Reviews for From the Ashes, Grow the Roses
NabooRose chapter 19 . 8/18
I really loved this story! I, um, am slightly ashamed to admit this, but I love the sad, chest-tightening, eye-watering feeling that angsty torture-filled Obi-Wan fanfics give you. And this fic was filled with it! 3 I'm in love.

This was an amazing idea, as well as a very well-written story. All of the ideas, characters, and their portrayal was just absolutely AMAZING. I absolutely loved it, and was ecstatic when I realized there was a happy ending, and yes, QUI AND OBI, MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE MASTER/PADAWAN TEAM, WERE UNITED! YASSSSSSS!

So thank you so much for writing an amazing fanfic, which is DEFINITELY going on my list of favorite fics. Thank you so much! 3

*virtual hugs and many virtual cookies* ;)
-NabooRose 3
CalamityJim chapter 19 . 3/9/2011
This was good, but Yoda's role is going to haunt me forever.
CalamityJim chapter 11 . 3/9/2011
This is good, it is, but I am really having problems with my mental Yoda godmother in my head. He totally was Luke's fairy godmother too. Omg. The parallels burn!

But great story
CalamityJim chapter 10 . 3/9/2011
Oh crap.

Oh crap oh crap oh crap.

I just pictured Yoda in a blue dress with wings yelling at Cinderella and since it burned my brain I thought I would share.
Azalea.Rose chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
I just know this story will be good
alfalfaba chapter 19 . 10/12/2009
Yay! I love happy endings! I like the Titan A.E. soundtrack too, that's a good movie. great job, awesome! LOVE IT!
K-rock chapter 19 . 10/1/2003
wow...that's really all i can say...wow...who woulda thought u could put Cinderella and Star Wars together...and it's still readable! and almost (i repeat, ALMOST) a tear-jerker...i don't cry easy, and i almost did at that...umm...er...*cough*bad*cough* ending...;)

so, anyways...um, where's Robin Hood? that would be terrific to see...i hope it's coming soon...that would be interesting to read...at least i think so...but hey, i have an insane mind, so ya never know what i can come up with...anyways...like i was saying...good story, liked it a lot...bring Robin on!
Gaston Leroux chapter 19 . 9/29/2003
Wow! Great Stuff!
Obi-Wan'sPadawan chapter 1 . 8/27/2003
Hey, what happened to you? Weren't you working on another story? Robin Hood, I believe? C'mon! This one was so good! Keep it up!

~Kimmer (Obi-Wan'sPadawan)
SFGrl chapter 19 . 3/16/2003
oh, I liked the second ending best!

This was a really great adaptation of the fairy tale! It fit perfectly, and your writing is fantastic! Great work!

A
Eleya hynin chapter 19 . 2/22/2003
A I love this story! You are such a great writer and it has such a cool plot! Keep writting more fun stories!

Lily
Zara chapter 19 . 2/9/2003
I definately liked the happy ending better than the sad ending. A very enjoyable story, a creative idea and well-executed, and I can't find anything to criticize at the moment. I'm really looking forward to reading your next story!
Culf chapter 19 . 1/4/2003
Awww... I've been thinking about reading this story for so long, but I didn't until today, and I regret having waited for so long. It was really nifty, and I could see that you've seen Ever After, but that it's not your only source of information. I liked this story, and I'm looking forward to reading your Robin Hood story. However, I must warn you. Do not go to Disney to seek council, cause they will give you no true answeres. Take it from someone who has read "The Hunchback of Notre Dame". The real story is nothing like the movie. Snow white is wrong, Pocahantas died etc. The only Disney film I do believe is corect is Mickeys christmas carol, which is based on a book by Charls Dickens. Anyway, my point is, Disney change the stories, so find informatinon elsvwere...

Sorry, this has nothing to do with you, as I loved your story, and I didn't see that much Disney in it, it's just that I'm starting to hate Disney. Take no offence!

May the Force be with you, always!
Knight MysAri chapter 19 . 12/6/2002
Well, everyone, Thank you again for making this story such a success for me. I greatly appreciate everything you have done for me. :) Sorry it took me so long to respond to the reviews. I've never done it this way before and just felt awkward. So I debated on what to do for a while. Anywho, thanks for the patience.

Obi-WansPadawan(Kimmer) - Thank you soooo much. I'm so honoured by your putting this into your favourites! :D I just hope 'Stealing Destiny'(My Robin Hood story) lives up to everyone's expectations. I'm still reading up on the various stories and ballads but have some of the preliminary ground work done. Hopefully I'll be posting the first chap soon. :)

amy.b - Very observant of you. But I'm glad you noticed. :) Thank you for reading! I appreciate it.

GoldenRose - Wow, thank you very much. I'm so happy that you liked it so much. :D And like I said, hopefully I'll be getting the first chapter of "Robin Hood" up soon. Keep an eye out! ;)

Ciria - You're the best! Thank you for giving me such a fabulous review! :D :D I was fairly certain that was you but when I read 'git' It confirmed my suspicion. Yeah! I almost accomplished my goal. I wanted people to cry from the first ending because it was sad. And then I wanted them to cry for the second ending because they were happy. If I at least made your eyes watery, I'm happy. *blushes* Well, keep an eye out for 'Stealing Destiny' which is the Robin Hood story. ;)

Alex - Glad you liked it! :D Patience is a Virtua. ;) Robhin Hood will be coming shortly. Just let me finish reading his adverntures so that I have my basis to work from. Thanks.

Aiska - *blush* Aww, I don't know if it was that good. But I really appreciate the comment. :D

Maygin - Yes, our world of Obi is such a wonderful playground to frolic in. ;) rOBIn hood will hopefully be a slightly refreshing re-telling too. ;) And I'm not a suck up. I just do what my Muse tells me and it said write two endings. I am a slave to my muses. And yes, Qui had the gardeners re-create the garden area of Obi's home. Before it became the place of such tomrent, it was his last place he could feel close to his mother. So, Qui gave him that so that he would not be upset while he stayed in the Temple. Obi is such a forgiving soul. Despite everything that is thrown at him he somehow still manages to maintain his hopes and selfless generosity. And yes, so this ends. But have hope, another story is coming! And hopefully, Forsaken and Begotten can tide you over until then. ;)

lighted eagle - ditto. I'm still trying to get over the shock that it's actually complete. Thank you! Thank You! :D Robin Hood should be coming soon. Promise.

Joe - Thank you. And I'm sorry for the sap. I guess an author is entitled to write a bit of sap now and then. Personally, I'm not enclined to write such stuff, so we'll see what happens later. Thanks again.

ds_jt - Awww, thank you very much! I'm glad you liked both endings. I liked writing them. ;)

Anakin - Actually, I've had a few say they liked the sad one better. I just feel bad because I didn't put as much effort into that one. I enjoyed writing both endings and thought it would be nice for the reader to choose which one they like better. Thanks for reading! :D

lillian - Sorry that your computer gave you so much trouble. *shakes finger* Bad Computer, Bad! Thanks and cross your fingers that I get 'Robin Hood' up soon. ;)

meere - *hides behind Obi* I'm sorry if you disliked the bad ending so much. :( I hope I at least redeemed myself with the good ending. Have a good rest and hopefully soon, I'll have that next story posted soon. :)
meere chapter 19 . 12/5/2002
Chapter 17 seems better crafted (i.e, the imagery, the descriptions) than 16, but that's a good thing since I HATED Chapter 16. The torture, the pain, the death, I'm exhausted. Wonderful ending (17) and wonderful story. Can't wait for the next story. I think I'll go rest now.