Reviews for Skin Deep
Maryam Clarus chapter 61 . 9/22/2020
this is a very wonderful story, I really enjoyed my time reading this and thankful for having to receive the chance to join their journey. I expected the events on Caladhel from the very start, I just didn't know how the story would've continued in her absence, and yet she's always present in mind as we near the end of the story. I rather enjoy how it ended, yes it was tragic at first but the hope for peace really did it for me, God, how I teared up as I read the last lines as the story close. Thank you so much. I'm so happy to have read this. A very well written story and OC's that I've come to cherish. This will forever be engraved in my memory and in the future I shall come back and relive the journey again. I hope you're doing well, I hope you have found success and happiness in your life. take care always
Guest chapter 61 . 9/12/2020
Wow! I love this story.. The way u have characterised Thranduil is the best that it could have been. Your style of writing is really so good! Everything that happens in the story is explained to such detail! I love the way you explain Thranduil's words and actions with Tauriel too. In the movies, it gave an impression of Thranduil of just being cold and aloof. But yours was so much more satisfying. The story behind his life and his wife were so unique and interesting to read!
Maybe, if you ever read this, you could write about the life that Thranduil has in Valinor. The introductions, the reunions, it would be most interesting to read one written by you. Even legolas could join in later. And if possible they could have an other adventure... not sure if it can happen in Valinor though...
I really did enjoy this story and I sure hope that you continue these wonderful stories!
Thank you so much for this story!
Pocket Bug chapter 61 . 9/8/2020
Such an outstandingly PERFECT ending! I’m so happy beyond words to finally see Thranduil and Caladhel reunited at last. It was just as sweet and tearful as I imagined! And I loved how his father and brother were right there with her to greet him, even joining in on Thranduil’s and Caladhel’s hug. Let me tell you, I could read a whole book on Caladhel’s time in Valinor with her in-laws, so if there’s any missing scenes I’d want to see it’d probably be them meeting. In fact, I’m actually really curious how reincarnation works for elves in Valinor. Do they pop out of a spring or something or are they like actually born again with all their memories gradually returning? And also Caladhel’s parents! How do they all get along with Thranduil’s family? It seems so weird to me to think about them being informed that their children had married before actually meeting the married couple. And it had to have been devastating finding out that Caladhel had died. :(

Something else I’m curious about too is the reaction over Celebrian’s attack which was similar to Caladhel’s except in that she was rescued. I can see it causing conflicting feelings in Thranduil and old thoughts to surface. Like if Celebrian held on until she was rescued then why couldn’t Caladhel? Why didn’t she trust him to save her and would it even be considered saving given the torment Celebrian went through instead? So much so, in fact, that she ended up leaving Middle Earth anyway. Did he reach out to Elrond about it? Or even Celebrian? She was his wife’s cousin that she cared about greatly, it must have made an impact finding out about her attack. Had Caladhel already been reincarnated when Celebrian arrived in Valinor?

Yikes, sorry for all the questions! Like I said, I could read a whole book about what happened while Caladhel was waiting for Thranduil.

I really loved how you explained Thranduil’s fear over traveling to Valinor and Legolas comforting him. It was such a great scene and a wonderful farewell for both of them. Honestly, everything about this ending was *chef’s kiss* perfect. An ending so so satisfying and everything I could have wanted for all of them. Seriously, thank you so much for sharing such a great story and I wish you all the best. Take care!
Mimi Lind chapter 61 . 8/28/2020
Thank you for writing!
I liked this epilogue. I admit to have skipped forward to it lol. Sometimes I get restless when reading. :D
Glad they were reunited. Good luck with your future stories and stay safe!
Vallaquenta chapter 61 . 8/24/2020
God, what a story.
I loved your writing and the way you've managed to stick to canon. I love that you did, but yet I wish you didn't because Caladhel deserved so much more.

In terms of what I miss: I would've loved to have read your interpretation of how the Hobbit and LoTR would've worked out had she stayed by Thranduil's side, but then it would probably be incredibly AU.

The positives for this story are the detail in which you write, as well as using appropriate prose, which is sort of similar to Tolkien"s work. The story also lays down a beautiful possible backstory for the Elven Queen of Greenwood the Great.

Also, when did Celebrian get captured by orcs, for I believe this also happened within the time frame of this story?
Mimi Lind chapter 49 . 8/18/2020
Aww baby Legolas! My favorite elf.
It’s true about children growing up. When they are babies they are everything, your entire world spin around them and their needs, their progress, their wants.
But as they grow ever more independent, so do you.
But the love for your spouse remains... well, at least if you tend it and nurture it.
Mimi Lind chapter 43 . 8/18/2020
Beautiful!
Mimi Lind chapter 41 . 8/18/2020
Awww
Mimi Lind chapter 40 . 8/18/2020
Hehe. Galion will feel that wine himself eventually. :D
Guest chapter 61 . 8/14/2020
I cried so many times during the last few chapters. Its unbelievable how well written and thought out the story is. I must say.. the ending made me feel sad as well as elated. This story is one of my all time favorites, thank you so much for writing it and all your efforts
crazyseasons chapter 61 . 8/14/2020
I’ve been following Skin Deep since January 2017. It has been one of the stories that kept me sane while I was doing my undergrad thesis. And coincidentally, the last epilogue arrived just as I was about to take my comprehensive exams in grad school. (Ok enough about me)

The ending was perfect. I might have shed a few tears here and there then proceed to binge reading the entire story. I’m just grateful that you shared these stories with us.

Looking forward to your future works, whatever they may be! Keep on dreaming!
Mimi Lind chapter 37 . 8/12/2020
What subject did you doctor in?
Sorry about your loss.
Mimi Lind chapter 36 . 8/11/2020
Whew. That was intense! They are so cute.
Mimi Lind chapter 35 . 8/11/2020