Reviews for The Victors Project
WizMonCruWil chapter 44 . 10/30/2021
HOT and sexy! At last, a lesbian Victor! The subterfuge in the fighting ring was so bloody and dramatic!

And Jade is back. She'd be about twelve here, eligible for her first Reaping and being groomed in the DAEYD.
WizMonCruWil chapter 43 . 10/30/2021
The most inventive arena yet: a maximum security prison. It would have been so wicked to have the prison in question be set on Alcatraz Island, in case any tributes escaped the jailhouse!

Having read Lumberjack and the Tree Elf, I know what Eamon is like and how he tried to game the system. But I find myself pondering how it would have been if Eamon hadn't been such a narcissist and double-crosser. Having four male Victors to possibly be Reaped for the 3rd Quarter Quell would have been interesting. Obviously, later as an Avox, Eamon would have likely been executed long before then, but still...
WizMonCruWil chapter 42 . 10/30/2021
Ares: the god of War. A fitting name for a District 2 Victor... Yet he is compelling because he doesn't buy into the killing. He is just as haunted by his deeds in the arena as most other Victors are. A Career with a conscience...
WizMonCruWil chapter 41 . 10/30/2021
A true Career turned traitor, helping an outlander develop something we've never seen before: an anti-Career pack! Many fans have wondered how the Games would have played if the outsider tributes had banded together to take down the Careers. I imagine that whatever drugs they pumped Nolan with not only reeducated him from seditious thoughts, but also I'm sure the Capitol would have taken steps to make sure that no other non-Career tributes got such a revolutionary idea again...
WizMonCruWil chapter 40 . 10/30/2021
My sides hurt from laughing so hard at this chapter. Dido is pretty much what happens if you took Harley Quinn and threw her into a Hunger Games arena!
WizMonCruWil chapter 39 . 10/30/2021
A Victor trying to make a break for it. Overturned carriages... my God! Luster truly is evil.

I howled with laughter at how you introduced us to a young Jade! She sure was as precocious as ever, even at only seven!
WizMonCruWil chapter 38 . 10/30/2021
Do you think Bartimaeus would have returned home and married Viola once finally working up the nerve to speak to her? I would have wanted him to find love, and have someone love him back.
WizMonCruWil chapter 37 . 10/30/2021
Mags meeting with the disguised Snow in a seedy bar on the edge of a mutt fighting ring had a certain Star Wars-esque ring to it. The way you create imagery with your prose is just that strong!

Mags sells her soul to create a Career camp...
WizMonCruWil chapter 36 . 10/30/2021
The plot thickens... a story of intrigue and suspense that takes us far afield and drops us into a quasi-Western to look for clues.

Also, Bovina just casually hang-gliding off the Remake Center was SENDING me!
WizMonCruWil chapter 48 . 10/30/2021
I remember being so frustrated when I somehow completely forgot that Brilliance was a boy instead of a girl! I've used your universe in some of my stories and I had to go back and make a few adjustments because of it.

It must be hard to find new, fresh arena ideas, since you re-used Thisbe's setting for this Games here. But it would have been nice to set Brilliance up in, I don't know, a cemetery. A true walk among the tombstones.
WizMonCruWil chapter 47 . 10/30/2021
Poor Matty... so sneaky and so resentful because no one gave him the time of day. His colleagues must have figured he didn't really earn it, that his Victory was just handed to him. But no one could say he wasn't smart and devious. Truly evil to want to kill Katniss just to save his own skin.

But, like another District 5 tribute (the one he mentored, Foxface), Matthias got outsmarted by another, smarter tribute. A smarter Victor.
WizMonCruWil chapter 52 . 10/30/2021
I can see Tigellinus and Antigone both kinda going 'OK, not a dude,' like that one guy did in Pitch Perfect! There was something very Darth Maul - Sith like about seeing Lyme slog through the Institute and the Trials. Maybe because the training of Careers under Boudicca seems so dark.
WizMonCruWil chapter 51 . 10/30/2021
How did you get even blurbs of backstory for all 48 tributes from this Quell? An interesting approach. Sometimes it seems like we know all there is to know about Haymitch's past, but I think I would have also liked a chapter delving into his early years as a mentor, or even his childhood growing up in the Seam.
WizMonCruWil chapter 50 . 10/30/2021
You make Plutarch extremely unlikeable in this. I don't even think Plutarch as Phillip Seymour Hoffman played him in the movies would have been this two-faced, especially against people he supposedly fought alongside. It was so delicious to watch Bovina kicking Coin around, and I think Jade really was telling the truth about being a rebel.

The shoot-out in the Training Center! Good grief, was that amazing!
WizMonCruWil chapter 56 . 10/30/2021
I imagine that Victors of the same gender who won for the same district would sometimes have a special bond, like what we will see with Blight and Connor. Do you think Chevy would have taken a special interest in trying to guide Mitt after getting him out of the arena?
2,032 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »