Reviews for Perspective
Ghostwriter chapter 3 . 1/17/2014
I love it. Catch ya on the flip side.
KevinxoShelley chapter 3 . 12/30/2013
Great work with the whole story. I really liked how you explained Ed's view on how things were for him. I look forward to more of your stories.
Buckeye am I chapter 3 . 12/30/2013
I don't usually go for total "just emotional talk" stories. But this was good.

The way you showed cops thinking with family thinking was good. That advice could be used for many different "worlds" of life.
jneill7677 chapter 3 . 12/30/2013
I absolutely love it so far! I can't wait to see where you take this. Please update soon.
Ace Bullets chapter 3 . 12/29/2013
This is all so good. I really enjoy how you write, and I like how you're tackling this complex issue of handling the stresses of the job. It's not like we haven't seen how things have affected Ed and Sophie, but this story really plumbs the depths. Thanks for staying true to their characters. I completely buy all of their thoughts, motivations, and reactions.

I particularly enjoyed Ed's analysis of *his* world vs. the "naive" world inhabited by his wife and children. I'm not involved in law enforcement in any way, but I can see how cops just might slip into that mindset. Marty's admission that he bawled at his little girl for whining over a broken toy was so shocking, yet so believable. (I wish him the best of luck at making amends for that traumatizing incident.)

In the end, I was comforted by the fact Ed was able to bring some sense to Marty's world, and that Ed himself was able to re-assert his own control over how he deals with those competing worlds of being a cop and being a family man.

Thanks so much for sharing!