Reviews for The Victors Project
WizMonCruWil chapter 29 . 10/30/2021
You forgot, District had 6 had one in the Top Three, during the Twentieth. Chevy is one of my favorites because a train yard arena just sounds so dope! Your touch on Capitol culture and film with Jumper was my favorite aspect of it!

How would Chevy have taken it if, years later, he discovered that his entire Victory was rigged? It's bad enough that he has to be sedated each year just to get on the train to mentor. He is not quite a morphling, we know that. It would have been interesting to watch him mentor kids as the only District 6 Victor not high off of drugs. The only competent mentor. Probably for the best that he stayed on the outside during the Quell.
WizMonCruWil chapter 28 . 10/30/2021
Is it possible that Boudicca is in love with Justus? Granted, she doesn't seem like the kind of woman who has any romantic love in her, but I think maybe she does have feelings for Justus in that way... The decade or so age difference wouldn't even matter that much...
WizMonCruWil chapter 27 . 10/30/2021
And Emrys Avery becomes Gates Gramdan's heir: another Gamemaker Victor! Again, the way you touch on perspectives of the Games from every angle is so amazing!
WizMonCruWil chapter 26 . 10/30/2021
Cool to see you write about a district watching a Games in which the eventual Victor is not one of their own. A single mistake and Rick Nulty's life backslides into a horrible, sad existence. You don't ever get what you want from revenge. If anything, you still lose. Rick lost what he tried to protect anyway.

Eli would have been a good Victor. Have another male Victor from 10 to later curb Roan's hotheaded tendencies.
WizMonCruWil chapter 25 . 10/30/2021
Do you think Virtus raping that girl in his arena would have been the first seed planted that leads him to eventually think that maybe the Hunger Games system isn't better than war? But not yet, not yet... he actually kills two civilians here. If anything, this at least plants the seed in the Capitol to get a District 6 Victor by any means necessary...
WizMonCruWil chapter 24 . 10/30/2021
I would argue that District 6 had just as much right to be angry as District 5 does about still not having a Victor yet. After all, Five won't have to wait much longer...

After all, to think Wheaton had to wait 19 YEARS to get a Victor - the Haymitch of his day. I wonder how old Evelyn is. At most, she would be 70 in the Quell, if she won at 18. Certainly a grandma.
WizMonCruWil chapter 23 . 10/30/2021
Interesting that you made these three cousins. Honorius and Virtus Manchetti could have been brothers, with the same surname. As a multiple myself, I can appreciate a little quasi-triplet humor!
WizMonCruWil chapter 22 . 10/30/2021
Isn't it interesting that District 4 is the only district to have evenly balanced number of Victors across gender lines? 10 Victors total - 5 boys, 5 girls. Even when the Quell was announced it was still balanced, with Seaward and now Thisbe dead.

And it's starting... Snow's rise to power...
WizMonCruWil chapter 21 . 10/30/2021
Oh, my god... if that Career from 1 hadn't been keeping such careful track, he and Wren would have killed each other and handed District 6 their first ever win! I know District 11 needed their first female Victor, but come on! District 6 just can't catch a break!
WizMonCruWil chapter 20 . 10/30/2021
Would it have killed you to make Gale and Johanna's shagging in the sand just a LITTLE more explicit? Give us the smut, damnit! I want to see Johanna melt into a mewling kitten as Gale gives it to her good and rough!
WizMonCruWil chapter 19 . 10/30/2021
Granyte, the rogue volunteer. His conversation with Boudicca... I get goosebumps! Every time! Again, so Sith-like, Darth Sidious and Darth Maul. Master and apprentice, ready to burn the world.
WizMonCruWil chapter 18 . 10/30/2021
When Bouddica just marches in and takes of the Institute, commands Peacekeepers to gun down the cadets in the pit... I just thought of a female Darth Vader marching into the Jedi Temple with Stormtroopers at her back! Chilling.
WizMonCruWil chapter 17 . 10/30/2021
Gates really was the first tribute to become his own little Gamemaker, and he won't be the last. He likely, inadvertently, showed the Gamemakers how to step up their tactics. Tragedy what happened to him...
WizMonCruWil chapter 44 . 10/30/2021
HOT and sexy! At last, a lesbian Victor! The subterfuge in the fighting ring was so bloody and dramatic!

And Jade is back. She'd be about twelve here, eligible for her first Reaping and being groomed in the DAEYD.
WizMonCruWil chapter 43 . 10/30/2021
The most inventive arena yet: a maximum security prison. It would have been so wicked to have the prison in question be set on Alcatraz Island, in case any tributes escaped the jailhouse!

Having read Lumberjack and the Tree Elf, I know what Eamon is like and how he tried to game the system. But I find myself pondering how it would have been if Eamon hadn't been such a narcissist and double-crosser. Having four male Victors to possibly be Reaped for the 3rd Quarter Quell would have been interesting. Obviously, later as an Avox, Eamon would have likely been executed long before then, but still...
2,060 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »