Reviews for The Victors Project
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 42 . 2/22
Hayden Christensen as Ares Valerio. It would be cool to see him as a Career grappling with the guilt of murder. Sort of like giving us a remorseful Anakin. Plus, in the bar scene with Berenice, he and the Manchettis getting into a philosophical debate about the Capitol would be cool!
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 41 . 2/22
Nolan is tapping into a strain of populism here. It’s dangerous, and the Capitol sees that it’s dangerous….
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 40 . 2/22
Helena Bonham Carter as Dido. I’d tap Margot Robbie as a back-up for this role, too.
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 39 . 2/22
Kevin Spacey to cameo as Wonder’s rich…. patron, Aquilia Mint. Lord knows he would play the part to a T, being a serial rapist and sexual predator!
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 35 . 2/22
Rachel Zegler as Elena! She would be absolutely born to be the Sazi girl falling in love with the white Settler! Yes, West Side Story influenced this casting, but absolutely not in a bad way!
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 29 . 2/22
I wonder…. Could John C. Reilly play a grown-up Chevy? I just think Chevy would look dapper in a bowler hat! After all, John C. Reilly was in consideration to play Haymitch before Woody Harrelson was cast!
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 28 . 2/22
Ewan McGregor as Justus. Because watching him battle as a villain in the ending action scenes would be WICKED! For those of us wondering what an Obi-Wan Kenobi on the dark side would look like…. Well, there would be the answer.
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 27 . 2/22
For an older Emrys Avery now - an OLDER one - I would probably cast either Kevin Costner or Pierce Brosnan.
CaliforniaTexasNorthCarolina chapter 26 . 2/22
I just read an interesting article in which a mother describes how her pre-teen son was stuck next to a Trumpanzee for hours on a flight. The son said later that this hopelessly socially impaired woman treated politics like it was some sort of game. I think the same can be said of Rick Nulty here. He is treating the lives of his neighbor’s children as some sort of game, in an exactly identical way that the Capitol does to children across the entire nation, year after year. The difference, of course, is that Rick wakes up… a little bit too late. It’s all fine for someone to say ‘Not my kid. Not my kid.’ Until it is your kid. And even if it never is, it’s always someone’s kid. The Games are not just one person’s problem. It’s everyone’s problem. Not enough people work up to how much the 1st Quarter Quell was driving that point home. Everyone was willing to put someone else’s kid on the stage ahead of their own - Rick is one of the few who recognized that for what it is. Your personal choices affect untold numbers of people.
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 23 . 2/22
I’d like to see Mark Hammil as Honorius, because I think he would really connect with how the character has a moment of doubt/questioning later on. Although now that I think on it, given Hammil’s affiliation for voice work as villain, just as strong a claim could be made to have him play Justus. Heh, I prefer him as Honorius.
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 22 . 2/22
Juliette Lewis as Thisbe.
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 18 . 2/22
Here’s a bold choice for Boudicca that no one has ever thought about: Emma Thompson! Really, I would like to see her try her hand at being evil!
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 16 . 2/22
I think Sally Field should be Vera. At least for sequences when we get to the era of The Lumberjack and the Tree Elf.
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 15 . 2/22
You leave it deliberately vague, but…. what was REALLY going on between Silk and Luxe? Was there something more intimate about their relationship? It’s one of the few stones you didn’t un-turn with this story, but I think there might be something to be said about a mentor falling in love with his/her own tribute. Something romantic like that would have been quite spicy!
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 13 . 2/22
Betty White as Bovina. Although, are we allowed to cast actors who have already passed? I suppose we can, since this is merely fantasy casting…. I was so MAD that she missed her 100th birthday by two and a half WEEKS!
2,033 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »