Reviews for Skin Deep
YoursAnnie chapter 13 . 2/9/2014
That was amazing!;) Thanks for updating! I can't wait for the next chapter!;)
pink-strawberries chapter 13 . 2/9/2014
The interaction between Thranduil and Caladhel was just pure amazingness, as well as the soft moments between Thranduil and his aunt. This story is progressing beautifully, and the last moment where Caladhel touched Thranduil was just haunting...
ImmatureChild chapter 13 . 2/9/2014
Well that end scene was kinda heart wrenching... good Lord I love this story! XD I'm glad you go back and forth between the two, and you manage to keep Thranduil (and every other Tolkein character so far) in character. Bravo, I'll be waiting for the next update like a Hobbit waits for second breakfast. Impatient but eager! :D
DarqueQueen7 chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
Beautiful and powerfully emotional chapter. Thranduil has fallen into a depression because I honestly think this is the first time in his life since his injury that he's allowed himself to actually experience it. Coupled with the loss of his father, the burden of his crown - and worse yet, that he was totally and completely wrong about Caladhel. For the first time in his life, he realizes he can be wrong.

For Caladhel, it is the discovery that the arrogant King that has held her against her will is actually a far stronger, yet completely damaged being. She is agog that he has not left Middle Earth - and hurt that he still holds to the belief that she is a spy and would tell anyone his secret. She is fascinated by his injury rather then repelled by it - and I think this is something else that will challenge Thranduil's preconceived notions of her. When she moves to touch his cheek and she actually makes him cry, that was a moment that not only moved both of the characters, but got me to cry. And when she quietly thanks him, it broke my heart a little more.

Hopefully Thranduil won't misread anything, but well, this is an angsty piece and he's a male...that's just bound to happen. So, put up that next chapter and prove me wrong!

Darque
Sam0728 chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
Absolutely beautiful. I am in love with this chapter!
Slow and elegant, yet inspiring and soft.
One of my favorite chapters, thus far.
Can't wait for Thranduil's thoughts, definitely something to look forward to.
Can't wait for the next chapter, update again soon.

P.S. I was expecting -maybe- a soft kiss to his forehead, but then I don't know if that would be to personal for an Elf.
LWurd chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
That was a wonderful chapter. Loves the emotion and thought process behind it all :)
Sheherazade's Fable chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
This was a very touching chapter, and rather bittersweet in many ways. The turn of events was well-written and, to be honest, the way you described her touching his face really displayed the leap they've made in how they view each other.

Your thoughts on Oropher and the ring really do make a lot of sense. I mean, Dol Guldur is intensely creepy and Mordor is practically the birthplace of all evil on Middle Earth.
ladymoonscar chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
dude, so touching!
Miss.J.Anne chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
Oh the feels! My favorite chapter so far!
BloodLustPassion chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
Oh god! I can't wait a week for the next update! _
Salome Maranya chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
Splendid work!
Though it was already established that this would happen (i.e. the apology session), for some reason I felt they were forging an unspoken bond here more than the apology, which did not get uttered until the near end. I mean, they were facing each other with much less boundary and both were willing to set aside pride and indignation to communicate...
Beleth is like a mother to him, it is like she naturally belongs in his world. She is more than a possible bridge for Caladhel and Thranduil, but a parent and a wise counsel. Although, I hope her husband learns to warm up to Caladhel eventually.
I also have wondered before why the Elvenking does not possess an elven ring (afterreading of both Elrond and Galadriel having it). You're right, the explanation makes sense. :)
Protagonist Of Life chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
Thrandruil gettin pensive.
Akira Darkness chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I just... LKAJSDKJHFALKSFJKDJSDJFHl! If that made any sense. :)
Michelle1294 chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
Loved it and all the emotions I felt
filimeala chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
Amazing chapter. I don't know if you were going for this but I feel sorry for Thranduil, not the pity kind, but the understanding kind. That really doesn't make sense, oh well. I am curious to see how their relationship goes from her seeing his true face. :)
2,472 | « Prev Page 1 .. 144 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 164 .. Last Next »