Reviews for Skin Deep
MonicaOP chapter 61 . 6/15
I just wanted to thank you for this amazing story, is one of the few I had decided to read when I know that Thranduil is going to suffer the loss of his wife and it was 'cause it was really amazing all the way!

I hope you decide to write a bit more of what happens in Aman, but is a truly beautiful story even without it.

Be well! hugs!
Paprika37 chapter 16 . 5/30
I love this so much the ending to Part 1 is so beautiful! I can't wait to read the rest! Thank you for writing this!
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 61 . 5/10
Eeeeee! So very adorable! I'm glad Thranduil decided to sail. He was never at home after Caladhel left. It is good to see that his wife spoke the truth when she told him about Valinor. (Though, for the record, I never doubted her, only Thranduil's ability to hope she spoke true)
An excellent story! I am quite satisfied, and have forgiven you for brutally murdering Caladhel. Thanks for sharing and God bless!
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 60 . 5/10
Oh, come on. I thought it was mean to kill Caladhel, leaving Thranduil in emotional agony until he sails or dies, but Legolas is still a child. You can't just murder his heart like that.
Still, I'm almost glad that stuff is covered. One more epilogue to go. I wonder if Legolas and Thranduil will die in this one. -_-
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 59 . 5/10
More adorableness. This story is horribly sad, yet so sweet at the same time. I WANT to be angry that you murdered Caladhel, but I still really appreciate the story, and even her death. *grumbles*
Roewen will be remembered, I think. It's sad that she died, but I'm honestly quite glad her story was wrapped up so neatly, until she's reborn and begins a new one. She's a great character, and I'm glad she existed, and that Tauriel will carry on her legacy of disobeying orders and showing Thranduil the right end of an arrow.
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 58 . 5/10
Now THAT is sweet! Legolas is incredibly adorable, even as an adult. Thranduil is certainly in good hands. Thanks for sharing and God bless!
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 57 . 5/10
Oh dear. This is very tragic indeed, and also kind of happy, in a sad sort of way. I'm glad Legolas can still smile, and I hope he teaches Thranduil to find joy again, though I suspect it won't happen for a millennia, at least.
It may not happen until Thranduil sails to Valinor, but I believe he will cherish the memories, rather than banish them, and I look forward to that.
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 56 . 5/10
WELL, that's very depressing. I hope Thranduil doesn't kill anybody else in his anger. He has the potential to get rather scary.
I also hope Haldir doesn't kill anybody in HIS anger, since he can also be threatening at times.
I'm rather impressed with Caladhel's clarity in the situation she found herself in. She's grown a lot and found more confidence in her death, and more meaning in her life, so that she doesn't despair anymore when she finds herself in darkness. I am honestly quite glad she's dead. That's a good deal better than being a prisoner of these fellows.
Thanks for sharing and God bless!
Omg. I'm in tears finishing this. I can't tell you what this fic means to me. It's everything and I can't thank you enough for sharing it with us. Please keep writing and keep writing Thranduil. Gosh you created such magic with this fic. A thousand thank yous. -V
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 55 . 4/30
I... really don't know what to say. That's horrible, and I think all my suspicion towards you being horrible to your characters is well deserved, and under-expressed. Basically, you're MEAN. I am not grateful for abusing your characters, but it's still a good story, so thanks for sharing. God bless.
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 53 . 4/30
So, so, so adorable! Thranduil is a glorious dad. He is reluctant to let anyone close to him go, and I honestly don't blame him, though I don't blame Caladhel or Legolas either. Great chapter, though. Thanks for sharing and God bless!
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 52 . 4/28
That pair is honestly just pure adorableness. I love them both! I... am going to just leave this review short, because I want to get to the next chapter. Thanks for sharing and God bless!
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 51 . 4/28
Oh dear. This is not good. Not good at all. Aurel had BETTER not die. Legolas would probably beat himself up about it forever.
At the same time, though, there does seem to be a suspicious amount of foreshadowing suggesting that he might die, and I don't like it at all.
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 50 . 4/28
Man, Thranduil is a great dad. He had nothing to worry about when Tuven left. All the interactions between Legolas and Thranduil are just so adorable! You did a great job.
Aurel is a rather nice person. He seems pretty confident and such. I rather hope he doesn't die.
This is a great chapter! Thanks for sharing and God bless!
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 49 . 4/28
That. Is. ADORABLE!
I'm glad Tuven is not a butthead anymore. It took him long enough, but it's better late than never. He actually somewhat deserves to find peace now, so safe travels to him. Hopefully he finds what he's looking for.
Beleth is staying behind? Interesting. I honestly wouldn't have guessed that they'd be going separately, but it's not a bad idea.
2,460 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »