Reviews for How to Find the Light
Lifesgreywolves chapter 26 . 4/19
Hello! I've really enjoyed reading your story so far. I like how you kind of mashed a ton of Disney characters into this story, personally I think you couldn't have picked a better group of characters. I like how you've made the villains...whats the word?...um real-world like. As in they didn't seam like a fairy tail that came to life (like how the Stabbington brothers were murders and Mummy the abductor was insane). I also like how you added certain locations in the town, the snuggly duckling n' all that. I really like how you added in the supernatural but still kept it realistic, I imagine that must of been hard to do. :) But...but, but, but I really hate how Hiccup stutters. In the movies he only stutters when he's really nervous, and I know you said they might be a little OOC, it just...REALLY bugs me. Every once and a while, sure but every other word is a tad bit annoying to read. But on the bright side you've really mastered the stutter, and you have all the accents down pat, so bravo! Also I don't like how hiccup seams to be complaining a lot...it not entirely fair for me to say this but the why you write him he really does seam like a damsel in distress. I think Hiccup could hold his ground and fight a little better than you portrayed him, but its your story so do as you wish. :D I also think your putting a lot of your attention souly on Hiccup, while I love that about your story I also hate how you don't get to understand the other characters as well. I can tell your trying to fix that and its defiantly getting better, just keep trying! :) On that note I think it'd be a little more interesting if Jack had a power of some sort too. After all, besides Repunzel in the movies he was the only other one with powers. Maybe he could have a "danger sense", like tell when bad things will happen. Which would tie in with the orphanage and kids thing. It'd also make HiJack better because they can relate to each other, plus when you add the Bogie man in (thats the evil old spirit and the reason the shadows are going crazy right?) Jack can be of more help. I LOVE what your doing with this story its really good so far! Good luck with your story, and may your writers block be pinned to a wall with knives and becomes target practice for your ideas! :D
dragon congelado chapter 26 . 4/16
You need to keep going and finish the story! I really liked it! I understand that you can only work on this when you have time, but don't lose steam yet! You are more then capable and I know that you can do it.
bluesonicblast chapter 8 . 4/6
The Snuggly Duckling!
LittleWretchedJane chapter 26 . 2/21
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII did not realize you updated. That was a pleasant surprise _ I feel you, bro, school is killing me. I haven't written anything.

Anyways, I am glad the new (ish) chapter is up! Fluff is always okay, although some more emotionally taxing and vaguely life threatening experiences seem to be in this fics near future. The next major character arc is going to be Merida's, right? There are so many possibilities. So many supernatural creatures that can cause emotional and bodily harm. So many opportunities to make the peanut gallery fear for the well being of our cast and crew. It depends on how far you're going to go into "magic" aspect of it, though, like if only ghosts exist or do really fucking creepy creatures live in the lake and try to drown people, is there the shadowy residue of a demon that likes to lock people in the attic, do the will o' the wisps actually try to get people lost in the woods, blah blah blah. There's tons of different coolio arcs you can throw in there. I'm excited for Jack's POV coming up, I've got to re-read this to catch up on where those two nerds are at in their relationship. Ah, yes, the realization of the feelings will strike soon. It has begun.

Can't wait for your next chapter! Chill, take your time, have the sort of maniacal fun authors get to have while writing. You get to throw Hic and Jack into disastrous peril! If you get stuck or stressed about it, PM me. And also fuck school.

