Reviews for Only Human
Great story. Hope you can finish it some day. Thanks for sharing.
HeronS chapter 4 . 2/6
Wonderful and touching. Thank you so much, KCS. I hope that you'll return to this one day and tell us the rest! I love all your stories, and your writing is very inspirational.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/12/2015
Are you ever going to finish this? I love your Star Trek stories and I miss you.
tanseynz chapter 4 . 6/14/2015
Each one of these would expand beautifully into a full length fascinating story, but are equally rivetting as they stand.
A fine piece of writing, and your characterisations are most appealing.
Guest chapter 4 . 5/24/2015
Wow that was… immensely heartbreaking. The beginning I mean… but it's a really nice conclusion and I really look forward to the future five-ones!:))
The-Shepherd's-Daughter chapter 4 . 2/27/2015
Wow...
Before I go into anything else, I want to commend you greatly on your style of writing and your mastery of these characters. I am fairly new to the Trek-verse, but I have to say, in my limited opinion, you have an immense understanding of their personalities and relationships, especially Spock. Your total comprehension of his personality and psychology is amazing. I'm in awe!

While all of the chapters were wonderful (the first chapter was adorable!), I think my favorite was the fourth chapter. I can't explain how this chapter made me feel, which is hard for me to grasp. I'm never usually at a loss for words (Ha!). I do know my palms were sweating when they were walking down the ward corridors; I shed a tear when Ren'he hugged the Captain. But I think the icing on the cake was the final part of the chapter. You just wrote it so well, so perfect for their characters. My heart truly ached for them all...

I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the idea! This is going on my favorites list for a definite reason, and I hope more Trekkies read this and come to enjoy it as I have!

I'm excited to see this is not complete, and I encourage you greatly to continue when you can! Now, on to read more of your wonderful work! :)
Xiayi chapter 4 . 11/16/2014
I love all your TOS story,especially My Captain!You said,'the more You watched the XI movie the more U realized they are, indeed, extremely different people than TOS Kirk and Spock. ' Me too,That is really what I thought.I was also expecting them to be the TOS Kirk and Spock I love, They are not; they are entirely different people, I start to like them that my beloved always have been and shall be the original Kirk and Spock!Hope update soon!
AutumnAtMidnite chapter 4 . 10/25/2014
THIS. Was absolutely beautiful.

I am just now discovering Star Trek TOS, and let me tell you what a treat it was to see that you are writing again AND that it's for a fandom I can't seem to find much decent fic for. When I saw your post on LJ, I suddenly remembered (my mind is rather slippery, I admit) HOLY BATCAVE my favorite Holmes author writes for TOS :D

*reprimands self severely for the oversight*

But seriously, this entire series was pulled off brilliantly. The last one, though. . Your portrayal of how Kirk would react after torture by sensory deprivation was realistic and just a little shudder inducing at how it can affect the mind worse than physical injury. Then you have an all sorts of adorable alien child jump start the healing process, and Spock thanking her mother for that... excuse me while I melt into a puddle.

I certainly did not tear up at that ending, either. Nope. Not in the least.

It appears I have some catching up to do on your ST fic, and my bad for not checking it out sooner. Also, apologies for commenting here instead of LJ... I am still working out my posting/formatting issues over there.
Book girl fan chapter 4 . 10/21/2014
Yay! You're back! If I was a more demonstrative person, I'm pretty sure I'd be wanting to hug you right now, but as I'd, I'll just give you my warm welcome back into writing, and let you know I've missed you. Might not be much, as I'm just one reader out of hundreds or even thousands, and you don't even know me, but I have.
Henr233e chapter 4 . 10/21/2014
Dear KCS.

You're back! I am so glad you are back with us. You are the best writer of TOS fiction I have found on this sight, and I have read your stories several times. Okay, lots of times.

Keep writing ... please.
Reader chapter 4 . 10/11/2014
You're back! What a welcome surprise! This story, as all your stories are, was excellent. You're my favorite author in this fandom, hands down. As always, you capture the characters' voices and personalities and paint scenes so vividly I can see them perfectly in my head.

This was an excellent follow up to the story in My Captain too. That series is one of my favourites of your works, and this is a wonderful extension of that chapter. I hope that things in RL settle down for you, and that perhaps we'll be lucky enough to see more of your work
batfan7 chapter 4 . 10/10/2014
Awww... A very sweet chapter. Loved the mission and how it was helpful for the child and for the Captain. Definitely loved Spock's perspective of the entire situation.

I'm glad you're back and writing more! I always enjoy your writing!
Keyra93 chapter 4 . 10/10/2014
I've just read the first five chapters of My captain to better understand this chapter, and I have to say I am thoroughly in love with both stories. I love the way you write and Spock's point of view is just perfectly written, it sounds very very Vulcan. Sometimes I think he shows a bit too much emotion, but then I think abput that smile at the end of Amok Time and I reconsider the thought. You're really brilliant, I'm glad you're going to get back to writing! I also wish you a more serene life from now on - I don't know what happened in this year but if you haven't had time to get to what you like (writing), it must have been tough. All the best for the future! :)
And thanks for sharing this even though not being convinced with it. I most certainly am!
Have a great day :)
Saavikam69 chapter 3 . 10/9/2014
Now that's diversity!
Saavikam69 chapter 2 . 10/9/2014
Good two chapters. Will they realize they met years ago?