Reviews for Who Are You?
Izaya4ever chapter 14 . 9/8
Yay! Love this Chikage extra.
Izaya4ever chapter 13 . 9/8
Haha we can't hate the author for writing a character the way he is. Shizuo truly possesses the qualities that could cause him to act in that way.

Thanks for the story. It's good.
Izaya4ever chapter 12 . 9/8
My Chikage great minds think alike, Shizuo is a damn bastard isn't he?
And he proves it too .

It is his character though... He is ridiculously hostile when it comes to Izaya.
Izaya4ever chapter 10 . 9/8
Hey, kk just need you to know Shizuo is younger than Izaya, and Shinra too for that matter. He's one of those kids who was younger than most other students in his grade.
Izaya4ever chapter 8 . 9/8
Shizuo is a damnable jerk.
Really not caring that Izaya is uncomfortable is pretty dense of him. Like clothes can be really important.
Jerk jerk jerk. I hate him.
Nekton chapter 5 . 9/3
Celty and I
Kittycatkyla chapter 1 . 9/12/2014
O.O' so long...I checked my email today and was not expecting this essay, lol.
Hello, Anon. Thank you so much for the feedback. I really do not look at this as an attack because I don't love my story that much either. I could use the excuse that this was my first Durarara! fanfic and that I was learning with the characters and the sort, but that is irrelevant when it comes to the...disconscent scenes, along with the female-ness of homosexuals and the sort as well. I completely and utterly agree with everything you said, though I would like to point out that the extra scene, the Chizaya scene, has a more indepth with real life situations when Chikage starts his lectures.
Unfortunately, I must point out that I got tired of this story and started it without having an ending in sight, so I just wrote in the desire to end it while trying to not make it sound too bad but to also go in a direction that didn't seem like something Shizuo and Izaya would go for while still slightly being in character. Honestly, this story requires for me to go into more depth, deeper into psychology and sociology but my wish to end it was stronger.
So I definitely agree with you and an idea to revise and even redo it is brewing in my head.
But, that'll probably be a way off. For now, I'm focusing more on Hachimenroppi and Tsukishima, two characters who, I believe, I may be able to portray more accurately and have the proper details to support my ideas.
As I continue to write about these two, I believe I'm starting to get the hang of Izaya and Shizuo more. So Hopefully, the next stories will be better.
Anon chapter 13 . 9/12/2014
Hey there, great job completing your story, but I just have some general revisions for you. First, this was a cool idea to go with; Izaya going through amnesia and getting together with Shizuo through it. Though it is a cool idea, I think you could execute it a little better here. I don't mean to chastise you, but a lot of this couple's behavior and the events that happen are very stereotypical and conduce rape culture.

The fact that Izaya saw himself as being feminine because of his clothes is strange. Everyone looks good in black and V necks so that didn't quite make sense. Men also wear pink. And a boy who seems like a girl/is girly/has girl qualities is not automatically gay. I have many gay guy friends who are NOT any of those things. Some of them are big and muscular and bottom so...I'm confused as to why every time a guy "seems" like a "girl", people instantly think "Oh he's definitely gay." That's not always the case.

Also Izaya practically fell into the trope of "Oh my goodness, I'm such a helpless, innocent, quiet, shy, frail, tiny and soft-spoken girl that anyone, literally anyone can and should take advantage of me". Is that what people fantasize about romantic relationships? "I'm a hopeless and defenseless weak person, I sure hope some strong, aggressive man forces himself on me and we can fall in love afterwards!" That's what this sounds like and it's ridiculous.

This idea of shyness and innocence being sexy and alluring is very tired and conducive to rape culture (even pedophilia cause hey that sounds like an meek 8 year old girl, who has not sexually matured yet). It tells us that an innocent and shy girl/person won't and can't say no to sex or stick up for herself/themselves and therefore sex is okay whenever, their opinion/consent doesn't matter and that's so HOT...NO literally no, this is the wrong message and it's not any one person's fault, but the fault our society and world as a whole. The fact that Shizuo rapes Izaya and though he's initially upset, he forgives him and they become lovers is really messed up. In fact, most of his sexual contact with people in this story is completely non-consensual and you do address it, but not really much else with it and you SHOULD. So many women think that if a guy is pushy and aggressive, it's supposed to be sexy and flattering so it's ok even if they are uncomfortable, but this is so not the case. It gives men the excuse to continually cat call and sexually harass women because they think "Hey, most women are totally into it and should be thankful for the attention!"

Izaya was absolutely right, the Shizuo in this story only started to have feelings for him once he saw how vulnerable and weak looking Izaya could be. He didn't love him at all, just the idea that he could overpower him and push him around without Izaya retaliating. You tried to make sense of it, but you could have gone further. There was no point where Izaya could stand up for himself and be self reliant at all, (which I understand was because he had amnesia) but I don't think Izaya (even if he had amnesia) would be such a spineless wimp that literally falls prey to any and everything. Again, a vision of a small helpless 8-year old, who can't fend of old pedophiles comes to mind.

My point is I don't think relationships that stem out of a person being weak and depending on a big strong dude to protect them, be jealous, possessive, and abusive and then suddenly becomes lovey dovey in the end makes for a well rounded romantic story. It's not all that realistic even if it is an out of character style. I personally think Izaya is the sexist mo-fo around for guys and girls! He's an asshole and a prick maybe, but he has dignity and pride and even though he's small, he's strong, smart, willful and can shred anyone to bits with his switch blade or parkour. AND I'm all for him getting together with Shizuo, but with consent and maybe some awkwardness because they're such opposites of each other and a lot of cute teasing. For instance, I've read a lot of fics where Shizuo starts to realize his feelings for Izaya and sees through all his cockiness and teasing words and puts some moves on him like hugging or smiling. Then Izaya, driven to the point of insanity because he can't tease Shizuo anymore succumbs to his flirty behavior while keeping his distance, though he doesn't want to admit it he likes the change. So little by little they get intimate with each other until BAM! You have a beautiful Shizaya sandwich. All with their great and awful personalities mixed in. And Izaya's most definitely a power bottom, who doesn't mind handing over the reigns to Shizuo sometimes so all this helpless and innocent bull crap is really a turn off in my mind. (As a tiny sociopath myself, I think you can rework this story without the helpless victim trope and make it a little more realistic and more awesome!)

Oh yeah! the love is definitely there between Shizuo and Izaya they're obsessed with each other and I like how you went into the back story of that with the memories of Izaya being secretly upset that they never got along. It's believable and he's such a masochist AND sadist that it makes sense, but masochism and sadism also have a degree of consent and rape is ALWAYS ALWAYS going too far. I don't think anyone should ever be in a relationship with someone who has raped them. I know it happens in the real world, but writing fic that makes a rape situation into a romantic fantasy is NOT COOL at all. Just letting you know and hope you can take my words not as an attack, but just some advice and reasoning to make a more believable love story. Good luck with the rest of your writing!
Kaoru Yukina chapter 14 . 9/3/2014
izaya with amnesia is slutty. but i like slutty izaya so it's okay. he he.
cellaria chapter 13 . 8/23/2014
hmm well i think your writing & this story had a lot of potential.. honestly it started out really good! but then once izaya stayed with him shizuo was just kind of ooc & sometimes just a dick. so not how i think of him at all T . T i could buy that izaya could get over the dubcon stuff (also seemed ooc shizuo) if it stopped.. but i can't see shizuo as a straight up rapist.. especially with a crying normal izaya. that whole thing just made no sense. nor that izaya was just like 'oh whatever it's totally fine you randomly sexually assaulted me i know it's bc you really love me let's date!' like 5 mins later XD if shizuo was actually kinder & they'd tried to get to know each other without all the hostility or they'd developed an actual relationship while izaya had amnesia then maybe i could see him forgiving something but this sort of turned a bit ridiculous towards the end lol
Letty-Chan19 chapter 14 . 8/19/2014
Cool.. :3

pandasexual chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
oh wow i like. a little confusing in some places but it sometimes is! nice story so far. imma continue reading now keep writing! your stories are awesome!
AnimeGeekGirl5 chapter 14 . 8/6/2014
I loved this. It was sooo amazing. I was literally in tears. Epic job. Ten thumbs up :D
Mozu The Mochi chapter 14 . 8/5/2014
A harem of Izaya is nice... I'm starting to ship Chizaya because of you now! XD
bertabee chapter 14 . 8/4/2014
It surprised me a little I thought the last chap was the end. However I do like this ending better. Thanks for such a good story.