Reviews for The Victors Project
Mercoorio chapter 9 . 1/13/2014
This new project is really good. I liked that the chapters are not all in the same structure.
Lightning at Noon chapter 9 . 1/12/2014
I really like how you went about writing this and all the different characters
LeonPianta chapter 8 . 1/10/2014
At this point I'm just wondering how you mastered so many ways of toying with my emotions.
I really dig this current people PoV, it works well, especially for someone who's mind is probably less interesting, like Jules. But hella I totally remember him from canon *high fives*
Good night amigo -Don
LeonPianta chapter 7 . 1/10/2014
This chapter, hopy shet. Not only do I feel bad for Tiberius, being brought up such that he'd kill someone, but Ahenobarbus' reaction? My heart is broken D;
A plus writing as always, my good author. -Don
arients chapter 6 . 1/7/2014
Ha! In his face! Go Platinum!
mintjellyfish chapter 6 . 1/6/2014
Love Platinum's (and Luxe's) name. A flooded Arena filled with aquatic muttations? I would've surely died in the Fifth Games. A Victor-Tribute connection, possibly romantic, was interesting. Too bad Ruby died. Good thing Luxe and Platinum was able to form a friendship, no matter how passive-aggressive it is.
LeonPianta chapter 6 . 1/5/2014
If the capitol thinks this is the most interesting games yet, they are, so right. Platinum's definitely an interesting type, and it sounds like we have our first actor! This was a great read. I have to say, I'm a little sad he didn't find the 2M, but certainly in 69 more Games we'll have plenty of opportunity.
Thanks for the chapter! -Don
spacebee3 chapter 6 . 1/5/2014
another great chapter, can't wait to see more!
Kiliflower chapter 5 . 1/4/2014
I am loving this, the the untold stories of Victors we never knew the names of are just so fascinating to me so naturally, I'm addicted to this! Please update ASAP! :)
arients chapter 5 . 1/2/2014
This is really good. Keep it up!
mintjellyfish chapter 5 . 1/1/2014
So I just read all five chapters in one sitting.

Oisin, you're my author-crush. I'm also extremely envious of you, but that is besides the point. :D

I just don't know where to start or what to say except, gah! You serve us so much in these chapters. From murderous husband who teaches his brainwashed son with twisted fatherly guidance to privileged artist with a superficial mother to simple-minded urban legend Victor to the Tribute who started volunteering, interviews, and the sexy angle. And we're only four Victors in! A quick review of the chapters:

-It was deeply disturbing reading Ahenobarbus's Games; I wasn't certain I wanted to continue on. His inner monologue and actions made me dislike him, but in reality, he's still "a piece in their Games", if not more so than any other Victor. He was the first. He had to set a standard. He is bound by the Capitol, District Two, and his father. I love his name, btw. It's so wordy (six syllables) and sounds terrifying. It makes you stop reading in order to mentally pronounce it all. Reminds me of Enobaria's name. Perhaps they're related?
-Luxe's chapter was very soap-operay, a welcomed change from the brutality of the first. It was humorous and sad to see Mrs. St. James so wrapped up in this preconceived notion of their image garnering them safety. Was it truly an accident that Luxe's name was in there? While she cares deeply about her son, she hardly knows how to comfort him, wanting to flee the scene when she sees what he now is.
-Orchus's is by far my favorite. He is like those dead celebrities you always hear rumors about still living. Such a great way to tie in Rue and Katniss in the story too. Though I don't understand how District Eleven folk didn't know who he was. The district is huge, but how could you overlook such a large man who helped in the orchards?
-Wheaton was doomed from the start. He brought upon far too much attention. He is probably the first prostituted Victor. No good deed goes unpunished.

As I've said before, your world-building is fantastic. Capitol Games Network, a clever spin on ESPN. Fanboys of the Hunger Games as if it's a true sport. Hunger Games products. The aftermath of The Dark Days. Both the districts and the Capitol acclimating to the new Panem they live in. Brilliant! Now I'm going to end this review because I'm rambling. It ended up being far longer than I imagined. Happy writing!
mintjellyfish chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
Why am I just seeing this?! I feel so left in the dark. Damn you Oisin...

I'll leave a real review once I read the first chapter. Until then, I'm so excited about this! I'm always for more world building, and The Hunger Games series is in dire need of it. Which makes it fun for fanfic authors. More creative freedom for us, less work for Suzanne Collins. Everyone wins!

(By the way, I giggled when you referred to your previous works as 'novels'. Not to be disrespectful of course, I've never thought of fanfictions as novels. Some are certainly on the same length and caliber as them.)
LeonPianta chapter 5 . 12/31/2013
This was a really amusing chapter THAT TOOK AN AWFUL, AWFUL TURN? FEELINGS?
Ooh, I hope our next Victor is a girl. About time we had some of that equality and awesomeness.
Thanks for the chapter! -Don
LeonPianta chapter 4 . 12/31/2013
TALK ABOUT FEELINGS, MAN. THIS CHAPTER MADE ME SAD, ESPECIALLY THERE AT THE END. But Orchus seemed such an interesting fellow. Shame this is all he has.
Ah man, only one more chapter! But no worries man, do not rush to write :P Enjoy it! -Don
LeonPianta chapter 3 . 12/31/2013
Oh dear I keEP HaViNG, fEeLiNgs, Oisin why are you doing this to me. Augh I just want to pat Luxe and tell him it will be okay
-Don