Reviews for Haunted
I'm waiting for a update...
Loving the story!
Claire chapter 22 . 12/15/2017
Just stumbled onto this story last month. Love it. Weirdly in character even with the time jump and the new characters, and it’s generally difficult to make original characters really likeable but you manage it well. Thanks for the story, hope you continue.
Sarah chapter 22 . 9/14/2017
Just beautiful! You gave me all of the logan feels in that scene with Gai "it's the first and maybe only time he will touch his son" oh my god, that one got me. I loved the l/v scene that followed and their quiet camaraderie, it's great to read a scene where you see them communicating as old friends not just lovers, you've hit the nail on the head with that one, it really feels like how they would interact after all this time (although I still love to read LoVe when they're tortured and romantic). Then that season 3 "white night syndrome" kicking in, oh Logan, it's nice to see him rationalise and back off from the situation, you've shown some subtle growth there without over-explaining it or hammering it home too hard. Loved it. Also V's deal with legit business man Weevil was excellent!
rodrice1 chapter 8 . 9/14/2017
Well you shocked the hell out of me. Sam is dead. Well freakin' written! Genius!
SeleneHarker chapter 22 . 9/14/2017
I'm so happy for the update! This was an amazing chapter, as always. I'm loving the story more and more as the plot unfolds. I'm planning to read the whole thing again so that I can remember all the little details I may have forgotten. I feel bad for not missing Eva at all, after all you worked hard to create an original character that avoided the usual cliches of the 'woman who comes between the beloved otp'.

I'm excited about the way Gai and Logan are going to construct their relationship, and how Logan and Veronica will rekindle theirs. Overall, I'm excited about the whole story continuing, this chapter (to me) feels like the first of a new arc.

Kudos!

- Diana
octoberreign chapter 22 . 9/13/2017
Every time I get an email telling me you've updated, I get so excited. I almost (and should have!) Called in sick to work one day just so I could read and process this chapter. Sigh. Next time!
I really love the way you introduced Sam's brother. It was sad and sweet the way Veronica quietly takes care of him. It's so well written and you get a little bit more of a peek into the way V's changed.
It's interesting how Veronica and Logan are both grieving. Logan seems to be moving through the stages while Veronica seems a little stuck, which is actually very true to their characters.
Keller at the beach was written beautifully. I can see what I imagine Logan was like as a kid in the way you wrote Gai here.
I love that Logan isn't trying to push too hard with Gai but is still making sure Gai knows he isn't going away. And I LOVE the way you write Logan and Veronica together. They way they speak and understand each other is just so wonderfully written.
I'm excited to have Logan and Dick back together. Will we get more info on Dick and Veronica's history? Maybe a different view of Sam? I can't wait to find out where you take me next time.
Thank you for updating! You are fantastic!
cainc3 chapter 22 . 9/10/2017
Yay! I was so happy to see this update in my inbox! What a surprise!

I love this fic and this chapter was great! I really can't wait to see what happens next...
irma66 chapter 22 . 9/10/2017
Super excited when this chapter popped up out of the blue. This is such a lovely story, even when it's tearing my heart out.

Somewhat alarming intro to Sam's wayward brother. I really enjoyed (not exactly the right word but the best I've got right now) how simple and sad that interaction was. It really showed that Veronica has changed; her concern and care for this sad, seemingly damaged person with nothing to gain wasn't something that we see too often in canon Veronica. It's good to see this example of her focus broadening.

I seriously laughed when she went in to Gai's room and you set this soft, serene, idealized scene, only to derail it with a Lego. That is real life, right there!

I was really glad to see Veronica give Gai the parameters of how he will deal with Logan, whether he likes it or not. And it was more of that real life stuff when you showed how hard it was for her to do it.

I was anticipating an encounter at the water with Logan but I'm glad it didn't happen. Another time. Loved Keller learning the waves.

Intrigued with Veronica's secret deal with Weevil.

Oh, the Logan/Gai talk. Poor Logan. Crossing his arms to hold his heart in. The rejection that cut the deepest. You're killing us with the Logan feels. Did enjoy part 2 of that interlude, with the L/V talk. Fun to watch her tease him about the new car-a Maserati SUV? Seriously? But his reasoning, and how she understands it, was all feely too. Then she lies, poorly, and he's back to how he felt before he had to dump his life and run away to protect her, and their kid he didn't even know about. I was, frankly, shocked and somewhat impressed that he managed to call himself off before he raced back to rescue her when she absolutely won't want rescuing. I suspect there's gonna come a time that she's going to need help but now is not it.

Very much looking forward to whatever is the deal with Sam's murder. Thanks for this great story.
JoeCool701 chapter 22 . 9/10/2017
Poor Logan he needs a hug!
Kayte76 chapter 22 . 9/10/2017
I hope Dinner with Dick is a bit more upbeat and sociable. Logan needs some sunshine and rainbows in the midst of this storm he is living.
wack31 chapter 22 . 9/9/2017
love.
EllieBear75 chapter 22 . 9/9/2017
The scene where Logan shakes Gai's hand...that's the imagry that tore my heart out tonight, but again, in the best possible way. Another wonderful chapter. Love the addition of Sam's brother - great way to introduce some more depth to a "dead" character. Well done.
Laeti chapter 21 . 8/8/2017
Aarg I'm all flustered! I was bored (actually waiting for new VM fanfic) and I was looking around on the comments, And damn I was appalled as some of the last reviews on Haunted! Seriously scandalized at it! How some people can leave this kind of comment? You are literally giving us for free a story the quality higher of some editing books! (seriously Haunted is BRILLIANT, and I will fight anyone saying otherwise!) (Haunted would deserve to be published!) and they leave such awful comments, seriously just shut up, move on, don't disrespect someone who is offering so much of her free time, who puts so much effort and had the kindness of share a wonderful story! Je suis furieuse!

But enough with this negativity (theirs and mine)! and for counterbalancing, I will leave a little bit of love for this génialissime story! Haunted always creates such a strong, emotional reaction in me, visceral feelings every time I think about it, I see an update, I read an excerpt, see a fanart! Some sort of longing, yearning I feel with this fic, quite powerful emotions this fic inspires me! This proves her quality! Beautiful, heart-wrenching story with complex, intriguing plot, endearing OCs, an exceptional journey of Logan and Veronica who explore their emotions authentically, brilliantly! This story deserves so much LOVE!
I'm moved so much by Haunted! She (in French we use she and he for object and inanimate things too and considering the powerful emotions she gives me, this story is lively) is such an incredible piece of work, we are VERY lucky to witness, be part of this chef-d'oeuvre! Seriously I'm haunted by Haunted!
J'ADORE HAUNTED!
MERCI!
0ldLace chapter 21 . 5/16/2017
It's been more than a year, I think, since the last time I read this fic. And since then, I have drifted to different fandoms and read thousands of fic (not hyperbolic, I keep count), and I still remember this fic with fondness and awe. The first arc was perfect, the very concept of the story itself was genius. The fact that I remember exactly where I left off is a testament to how memorable this fic is; both plot and execution are awesome!

I've caught up with the chapters now, and firstly, I love how it took several chapters for Logan to grapple with his sense of loss over Eva. I was initially hesitant it wouldn't be so, and was worried, because out of all the OCs in this fic, it's Eva who's the most fleshed out, imo. And Logan is still reeling and is processing it, and I like that, as much as I like the progression in his and Veronica's and Gai's lives as they try to integrate each other in their own. That, I feel, is the heart of the second arc and it's compelling to follow. I'm not as invested with the mystery yet though, because there isn't a sense of urgency right now; no lives are currently at stake. I'm sure that'll change soon, but it's Veronica and Logan that gives me life ;) and I hope to read more about them. I really like that they seem so at ease in their interaction, which is indicative of how much time has passed and how they've let go of old hurts. It seems such a contrast to the first arc, when their feelings about each other are magnified and put into focus.

I know it might be rude to ask, but I'm going to take my chance: should I hope for a LoVe ending? I dont mean to reduce this to a *will they won't they* thing, because this fic is already is much much more than that to me. Its just that the ship-component is an important factor when I read; i very rarely read Genfics or those which are pairings-untagged on ao3. I hope you do answer but its nbd.

Regardless, thank you for your commitment to writing this fic! Can't wait for your next update :D
Abef chapter 21 . 4/28/2017
Are we allowed to say "black woman" now that Obama is out of the Pale House? Or do we say "woman of colour" , and assume everyone knows that the person in question is not purple, or green, or orange (unless the fake tan has been used) or all the rest of the colours except for black?

Logan is indeed behaving like a spoiled brat. I had such high hopes for him in the first part of your story- that he had matured; was balanced; considered the needs of others; was mature; had depth etc.
And now in the second part, you have him reverting to type. All those years, and experiences, lessons learned, the love of a good woman etc all down the pan... such a shame.

And a house with 10 bathrooms!? and only 6 bedrooms...did the occupants have intestinal problems? have stacks of diapers in strategic locations in case all 10 bathrooms were, God forbid, occupied? California is indeed "different", and they had a drought- maybe too many bathrooms being flushed?

What happened to the mystery you dangled in front of us relating to the shooting of Sam, and the prisoner serving time, and the hinted at cover-up?
Please develop that .