Reviews for The Victors Project
The PLOTTING
This is really well-written, especially the details about Nine and One.
statetech0 chapter 30 . 1/27
Timotheé Chalamet as Ben Cooper! And Liam Neeson to play an older version of him by the time he comes out of retirement to coach Abram!
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 8 . 1/27
Patrick Stewart should be an older Jules!
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 3 . 1/27
Alex Pettyfer as Luxe!
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 2 . 1/27
I think it would be cool to cast Joaquin Phoenix as President Lucius. Give it a Gladiator undertone. And maybe give the 1st President of Panem a first name. Like, say... Commodus?
SEEDER!
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 26 . 1/26
Has anyone considered Helen Hunt as Cora? I think that would be a strong choice. Also, for the smaller part of Rick Nulty... let's do something different and have Ed O'Neill (Modern Family) take on a serious role.
statetech0 chapter 17 . 1/26
Michael J. Fox would be my choice for Gates Gramdan.
statetech0 chapter 4 . 1/26
Again, casting Orchus is going to be made very difficult. Not only do you have racial factors to consider, but there is also a neuroatypical factor. When people think black and mentally challenged in film, all anyone sees is Cuba Gooding Jr. in 2003's Radio. Now, that was made in a very different time, as was I Am Sam with Sean Penn - both instances of neurotypical people playing someone with needs. I think here, you would want to find someone who is African American and truly on the Spectrum to play Orchus.
Red Sting chapter 63 . 1/20
Why do I feel like Enobaria and Hal might have gotten along...perhaps it's just the thought of another victor/victor romance, and between two very different Careers to boot...but it kind of piques my curiosity. I think the story you set up with her and the guy from 11 was cool and fit her personality well, I think I just want to see what Hal would have been like around other victors too.
Red Sting chapter 50 . 1/18
For any characters who appear in the movies, I gennnnerally would just go with their actors who were shown there.

Actually you know what? Ahenobarbus reminds me a little of Haymitch in a way. They both have a bit of that confident, cynical but high standard sort of carrying, and a dry, dark sense of humour. Both have a somewhat spiteful side though obviously Ahenobarbus’ goes much further. I presume they must have met on the Victory Tour, and perhaps a couple of times after that? Also, if Ahenobarbus admired Gates’ intelligence and creativity, perhaps it’s even more likely he may have thought the same of Haymitch. This is ignoring the contradiction of him being said to still be in good health in Cecilias story but an ‘exhausted, reclusive arthritis ridden ghost’ in Enobarias.

And while we’re at it, thinking back to the older victors, oddly they match with some other Marvel actors: Tom Hiddleston as Gleam, Natalie Portman as Vera, Chris Evans as Mannanan?
statetech0 chapter 61 . 1/18
I fully endorse Garrett Hedlund as Phoebus.

Blight, on the other hand, present a bit of a problem. Diversity of casting demands that he be played by a gay actor, although Hollywood has been falling down on that (note Jake Gyllenhall’s casting as Bruce in an upcoming film adaptation of Fun Home). Casting appropriation is a very complicated matter.

Still, and I can’t believe I’m going against what I just laid out above…. I would tap Andrew Garfield as Blight. He has the look, and the acting chops playing Jonathan Larson in Tick, Tick Boom, to pull off Blight’s arrogant swagger.

On an aside note… cameo casting: Elton John as an older Martinus Spickle. He has the paunch and flamboyance for it, although there wouldn’t be any singing required.
statetech0 chapter 67 . 1/18
Ming-Na Wen (Mulan, The Book of Boba Fett) as Song. She has the fierceness and beauty required, but could also be soft.

Looking ahead, let’s go with a bold choice: Ariana Grande as Berenice.
Red Sting chapter 51 . 1/17
Excluding the characters we see in the movies, perhaps:

-young dark haired Jude Law as Eamon Sullivan
-Teresa Palmer as Silk Seville
-young(er) Zoe Kravitz as Cotton
-Garrett Hedlund as Phoebus
-Kate Winslet as Jade (I actually really like this one)
-young Hugo Weaving as Ahenobarbus? Not certain on this one

I never noticed any mention of Cora’s ethnicity so I suppose Eva Green is out, my mistake.
statetech0 chapter 58 . 1/17
I would peg Zoey Deutch as an attractive Cecelia Rheys!
2,044 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »