Reviews for The Weather Outside
Good story
HoneyBear84 chapter 1 . 11/12/2017
Loved it
Leheara chapter 20 . 4/8/2017
This story was amazingly well thought out and set up. I loved it.
excessivelyperky chapter 20 . 1/19/2017
Oh, how sweet! And what a lovely use for mistletoe.
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 1/16/2017
I still think it would have been better if the group had been able to include Luna Lovegood and Hannah Abbott-those two houses get overshadowed enough as it is.

But it does sound like Hogwarts had Firm Opinions on the wards being put back together.
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 1/16/2017
Neatly done, those snowmen! So, when is Hagrid going to show up and add his Blast-Ended Skrewt of the Day? I'm sure Pomona has already had a brief discussion with the plant life beneath the snow.

At least Minerva seems to know what is going on. As done Hermione, but it's nice that the Ministry has stopped trying to question her about her research that much-because if they do, she'll tell them. At great length. With footnotes.
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 1/4/2017
Yes, recasting the wards would be a good idea; all those stray bits of magic being mixed up could well have some exciting effects.

But I expect that Keller is going to meet Hermione's canaries real soon now, and it won't be pretty.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 12/9/2016
Brilliant! I love Molly's casual announcement and Arthur chiming in (and Ron's reaction).

Severus still isn't used to being accepted...but maybe someday he will be.
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 12/2/2016
Oh, good, the three of them are talking to each other again! Hermione needs to have someone shake a little sense into her, but surely she ought to be allowed a *few* scathing remarks if Severus isn't around?

And seeing Ron wondering how others eat so much...giggles.

I really like how Severus gives Molly some more confidence, though. He'll be getting the *good* eggnog after dinner, I bet!
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 12/1/2016
Yay for Harry, Sev, and Ron! Even Molly noticed Hermione dissing Harry (and by concatenation, Severus). Hermione was always rule-bound, but Ron and Harry usually kept her from getting too stuck.

I was so delighted by what Severus said about Harry, and by what Harry said about Severus-and maybe the whole Weasley family needed a bit of a wakeup call about what caliber of mind Snape really has (and one that Hermione showed she couldn't really keep up with in her sixth year).
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 11/18/2016
I see the castle still thinks that Snape is Headmaster, and is talking to him. And it will probably take the entire staff of Hogwarts to put the wards back together.

Alas, Hermione has sucked in the Ministry mindset-but then, she's like that. We saw that in HBP when she didn't want to look outside the book.
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 11/17/2016
Oh, I had homemade applejack once-it didn't taste very strong, and then I suddenly discovered my kneecaps were missing and had to sit back down again. I don't blame Severus for not wanting to inflict that kind of thing on Harry if Harry isn't up for it.
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 10/27/2016
What a way for Santa to bring nice things to one of the good people on this earth-not that Harry got anything out of it either, right?

Mmm...waffles...
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 10/20/2016
I know what some of the people at work had stashed away in their cubicles, and what I had stashed away-I think that we could have lasted at least a week of being snowed in, as long as the coffee didn't run out.

I love how Snape ran into Rubeus (Ghost of Christmas Present) Hagrid and found the ornaments he was looking. He really likes birds, doesn't he? And the cauldron one is perfect.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 10/20/2016
Hermione might just end being surprised at what her employees can feel in the snow, and Ron, too-it's possible that the purge of former DEs from the Ministry was not *quite* as thorough as she thinks. Oops. But it's data...

And the conversation between the pair and Ron was quite civil (I do hope someone does check on the Grangers. They're probably thinking deep thoughts about Australia this time of year, I bet).