Reviews for Heimatfront Episode One: The Girl And Her Tank
Kite Tanril chapter 12 . 3/2/2014
Although I don't know anything about Girls and Panza or tanks, I really liked the story so far.
I'm curious what's going to happen next, and how the girls will get along with it. I wonder if the two boys will be part of the coming episodes, too :) It was quite funny when the girls "commanded" them to carry the heavy packages. And I hope to learn more about the background of the other girls.

I liked it how you've showed the war from the diffrent positions, the dying driver, the girls, the Sergeant and that war-loving Lieutnant...

I'm just not so sure about the name "Konigsberg". I guess that name only exists in Germany with an "ö" - Königsberg and only turned to "Konigsberg" when people moved to the USA and had to change their name.

All in all I'm looking forward to the next episode!

Just one thing in the Disclaimer, nothing bad... It's Kite Tanril, without the "h", not Kite Thanril :D
F-14 Tomcat Lover chapter 12 . 1/10/2014
Actually, the Russians shout 'URA!" not Huh-RAH!

It's also pronounced in a long form. Youtube has video clips of the Victory Day Parade to mark the end of the Great Patriotic War. Some even go back to the 70s.
Joannes808 chapter 2 . 1/7/2014
Love the new German names, they do keep ethnic accuracy without causing the readers to get mixed up between characters. Though Wolfgang does sound a little...odd for a name.

I spent days contemplating it myself before starting my own story. But then I realized I was just wasting too many brain cells on the matter, so I just said "screw it".

Love the story so far.
Theralion chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
There's not that much to add from what I said in my beta reading, so I'll keep this relatively brief and focus on the newer parts.

Chapter 6 still ends somewhat abruptly. You could have a cliffhanger saying "but it won't go on for long," or something of the sort that transitions into the next chapter. On the opposite end, Chapter 8 goes into Chapter 9 somewhat abruptly, almost mid-sentence.

It's interesting seeing the lighthearted parts and references to Girls Und Panzer here. They seem to be well-written. and fit well into the story without detracting from it.

I liked hearing more about Anja's motivations. Given that Anja doesn't seem to have any love for the Nazi leadership, I have to wonder whether Maria will reconsider her initial distrust of her, Simone and Hanna.

I'm curious as to why you are putting the "episodes" in separate fics, instead of continuing this one fic for . How might you be planning to divide the installments, in terms of plot or length, exactly?

There were still a few typos, such as "I've got used to dislodge them," and "Bodies were blow apart", although some mistakes get through in my works, too.

I don't know much about Company of Heroes, so I can't really say much about that part of this story, or even tell when Company of Heroes is coming into play.

All in all, it's well-written, and I'm looking forward to the next part.