Reviews for Weight of the World
liberal4peace chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Sad!
marblesharp chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Man, this is deep. And so well-written. I love your portrayal of Finnick as well as his and Annie's relationship. Nice work!
bye123456789 chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Okay so when I saw in the summary that it was a Finnick-centric thing I was like "ok Irma click away Irma you know what happens in Finnick fics Irma IRMA CLICK AWAY"
Oops I should listen to myself more often
;-;
Seriously Johanna uck this was beautiful and heartbreaking ack
Some little nitpicky things: Finnick was Reaped? Kind of unlikely imo, since D4 is a Career district and they should have volunteers or something. Also there is no Johanna (Mason) in this fic. /squinty eyed judging/ no jk
Excellent overall ;-;
Estoma chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
Wow, where to start? Thanks very much, Johanna, for this lovely christmas gift. I absolutely love that you've used 100 word drabbles, and 20 of them is quite an effort! Much more challenging than simply writing a 2000 word oneshot.

The shifts between tense and style make it a really interesting piece. It shows the piece growing, changing, and adds an extra dimension of interest. It's a nice touch.

What can I say? I love Finnick/Annie! They make up my favourite canon pairing, and I can never read too much of them! Thanks for writing my requested pairing, and also, for covering the prompts so well. I can really see the 'district culture' in 18, with the wedding dresses in District 4 being white like sea foam, as well as white for purity. I think that was a lovely touch! And of course, you covered the victor prostitution and 'first time' (and I didn't expect anyone to write me M rated, so T is lovely).

There's a nice mix of dialogue and text. For example, a good contrast between 17 which is filled with lovely, realistic dialogue, and 18, which has none. You write Annie perfectly! Her dialogue is simple, innocent, and helps build a lovely picture of her, perhaps even more than your well placed descriptions do.

I really enjoyed the little bits about school that started in 3 and popped up again in 7. When you mention the things he learnt, and that he thinks he should add a third (and then a fourth for extra credit), you hark back to the fact that Finnick is a child. Really, still a child, not like the eighteen year old career victors that I so like to write about. It's a really clever way to remind us, and also, takes me back to my school days and makes Finnick so much more identifiable.

You make this feel uniquely District 4 by harking back to the ocean, with the end of the world, the storms, etc, which I just loved.

Now, if I had to pinpoint one of my favourite lines, I think I would take this one: [She had enough light in her to to turn these fading people into something wonderful.] It's lovely how it says so much about Annie, and so much about about District 13 at the same time.

Really, just a wonderful job! I absolutely love it, and it's a fantastic christmas present. Thanks, Johanna.

Cheers.
bronc chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
/dies
I love this.
Stop hurting me with these simple words.
just every little word.
I thought you would never hurt me.
I love Finnick even more now. I could never compare to this, it's seriously perfect.