Reviews for Snapshots
QueenGB chapter 16 . 8/1/2020
I see a flicker of light for these men to find their way back to each other. I see Edward trying to unravel his anger into understanding. And I see Jasper using this potential reprieve from Edward to breathe and heal. Phew... that was an important chapter.
QueenGB chapter 15 . 7/31/2020
These boys are wearing me out in the the most sad, rich and amazing way. I love them both in their fragility. So amazing.
QueenGB chapter 14 . 7/31/2020
That was a beautiful flashback. I definitely think Edward misses his brother.
QueenGB chapter 13 . 7/31/2020
Oh you boys. God I feel so much for them both. I think Jasper and his journey is so visceral and Edward well I think his pain is more about he and Jasper then he’s willing to admit. That was powerfully exhausting. And when my family member stayed with us after rehab we locked up all the booze and even the NyQuil because depressants (Alcohol)don’t help the addicted no mater their preferred vice. *Sigh*
QueenGB chapter 11 . 7/31/2020
Jesus. I knew this was angst but it’s kicking my ass and this chapter was so tissue box hard.
QueenGB chapter 10 . 7/31/2020
Carlisle is a Doctor right? Is he going to suggest family/group therapy at some point? They can’t do this each time. I’m burnt out and I’m just reading. They need to heal and I think they need help.
QueenGB chapter 9 . 7/31/2020
I know Jasper is feeling vulnerable but friends from his old life, clean or not is never a good thing. Wish them well and move on. I have mixed feelings about Carlisle telling Jasper what Edward told him in confidence. Information is power and right now Jasper though family is an unknown. A part of me feels like they (Carlisle & Esme)would prioritize Jasper because they missed him and want him close. But it’s all a guessing game. Who knows where you’re taking this right?
QueenGB chapter 7 . 7/30/2020
Well that’s another hurdle down Jasper. I think they should be in family therapy.
QueenGB chapter 5 . 7/30/2020
I do feel for Jasper I do but the damage this disease causes is so hard to come back from. I understand Edwards wrath because mostly he is just afraid he’s going to lose his girls and that’s terrifying. No winners here. So fucking sad. Give me that squeeze toy. I’m going to need it.
QueenGB chapter 3 . 7/30/2020
Yeah my god, these emotions on all counts and the parts the family members are playing are taking me back to watching some people I love suffer the same.
QueenGB chapter 2 . 7/30/2020
I actually had a similar family situation to this I feel for Edward and Bella and the fear they feel. However, I also know this Jasper and taking this step is a good and difficult start. After the hugs, I’m sorry and so glad you’re alive comes the hurt and anger. Buckle up baby.
QueenGB chapter 1 . 7/30/2020
I’m ready for the ride honey. I think *stares off into space*
2caughtup chapter 25 . 4/30/2020
Just loved this one. Was nice to have e/b together against an outside influence. I enjoyed this e/j like vet story...which is what it was a brotherly love story
JojoJinx chapter 16 . 3/14/2020
Ok, I'm on pg 16 so i hope this still happens but i feel like edward hasn't had a chance yet to tell jasper how this were for him. How he grew up seeing jasper as his hero... He wanted to be him. Then things got confusing and all edward wanted to do was find away to make jasper a hero again. He wanted to help so badly. He loved his brother so much. He was absorbed and completely in love with bella but never dreamed or considered for one moment of bella and he ever being together as he loved his brother. He cared and even though it killed him to do it when edward saw jasper sad when jasper and bella went through another break up he couldn't hate to see jasper sad and felt such intense loyalty to jasper he felt he had to help. He admit he also couldn't bare the idea of never seeing bella again if his brother jasper and bella broke up. She was his best friend...that he allowed himself. The fact that he was desperately in love with her he buried and never allowed himself to entertain. Such was his love and loyalty for jasper. His brother. Edward didn't like the way jasper made his parents upset though. How he hurt and let them down. Jasper hurt edward too. But mostly he disliked that jasper made bella upset and before all that he thought his brothers relatuonship with bella seemed odd considering bella's youth and vulnerability to jasper's older years.
What twisted edward though... The day he first hated jasper was the day jasper made dd edward be the one to break the already broken bella. The young bella with no parents of her own for comfort whom had been in a traumatic accident being severely injured with risk of amputation and fearing for her Tiny babies life. He then had to tell bella that jasper had left her. That was what did it for edward. Edward could say how he couldn't leave bella on her own in the hospital with no one, distressed and unable to see her baby... How he visited the baby and it was love at first sight. How he comforted bella when she cried over another man... His brother. His brother had hurt the woman he loved though he felt he had no right. But the d fury edward felt that jasper left baby bird. Defenseless, painfully mortal baby bird. That his brother could so callously walk away without checking on his baby... How he left bella believing their baby was dead... A scenario in which if true would mean bella not only lost her baby that day... An agony she'd never recover from... But she'd lost jasper too. Because jasper saw only his own pain. That was the day edward hated jasper. But he loved bella and baby bird despite him never expecting our imagining or dreaming of ever being anything to Bella other then a friend. Edward could explain bella's distress in the early days of being unable to physically care for her baby. Knowing if her baby was crying in a crib she couldn't walk ober and scoop her up. She couldn't even get up the stairs. Edward explained he was out of a job and how he slept on a blow up bed in kayleys nursery. How he helped bella and the baby. Tried to comfort her. His fury so great that 10 months passed before his own grief could no longer be buried. The sense of abandonment he felt that jasper had left him. His brother that he loved. Loved, hated and was worried and terrified for. Edward was so confused. Edward could say how in the early days he ripped up his then favourite photo of Little edward being swung between his two big brothers in his hurt and distress. And how the day he got home from work finding bella on the couch red eyed he knew another of jaspers photos had arrived and how edward had broken down in distress when he saw the photo of the brothers... The thing that stopped him being his daughter say da for the first time. How it had been only a week prior to that that edward had known bella to see him as anything other then a friend. The day karlie had fallen down and as edward comforted her he unconsciously said daddy's here. Bellas reaction when he apologised was she kissed him. Bella asked if he was sure he wanted this. Edward said he loved her.. M he loved them both and she told him she loved him too.
Oh and Jasper needs to see how edward feels to. Why couldn't jasper see how much edward loved and doted on jasper. How much he cared. Wanted to help.
Had jasper stuck Around that that could of been his sense of belonging. An innocent untainted or hurt or dissapointed in him. A fresh start. (id rather jasper thought that bit m his own rather than Edward shoving that red hot poker down his throat.)
I want jasper to hear all this from edward. Rose said her piece what about edward.
Saying all this however i want you to know as I've read this I've cried and hurt for jasper and i feel i understand as much as anyone who has never been a drug addict or dealt personally with it can. Jasper is certainly a heartbreaking character. I hope he finally feels at home and loved by his parents and brothers ... Not just feeling loved by Alice (we all know that will happen)
So long as jasper doesn't cause anymore harm to edward, bella and kayley he needs his happily ever after... Which i can't help but feel should be less about alice and more about him finding that he'd been looking to belong somewhere unable to find it because he already did belong he just had been blinded)

Also as a side note... Adolescence is often when mental health difficulties make them selves known. And with his early childhood trauma... Yeah not surprising things why awful for him. Adolescence is hard enough without mental health difficulties or early trauma... But with.
Oh jasper... If only you'd been able to find good date help then. him, James, Victoria and Laurent. How different his life might of been.
val2901 chapter 25 . 3/11/2020
Lo siento te escribo en español, gracias google que traduce solo y pude leer esta historia. Realmente tengo que darte las gracias por esta historia, porque fue algo increíble, me hiciste entender lo que es la adicción como enfermedad y dejas en claro la diferencia entre la eleccion de consumir drogas y la adiccion que lleva a la enfermedad, senti el dolor y la desperacion de Jasper, la desepcion de Edward, cada uno de los sentimientos que expresaste y solo se me acurre decir wow, te felicito solo un buen escritor lleva al lector por este viaje de emociones y aunque varias veces me hiciste llorar, valio la pena!
4,023 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »