.

With the UNSC's ability to conduct scientific research and reverse engineer equipment they could likely reproduce those relics that the Imperium has but never seem to try to reverse engineer it so all their soldiers can improve with those tech.

Not to mention at the speeds the Imperium can react to distress calls and that they have a havit of ignoring worlds that suddenly do dark or die of because to them hundreds of human worlds die of for various reasons (which according to the sources I have is why the necrons weren't detected for so long) The UNSC should be able to carry out many operations before the Imperium manages to track them down but by them they would have likely feld.
DanAbnettFan1997 chapter 2 . 1/15/2014
This is very well written and I'm enjoying this a lot! Can't wait for more!
Hiei-Uchiha chapter 2 . 1/5/2014
Very well written and excellent story, I truly hope you continue it! Your story is definiyely one I will be awaiting updates patiently!
trollymctroll chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
More!More!More!More!WAAAAAGGGHHH!
Derain chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Oh yes this is good. Although to add a third theory given how the forerunners made intergalactic portals its possible that the whole of humanity in the 40 K galaxy was transplanted there to a terraformed recreation of earth by the Forerunners for some reason after they smacked ancient humanity down to the stone age. It was over 100000 years ago by Halo reckoning after all.

On the anticipated meeting between a spartan an an astartes much anticipation. A raw breakdown of their different abilities shows that a veteran spartan in mjolnir armor would be faster, stronger and have faster reactions than a space marine. Spartans physical and mental abilities continue to increase over time as they fight. After 20 years the Spartan II recruits had gone from 300 percent faster than normal humans to 1000 to 1200 percent faster. In Kelly's case 1400 percent faster being able to run at sustained speeds of 62 kilometers an hour. Spartans are stong enough to push over a tank. There are cases of spartan picking up small vehicles and using them as close combat weapons. To a spartan even Eldar are moving in slow motion. Power armor in 40K increases your strength by a set amount and can be worn by ordinary humans although Space marines can wear it as if it was an extension of their bodies. MJOLNIR power armour multiplies its users strength and is so powerful it kills an unaugmented human who wears it. Add AI assitence it becomes worse. John 117 with Cortana's help was able to deflect the path of a ballistic missile by tapping it with his hand.

But on the space marines side even the youngest of them has more combat experience than a spartan. Also all their extra organs mean the Space marines are immune to disease and poison, can go indefinataly without sleep and take a higher degree of physical trauma than even a Spartans superhuman physiology. Rip out a Spartans heart they die rip out a space marines heart he laughs because he has a spare and then he cuts off your arm at the elbow while its still holding his heart.

Expect any really prolonged fight sequence between Spartans and Astartes to begin favouring the space marines ability to soak up damage. Still looking forward to watching a female spartan fling a space marine across the room.
Guest chapter 2 . 1/1/2014
You're doing this here too? Huh, I saw you writing this over on Spacebattles. It's good. I prefer to follow from there though, so don't expect me to review often. Others probably will though. Well... Good luck. I hope you do well. I'm not a member here or there though, so yeah...
Gespenster Jager chapter 2 . 1/3/2014
Great Story! I do like where you're taking this. From what I've read it seems that you know enough of both 40k and Halo Lore to pull of a story which should be well received by fans of both. I love how the Halo faction are taking cautious, intelligence grabbing steps without (to my eyes) being too judgemental. Hell, they barely know about the history around 40k to appreciate that 70% of the Xenophobia is warranted by the Empire. Clearly they are reserving judgement of how to proceed until they know more about the Empire and factions within. The psuedo-Christian overtones of the Empire ought to be manageable for them to establish some sort of dialogue as the culture isn't that alien to them.

On the bits of the Empire, you seemed to have gone for a good choice in planet. I would guess either a Ecclesiastical or Manufacturing worlds which may exist in relative moderation. It may have the potential to show both the good and bad of the Empire while avoiding some of the more extremes early on in the Story. With their level of Technology I could easily see the Wotan's crew hiding behind the premises of a Rogue Trader once they learn more about the planet. Being a planet of lesser importance odds are they wouldn't really know how to check the backstory themselves.

Anyhows I am looking forward of where you take this. Regardless of the direction you take I'm pretty confident it'll be a great read.
118 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »