Reviews for Mark of an Ancestor
Sora G. Strife chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
No, that is impossible to me.

Ramza can be Cloud's ancestor, not the other way around.

Medieval time, then to the world of Shinra, right?

And besides, I know for a fact that Cloud didn't settle down in Ivalice and marry the flowergirl/Aerith there, he'll want it to be the original.

But, that is an interesting theory. I commend you on that.
Northlane chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
That is an interesting theory, but when I was reading it, I almost thought that Ramza was the reincarnation of Zack. Call me crazy, but that's what I thought, despite the numerous differences.

I do see a likeness between Cloud and Ramza though.

Good work!
VGuyver chapter 1 . 7/30/2004
_ I enjoyed this greatly, and yes they do have a simular likeliness. Though I never recalled Ramza ordering people around in a march. He's not that type of leader as the game hints. Anyway, the rest is pretty dead on and believable. One question though, why wasn't Arieth mentioned in this?
Andrea-likes-RamzaCloud chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
OOh...I remember that! And I always kinda thought that Ramza looked like Cloud. And the first time I said when I saw Altima was 'Hey, he looks just like Sephiroth!'. Also through some of my jobs I have acquired White, Blue, Red, and BLACK material. Thats the one Sephiroth wanted to summon that meotor! So I definitly think it is possible that Ramza and Cloud are related. (I finished both games and are proud of it!)Have you played other FFgames besides FFT and FF7? If so, which ones?
Blueberry Bagel chapter 1 . 3/24/2003
Neat theory, adds to my belif that ALL the main FF guys are desendents of each other... hey, think about, Altima is a bad translation of Ultima, the evil chick from FF8... ok, I'll stop rambling now...
Alan Bates chapter 1 . 11/15/2002
Nice idea. I like the story and think you capture Cloud's sense of misplacement well.
Yami Yumi Kaiba chapter 1 . 10/31/2002
this is one of the best fics i have ever read. I like it. I never imagined it that way, and you made me stop to think about it. Note about FFT, it came out on the same day that FF7 did. So that just might be a clue as to what the story had hidden, huh?
Duran the Warrior chapter 1 . 10/23/2002
Interesting but how could Saint Ajora be Sephiroth?
Sparkle Rancher chapter 1 . 10/15/2002
AHHHHH. So nice! Wonderful! Beautiful! Please continue! Don't just leave it at one chapter! The ending is so mysterious and full of burning suspense!
Sparkle Rancher chapter 1 . 10/15/2002
Kajeth chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
Well, that's certainly an interesting theory. . . . Well if that's the case, looks like Cloud will definitely need to get back to his own time then for Ramza to be born. Well, hope you'll continue writing for this.
Tempest chapter 1 . 10/9/2002
cool, you fixed the line-breaking... or maybe my computer was just being weird... o.O

This is a great story, and a very interesting theory.

I'm wondering though if you plan on ever continuing this story? That would be awesome...
Ayatherose chapter 1 . 10/7/2002
Hey sis.

I love this story! I love it as much now as i did 4 years ago.

About the story...well rounded, good contrast between Cloud and Ramza, and very nice diolouge.

I wanted to share with you a peice of advice that i heard about writing. About exclamation marks. They do their job well, but a good writer will have no use for them. A good writer will have the talent to create a sense of urgency without using a exclamation mark. That's all.
Forbes chapter 1 . 10/5/2002
that is a really interseting theory one worht writing more about...
Tempest chapter 1 . 10/4/2002
I could barely read it because much of it was word wrapped, I stopped trying when my eyes started to hurt.

You should at least add a line break for every other line so that the words aren't so close together.

Tab inserting at the beginning of every paragraph is also helpful.

From what I could read it did look like it would be a good story.