Reviews for Tale as Old as Time
SweetieLove chapter 1 . 4/17/2014
Butterfly, you better have an update ready because you DO NOT leave a story hanging like that!

I am sooo loving this retelling of the classic tale. I'm guessing Rock is "Gaston" and Claire is "Belle" with all her uniqueness? Lol. And you even included the gossiping trio! Might I add that the beginning scene between Mary and Claire gave the story a modern atmosphere within a traditional background, if you get my drift. It set the perfect balance to the story you're weaving right now. A very subtle detail, yes, but an important one at that.

One thing I could compare between this and your previous works is your craft for pacing and story-telling. It has improved greatly, my dear, up to the point where you can pull this off as your own if it weren't for the fact that you're basing this off a Disney classic.

I'll def be following this story, dearest :)

- Tia
Cotton Candy Mareep chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
Oh goodness, this is great so far! That scene with Claire and Mary was so cute, and I could see where Claire might wish for a little excitement in her life, seeing as she lives in a Harvest Moon town where everything is always peaceful and normal and perhaps somewhat boring at times, haha. Also, I thought the gossip between Anna, Sasha, and Manna regarding Claire was pretty interesting, since it shows that other people might not think as highly of her as he friend Mary does. In fact, it’s obvious how Claire became friends with Mary in the first place, because they’re just so alike in this story.

Although Rock is a rather arrogant and extremely flirtatious guy, it’s nice to see that he seems genuinely concerned about the whereabouts of Claire’s father. I’m sure he’s not really such a bad guy, just really annoying, haha.

I love the Beauty and the Beast twist on Harvest Moon in this story, and I can’t wait to read more! I wonder who the ‘beast’ in this story is going to be.

-Cotton Candy Mareep
Lilybud chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
I like this so far! The descriptions seem skillfully done, and the roles of the characters fit nicely. Rock as Gaston? Ha, quite believable. Ooh, I can't wait to see who the Beast will be!
KenjiHario chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
please let it be jack (fingers crossed)
AshRB chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
I was so excited to see this posted on the gifts thread! :D I love it so far! The references to Jane Eyre and The Lord of the Rings were great and when I saw that you made Rock “Gaston,” I burst out laughing! That’s just too perfect! XD And I really, really, really appreciate that you didn’t make him a complete jerk by having him be concerned about Claire’s father missing. :)

I can’t wait to see who the “Beast” is! I’m really looking forward to the rest. Thank you so much!