Love,
Jane
HoneyBeeez chapter 26 . 2/2
THAT ENDING THOUGH. I WOULD HAVE MISSED IT IF I DIDN'T LOOK BACK. UGHERS.
anyways, this is still really awesome! I love the short-winded explanation, and I LOVE THE FACT THAT JACK FEELS THE NEED TO HELP HICCUP? ITS SO GREAT1! I just love this whole thing!
the freaking shadows though. mmmmmmmmmm! Go Toothless! anyways, yeah, thanks for writing!
Valledorthedragon chapter 26 . 1/19
Awwww that was cute I love it when it's just innocent cuteness loving this whole story as always and can't wait for more! What'll happen next? What ghost will appear? When will Merida find out? When will Pitch make his move? So exciting! I can't wait
OrangeCat chapter 26 . 1/18
I haven't felt myself sucked into a story like that in a long time. In other words, this story is so well written that I am captivated. Between school and other things, I spend pretty much all of my free time reading this. It is so amazing and the best written for a ghost alternate universe. I also really enjoy have the only actual love relationship is Rapunzel and Flynn, and how everyone else is just a big group of friends. Anyway, I have found this story pretty relatable (for some things, like being owned by your cat, definitely true), fun and just overall, one of the greatest fanfictions in the history of everything. Also, I normally cringe when I see bad grammar or spelling but you have next to none (only one every few chapters, maybe) but is otherwise flawless. Thank you so much for writing and I look forward to where this story goes. Absolutely wonderful, I love it. Thank you!
jessLpfy chapter 26 . 1/14
When starting a fan-fic, if it is not completed, I follow it and after I finish a fan-fic a favorite it. This story however is going to get a favorite now anyways. The Plot is spectacular and I love what you are doing with the characters individual stories. The little tid bit where you made the Stabbington brothers be the murders of Caleb (think I remembered the name right) and how that intertwined with Flynn's story, and how you intertwined the Disney version of Tangled (Repunzel and Gothel's story) into the modern version was brilliant. I loved that Gothel was able to move on and where Hiccup asked his little favor it was just so touching. Also I liked that Flynn did just go with the ghost thing, (not saying in the future he shouldn't) but it adds to the story that and makes it better that he didn't. Dagur's part in the story is just wonderful (not that I am some creep the enjoys reading about crazy people throwing knifes) but you captured his character well and I can not wait to see what happens between him and Hiccup. Can not wait, also, to get into the others stories and see how well they deal with the fact about Hiccup seeing ghost, along with how the relationship between Hiccup and his father progress. Bringing up the father I enjoyed the part of the story where Stoick goes into Hiccups room to check up on him and his leg (looking forward to see the story behind the leg since you have done a great job on some of the other touchy-feely stories, like Jack's first hair die story or bringing up Hiccups mom by the lake though we dont know the whole story behind that yet). The relationship between Jack and Hiccup, you said you were trying to do a HIJACK, is going great. It is not rushed and you are slowly bringing them together which I think is great because you can really see them coming together and how they themselves are realizing how much they care for each other. Pitch in your story is beautiful, I know there is going to be a great arc to come ahead. I also like how the Frost's parents are helping Hiccup and I know I am going to have some hard core feels when they cross over. Didn't mention Toothless yet and I am just going to say again that I love what you done for him as a character, how he helps Hiccup with his ghost adventures as well as support him emotionally. Lastly Guy, I am a big fan of seeing him pop up in fics that involve the big four, he just goes real well with the characters, so kudos to you. With all my rambling aside you have written 26 amazing chapters and I know that this is just the tip because there is so much more to be covered (at least I am hoping). Please keep up the good work and dont let the writers block or have to stay away form the story for a little bit because of school ever stop you from finishing this story because you are doing a fantastic job and this is a story that needs to be finished. :)
Spottedmask12 chapter 26 . 1/13
Great story so far. Please update soon
kitty.0 chapter 26 . 1/11
I figured that the reason we weren't seeing you was because of school. I don't blame you for wanting to take a break from it for a while!

I recently reread this story, because I wanted to make sure that I didn't forget anything and also because I love this story so much and kind of missed it a little bit, and it is still so great. I realized while I was rereading (and I don't know if I noticed it last time) that, if Jack and his sister get adopted by North, wouldn't their parents cross over? I mean, they could probably stay to help Hiccup out, but their kids would be taken care of and relatively safe.

I really like that Jack knew how to patch Hiccup up. It makes sense that he would need to learn how to take care of all of those kids.
faisyah865 chapter 26 . 1/9
HiJack moment! TvT I LOVE THIS CHAPTER! *turns a billion lights on* PITCH DON'T YOU DARE COME NEAR HICCUP! JACK! COME QUICK!
animelovernewbie chapter 26 . 1/8
Awww! Hiccup's so cute when he stutters! I wonder if Dagur will try anything in the next chapter. :) Can't wait for your next update!
Nyx811 chapter 25 . 12/31/2014
update soon please
WEast chapter 25 . 12/15/2014
Yay, good for Gothel, moving on. At least she figured it out in the end. Looking forward to reading more, when you get the chance!
WEast chapter 21 . 12/14/2014
Wow, this is getting so interesting. What does Gothel mean about Rapunzel being her flower in this story? (As opposed to in the actual movie) Are all the characters living second lives, except for Gothel because she died? What is going on? I don't know! ... But I can't wait to find out.
Yay for Caleb moving on!