Reviews for To Find Our Long Forgotten Gold
Annie AR chapter 39 . 6/13/2020
Oh, what a marvellous tale you have crafted! You made me feel so strongly for poor Kili, and Fili and Bilbo too, and everybody else involved. You showed the complexity of their inner nature, the depth of their struggles in a way that made it even sweeter to see everybody overcome them. I laughed in some moments, and cried (many) other times. Even now, as I'm writing this, my eyes are still wet.
Thank you so much for sharing this brilliant story! I have no suitable words to express what an incredible read it was.
Kindle-the-Stars chapter 39 . 6/8/2020
Lovely story, I really enjoyed reading it! I particularly enjoyed how slowly you took the language learning, it made it seem very realistic. Thanks for writing!
K chapter 39 . 8/30/2019
I read this in one day and it was absolutely wonderful. I didn’t want it to end, but this was a completely satisfying closing to a marvelous story. Thank you for the hard and work and effort you must have put into it— I laughed, cried, smiled, and clutched my chest in panic as well as during heartwarming times in abundance through my reading experience. I doubt I’ll forget this story. It has made an impact upon me, and I dearly hope that you know how profoundly it has, though I have not the words with which to say it.

I wish the Company of this universe all the best, with special wishes to Kili, Fili, and Bilbo for smiles and sunshine.

Thank you again!
TheRedScreech chapter 39 . 1/1/2019
I am in tears! I must admit that I read this over the course of the evening and it is now almost 11 at night, so maybe it's the strain of staring at a screen for several hours straight, but then again, I have been in tears at many points in your story. This is magnificent and wonderful and masterful!

The tiny details with Bifur teaching Kili, Fili recognising little signs they've used, Ori's drawings, Dwalin's strength and loyalty - by George, I loved it all.

And Bilbo. Bless that hobbit. You brought him to life as I have never seen before!

Kili's portrayal was nothing shot of amazing! I really enjoyed watching him learn Common and how to be a dwarf. That adult ceremony was incredible and oh, I cried when Bilbo was named 'dwarf-friend'!

This is a beautiful story and an instant favourite. Thank you so very much for writing!
Guest chapter 39 . 5/11/2018
I have never read a more well written story from the Tolkien verse. I was on the edge of my seat laughing and crying and gasping aloud completely uncaring of how odd I must have looked to my family. Absolutely excellent. Tolkien himself would be very proud. The culture, language and relationships were wonderful and riveting. I’m kinda ranting but I was just so impressed with this story. Definitely one of my all time favourites. Excellent excellent excellent!
Kirgy5040yahoo chapter 39 . 1/13/2018
OK I absolutely love this story and your other stories relating to this family of dwarves. Kili Has so much of a life of its own here that you’ve totally developed and this alternate storyline is just completely believable the way ride it I admire that it’s almost like watching an artist paint a beautiful picture I greatly enjoy reading your works and all of these works and hope you elaborate on his life maybe even finding love etc. but thank you for your works God bless and happy writing to you
Kirgy5040yahoo chapter 39 . 10/10/2017
Oh my gosh I absolutely absolutely love this story I would love to see more chapters I would love to read another story is you right as I really think you brought these characters life and develop them in a truly wonderful way to where you feel like you really know the characters as if they jump off the page. I thank you for taking time to write this work as it is quite a long one and God bless and happy writing to you in the future
Guest chapter 23 . 4/22/2017
"Bilbo did his best to look like a dangerous, untrustworthy translator" :-) I like your dry humour hidden troughout the fic, it's just the right amount.
Robbie chapter 12 . 4/21/2017
LOVE your Bifur! He is kind and thoughtful while still direct and funny.
Ava chapter 39 . 2/9/2017
oh, no words to describe what I feel. Incredible, incredible work. Oh dear me. err, well, unspeakably good job, I'm going to read the sequel now. bye
Ava chapter 23 . 2/8/2017
OHHHH! I cant read fast enough!
Ava chapter 12 . 2/7/2017
Oh! this last couple paragraphs! they had me laughing hysterically, when my mom just went to bed, I had to cover it up as a sneeze. amazing writing talent, its so full of detail and smooth.
misslin999 chapter 39 . 1/28/2017
Amazing story! Wonderfull writing!
WhistlingWolf chapter 39 . 12/21/2016
I have no clue why I only just found this,but it is awesome. Thank you for writing!
Inksplosion chapter 39 . 9/24/2016
*flaily hands* This is such a wonderful example of blending movie!verse and book and taking them both in a different direction by weaving in a well-realized 'what-if'. Your writing vividly evokes Bilbo and the Company and the challenges they face in this AU. I didn't want to stop reading (and stayed up way too late to finish).

THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL STORY!