Reviews for Skin Deep
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 49 . 4/28
That. Is. ADORABLE!
I'm glad Tuven is not a butthead anymore. It took him long enough, but it's better late than never. He actually somewhat deserves to find peace now, so safe travels to him. Hopefully he finds what he's looking for.
Beleth is staying behind? Interesting. I honestly wouldn't have guessed that they'd be going separately, but it's not a bad idea.
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 47 . 4/20
It was about time someone gave Thranduil a good kick up the backside. Amroth should have introduced him to Nimrodel years ago.
Thranduil is a pretty solid dude, but he needs to stop dwelling on his faults, and the fact that he's a terrible person, and actually get up and improve the situation. Things are rarely so bad that they can't be fixed.
So Glorfindel won. Heh. That's interesting. I like that Haldir refers to the situation as Glorfindel having beaten 'us'. They'd make a good team, I think.
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 46 . 4/19
Interesting! Thranduil is certainly taking his sweet time about it, isn't he? It's a fact not missed by anyone, and yet he doesn't seem to notice their impatience.
Honestly, I wouldn't be too surprised if Haldir took Thranduil to account for dilly-dallying too much. It is not only actions that cause pain, but lack of action as well. Speaking of which, who won? Did they get to play each other at all? I assume Haldir didn't brain Thranduil this time, or just about strangle him, but I still want to know how the fight went.
Arwen is very sweet. It's honestly possibly a good thing that Caladhel and Thranduil wait before having children, because otherwise poor Arwen would likely have to suffer a lot of match-making, and all the obsessed fourteen-year-old fangirls wouldn't be able to flirt over Legolas and his beautiful hair.
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 45 . 4/18
Eeeeeee! Arwen must be so adorable! I imagine my own niece's little face after she was born, and it's extremely sweet. The way she purses her lips and lifts her little eyebrows so delicately, it's just so amazing. I could honestly ramble for an age about how precious and wonderful and adorable the little girls can be, but it's quite possible that anyone listening from the beginning would soon tire of the speech, so I should probably leave it.
That is sad that Thranduil is not yet ready to have a child. He would make an excellent father, I think. I suppose it has to happen eventually, though I certainly sympathise with Caladhel's impatience. The jolly ellon needs to hurry up.
Great chapter! Thanks for sharing and God bless!
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 44 . 4/18
Ooooooh, small children! Elladan and Elrohir are quite charming lads, and the former appears to be rather adorable in his sudden infatuation. How old are they, though? I thought they'd be rather young, but they seem rather mature. Is that just the mortal blood coming through, or are they in fact older?
Roewen's response to Imladris is slightly amusing, and is also making me slightly nervous of what could possibly happen. I hope her fears are entirely unjustified.
Great chapter! Thanks for sharing and God bless!
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 43 . 4/18
Interesting...
Honestly, being a young, unmarried maiden, my first response is kinda "Ew, don't look." Still, I can appreciate this chapter, even if I don't have a hugely detailed review to give on it. Thanks for sharing and God bless!
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 42 . 4/17
This chapter is quite adorable. Galadriel, Tuven, Beleth, they will all make great in-laws, I think. I'm honestly not sure if I find the love between Thranduil and Caladhel more touching, or the love between the Silvan elves and their King and new Queen. I'm actually inclined to say the latter, though the former is certainly lovely.
Thranduil doesn't lack a mischievous streak, does he? Faentor was certainly the right one to ask, though. He didn't seem to have any difficulty thinking up a way to rouse Roewen's possible ire on Thranduil. She may secretly grow to appreciate his interference, but I doubt she'll display it outwardly, and certainly not at first.
Beautiful chapter. Thanks for sharing and God bless!
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 41 . 4/17
Eeeee! So happy! I am glad they didn't beat around the bush too long. I wonder if Caladhel will follow Noldorin tradition and wait a year before getting married. She doesn't really seem to appreciate formalities all that much, and I don't know what benefit she'd see in waiting.
So far, I haven't needed the tissues. We'll see if things get more sad and emotional in part three. Thanks for sharing and God bless!
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 40 . 4/17
Roewen is a dear, and a rather wise one at that. I appreciate her concern, and no doubt Caladhel does too, even if Thranduil comes close to despising it. I do hope she hasn't been killed in this battle.
Galion is a good ellon. It is nice to know that Caladhel has his support too.
Ooooh, that is a welcome piece of news! I wonder at what cost, though. There doubtless will be one.
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 39 . 4/17
I am glad Tuven is becoming less of a toad. Iauron's little chat did him a world of good, I think. He may very well find a good friend in Caladhel, if he makes an effort to be kind.
Amariel is rather appreciable. I can have sympathy for her struggle, especially since she's willing to let it go, or at least put it aside until it has reason to be taken up again. I very much doubt Caladhel will give her cause to remember her grudge, and I pray they grow to be allies, if not close friends.
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 38 . 4/17
That mortal woman's advise was sound. Honestly, I quite enjoy embroidery, but I can see why others don't. It does make an excellent way to go unnoticed, though.
Poor Amroth. Being tasked with managing the disgruntled elven Lords doesn't sound all that fun. Politics is certainly a headache when it wants to be, and I feel his pain.
Honestly, that argument with Thranduil and Caladhel is slightly adorable. Interesting that she doesn't protest Celeborn's going. She probably grew up knowing he was a warrior and would go to battle, but she's hardly ignorant of Thranduil's situation either. I had just assumed from the get-go that Thranduil would be leading the attack. Still, I sympathise with Caladhel, and I hope the King's promise rings true.
Thanks for sharing and God bless.
ElvishKiwi's favourite sister chapter 37 . 4/17
Lady Gwendeth is a nice elleth. She's sensible and kind, but not entirely lacking in the enthusiasm that her daughter shows. I'm glad Caladhel will have ladies to look after her if she stays at Limrond.
Oh, Celeborn and Iordor didn't sit around and dilly-dally. I'm quite glad, and possibly a little cautious. Complications seem to be rampant in this story, and I'm not putting too much hope on them holding back.
Great chapter, as usual. Thanks for sharing and God bless!
Cashy7183980 chapter 57 . 4/15
Was hoping it wouldn't happen, but realized that's how you'll end her chapter the more I read. Also, mother's stars
Cashy7183980 chapter 48 . 4/15
Omg, I just love them so much
Cashy7183980 chapter 41 . 4/15
That was the most beautiful proposal ever
2,461 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »