Reviews for The Victors Project
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 28 . 2/22
Ewan McGregor as Justus. Because watching him battle as a villain in the ending action scenes would be WICKED! For those of us wondering what an Obi-Wan Kenobi on the dark side would look like…. Well, there would be the answer.
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 27 . 2/22
For an older Emrys Avery now - an OLDER one - I would probably cast either Kevin Costner or Pierce Brosnan.
CaliforniaTexasNorthCarolina chapter 26 . 2/22
I just read an interesting article in which a mother describes how her pre-teen son was stuck next to a Trumpanzee for hours on a flight. The son said later that this hopelessly socially impaired woman treated politics like it was some sort of game. I think the same can be said of Rick Nulty here. He is treating the lives of his neighbor’s children as some sort of game, in an exactly identical way that the Capitol does to children across the entire nation, year after year. The difference, of course, is that Rick wakes up… a little bit too late. It’s all fine for someone to say ‘Not my kid. Not my kid.’ Until it is your kid. And even if it never is, it’s always someone’s kid. The Games are not just one person’s problem. It’s everyone’s problem. Not enough people work up to how much the 1st Quarter Quell was driving that point home. Everyone was willing to put someone else’s kid on the stage ahead of their own - Rick is one of the few who recognized that for what it is. Your personal choices affect untold numbers of people.
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 23 . 2/22
I’d like to see Mark Hammil as Honorius, because I think he would really connect with how the character has a moment of doubt/questioning later on. Although now that I think on it, given Hammil’s affiliation for voice work as villain, just as strong a claim could be made to have him play Justus. Heh, I prefer him as Honorius.
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 22 . 2/22
Juliette Lewis as Thisbe.
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 18 . 2/22
Here’s a bold choice for Boudicca that no one has ever thought about: Emma Thompson! Really, I would like to see her try her hand at being evil!
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 16 . 2/22
I think Sally Field should be Vera. At least for sequences when we get to the era of The Lumberjack and the Tree Elf.
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 15 . 2/22
You leave it deliberately vague, but…. what was REALLY going on between Silk and Luxe? Was there something more intimate about their relationship? It’s one of the few stones you didn’t un-turn with this story, but I think there might be something to be said about a mentor falling in love with his/her own tribute. Something romantic like that would have been quite spicy!
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 13 . 2/22
Betty White as Bovina. Although, are we allowed to cast actors who have already passed? I suppose we can, since this is merely fantasy casting…. I was so MAD that she missed her 100th birthday by two and a half WEEKS!
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 12 . 2/22
I think Meryl Streep should actually be Mags. Someone earlier floated her as a possible Boudicca, but, eh…
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 5 . 2/22
Max Theriot as Wheaton. He has that rugged look and type about him.
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 36 . 2/19
I wonder if District 3 Victors, like Gates and Beetee, would have later been invited to lecture at Capitol universities. And given how he won, perhaps even Emrys Avery of District 5, as well. I am sure folks who were studying to be Gamemakers would have learned a lot from these champions.
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 38 . 2/19
I had nightmares about Honey, I Shrunk the Kids when I was little, so... [gulp] ... thanks for dropping that concept into the Hunger Games, I guess...
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 57 . 2/19
No one has cast Connor Murphy yet. I think Tom Holland would actually be a fine choice for the role. Someone further down mentioned Andrew Garfield for Blight in a review. Considering the excellent chemistry between Holland and Garfield in Spider-Man: No Way Home, I would love to see them share the screen again as mentor and tribute!
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 4 . 2/19
OK, in the chapter two previous - this is exactly what I'm talking about. When you write about Ahenobarbus having his district partner for a shag in the catacombs below the arena, why not draw out the smut and make it more explicit? I think that would have had a more chilling effect, foreshadowing the physically violent Ahenobarbus who will define the Games and all Victors whom come after him.
2,042 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »