Reviews for Unexpected Importance
Rina Dragonfly chapter 7 . 3/22
morty is gloomy just like ghost types are XD
AquilaTempestas chapter 7 . 3/12
Yay you updated! I’ve been waiting so long for another update and it was well worth the wait! Good to see Eusine again but my gosh, he’s turning into a bit of a douche bag. I suspect this will become a major plot point later on though – I look forward to seeing where you take him!

And it’s gym battle time! I liked you description of the gym. Your gym advisor sounds pretty cool to, he’s so laidback, lol. I like the fact you described how the gym battles work as well, that’s a detail most authors do not mention (like me!). Li Miao should go and catch a Geodude, lol. That’ll make her win easily ha ha.

Your Falkner – I like your portrayal of him even if he’s barely done anything yet. He’s like that cool, calm collected trainer yet is quite confident with his abilities. Anyway, looking forward to see how that battle turns out but I can’t imagine Chikorita is going to fare well against his birds.

Oh my gosh, it’s Morty! And the poor guy gets told to leave. Major burn. He might be the gym leader but the Kimono Girls hold more power than him, ha ha ha.

I look forward to your next chapter! Update when you have the chance! And there's no need to apologize - take all the time you need!

-Aquila
AquilaTempestas chapter 6 . 1/14
Oo yay, a rather quick update : )

I like the way you described Violet City. You have it a nice majestic feel. I’m looking forward to seeing what other Pokemon Li Miao is going to have on her team. Guess I’m gonna have to wait though. How long will the egg take to hatch in this story? A couple of chapters?

Back to the Kimono Girls. I always found Umbreon to be the hardest Eevee to defeat. I never had moves to counter-attack it effectively. Yay, more Eusine! Totally loving what you are doing with the guy here, I may just have to take some notes ;p. Somehow, Eusine harassing young girls seems fitting for some unexplainable reason.

Love the viewpoint of the Pokemon reflecting on its master, ha ha. I often wonder if the Pokemon are ever confused by the actions of humans. That was a cute moment there.

Ah, the Sprout Tower challenge is about to begin! Lol, I loved how she tried to get out of the battle! Wish we could’ve avoided battling all those damn Bellsprouts though. I also like reading about your Chikorita – I’m almost tempted to do a HeartGold run through with Chikorita as my lead. Also nice to see Li Miao isn’t a keen battler – that’s a nice change of pace from the usual.

Once again, nice description of the battle. Oh no, not Hypnosis! Gah, those attacks make me so mad, especially when they hit every single time. And that was a nice change of pace there too having Li Miao actually lose the battle against the Elder.

Anyways, looking forward to the next battle!

So curious to see how Li Miao handles herself against Falkner!

And also I want to say I am enjoying your OC immensely. I’m not usually a fan of OC’s, but you’ve made her very realistic and not at all Mary-Sueish. She’s not immensely powerful either having just lost to the Elder, so good on you for creating a fun OC :D

Bring on the next chapter!

I wonder who the special person is - is it... LANCE? That would make me so happy, ha ha ha.

AquilaTempestas chapter 5 . 1/10
Yay, another update! I’ve been waiting impatiently for the next one, lol. So it’s hot in Cherrygrove City – it seems fitting to make this place hot for some reason. I like the detail you put here – you brought it to life and described the city in a different way from the game which is a good thing! And ugh, that heat sounds terrible.

Is that Joey by any chance? The guy with the Rattata? I hope so. The guy is a legend. Lol. The boys are excited over a Gyarados? Poor Li – perhaps it wasn’t a good idea to approach them for help after all. *reads further* Well, at least they helped her, and yeah, I’m Caelum won against Falkner with a Gyarados on his side.

Okay, back over to the Kimono Girls. I still do love what you are doing with them, you make them so much more interesting than what they were in the games. And yay, Eusine! I totally agree with you – he should’ve had more of a role. He’s there and then he’s gone off the face off the earth. Interested in seeing where you take his character and how you develop him overtime.

Mr. Pokemon! And Professor Oak! Like the conversation between Oak and Li Miao about the Pokedex and the Pokemon she had seen caught already. I know what he means about missed opportunities – I only catch Pokemon I want for the Elite Four then catch the rest after. Ah, the egg! I guess the Togepi is going to be part of her final six?

Lol at the compliment Li Miao received from Mr. Pokemon. I wonder what Caelum is up to – sounds like he might be heading down a dangerous path. I look forward to seeing where you take him.

Anyways, great chapter!

I look forward to the next one!

And thanks for the mention : D

-AquilaTempestas
Seas and Shadows chapter 5 . 1/9
Dammit, just when I liked that jerkish idiotic, lousy, good for nothing... I'm rambling.

Let Euisine catch Suicune! Please!

Btw, after you beat Red, you can get a starter from both Hoenn and Kanto. IKR?
AquilaTempestas chapter 4 . 1/5
Sorry, late review!

Good to see a little more of the Kimono Girls!

Liked that part there with Caelum reflecting on his choice. As much as I like Cyndaquil, I always go for Totodile. Everytime I see the name Caelum, I think of Pokemon X and Y, lol.

Curious to see what Pokemon Li Miao has on her team. Are you going to include Platinum/Diamond/Pearl Pokemon, or just stick with the HG/SS ones?

Looking forward to the next chapter, keep up the good work!

Steph32297l chapter 4 . 1/3
Writing battles is so hard! I agree with you! This chapter is great! Keep it up!
Steph32297l chapter 3 . 12/31/2013
It's great so far! Keep going!
AquilaTempestas chapter 3 . 12/30/2013
Yay, an update!

I loved the battle description scene! It felt very real, and it was detailed quite well. I know from experience that writing battles can be a real pain, but you pulled it off well.

Had to laugh at the suggestions for Cyndaquil's nickname.

I do look forward to reading more, and I'm keen to see how this story differs from the plot.

AquilaTempestas chapter 2 . 12/30/2013
Sorry, late review.

Oo, so Li Miao has gone with a Chikorita. I've always wondered what a playthrough would be like with Chikorita and fortunately your story is gonna take me through that journey without me having to do, ha ha.

Not much more to say really as this felt like more of an introductory chapter, but you are improving! I'll be reading the next chapter asap.

Silver and Gold Angels chapter 2 . 12/28/2013
Hmmm... I guess it's time for me to... EXPRESS MY FEELINGS FOR THIS SHITTY STORY IN SONG!

Yo, Uh. Word. Adjective. Pronoun. Adverb.
Run on and on and on.
Where my gerunds at?
Parenthetical, uh.

Shit motherfucker ass tits cunt cock motherfucker shit ass tits motherfucker shit
Come on
Fickity-fuck fickity-fuck fickity-fuck fickity-fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Come on

You take some shit, put it up on the wall, check it out for a while.
You take that shit up off of the wall, put it down on the floor in a glass bowl.
You take some fuck, put it up on the wall where the shit used to be.
You take that fuck up off of the wall, put it down on the floor
with the shit in a glass bowl
What? Yo, here's another little piece of advice-vice

You take some fuck then some shit

It's a stack of fuck-shit on top of itself, nigga

I make references to weaponry
Ancient, on you
I wear bullet-proof vests for no apparent reason
other than to create a false sense of importance
of which I could never retain on my own.
I like to create a buffer memory of incredulity
So y'all motherfuckers could never get near to me.

I'm a cartoon character.
You'll never be able to be like me! (me me)

I like women
I like women
I like the concept of a woman
I like to take that concept and reduce it to an object
I like to take those objects and put 'em in my videos
Have them shake they jiggly bits so they looks like hoes

I like to take some car polish, smear it all over they asses
and buff that shit out so it looks like fresh peaches and shit.
I like to take some more of that car polish and smear it all over they tits
and buff that shit out so it looks all sparkly, like diamond necklaces and shit.

Why?

Cuz I'm a lady's man
a lady's man
a la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lady's man

I'm a materialist.
I'm a materialist.
I'll take a piece-of-shit car and I'll lower the motherfuckah;
Put some 18-inch rims on the motherfuckah;
Take some neon, put it underneath the motherfuckah
so when I roll around this town it looks like a hover (hover hover)

I like to take a flat-panel display monitor,
put one on the steering column,
one inside of the glovebox,
one on top of the dashboard,
two in back of the headrests,
one mounted in the ceiling,
two still in the motherfucking packaging, on the back seat
so when my motherfucking friends go and sit on the shit and break it (word?)
I can honestly say:

I. Just. Don't. Give. A. Fuck.

You take some fuck then some shit

Fuck shit, fuck shit,
Fuck shit, fuck shit
Wasabi chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
I will put it this way.

See if Gamefreak incorporated something like this into the story.
Scholar of Emeralds chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
I have to agree with you about Heartgold. It's a great game and Johto is probably the best Pokemon region thus far as far as mythology and layout go. It's definitely my favorite region.

As for your story, the premise appears to be headed in the standard OT direction. I'm interested in seeing how you go about weaving the Heartgold storyline and prophecy together. Also, I like your use of the Kimono Girls. I'll definitely read on to see how things unravel.
AquilaTempestas chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
The Kimono Girls are awesome! it was a bit of shame they didn't get more of a background story about them in the game. That darn Umbreon was a real pain to beat. The girls give me nightmares, lol. It's awesome to see them feature as well, I don't think I've ever come across a Pokemon story about the girls in a storyline like this, so kudos to you!

I like the way you brought them into it by their vision the girl will be the one. I also enjoyed your description of the egg test - I thought that was quite creative : )

Anyway, a great start to what I feel will be an awesome story! You've got a solid writing style, and I couldn't find any errors at all. It flows nicely, the dialogue feels natural and most importantly, you've got a good plot in the works. Question, will there be any pairings in this?

Keen to see more!