Reviews for Be Still
Sirnonenath chapter 1 . 1/9
Really well done. I got emotional reading this, just like the characters. Thanks for sharing!
DaughterOfAres chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
Okay, so, I was going to tell you great and amazing things about this story. Then I got to the end. And they HUGGED! Or rather Rusty HUGGED her. At that point, all the amazing things I was going to say left my head. And still all I can think is THAT WAS THE BEST HUG EVER!

*Goes back to reread*

Okay, so, I love how you wrote Sharon's tears. Because that's very her. She'll do whatever she has to to hide them, and she's had such practice doing that that it's second nature now. I can see her having a more difficult time actually allowing herself to cry than crying. If that makes sense. I'm still sorta reeling from the hug. Then there's Rusty's reaction to seeing her cry...that boy...omg...

AND THE HUG!

I loved the hug. :D

Thank you for writing and sharing this wonderful story.
Magges chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
That was wonderfully written, and you really captured Rusty's voice. I hope you write more Major Crimes stories.
Isolith chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
Ih, great insight into a could-have-been scene. I enjoyed your Rusty introspection and their interaction; felt spot on to me. ) Great read
Lady Jayne chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
wow. just... wow. there are not really words. I'm sitting here on the verge of full on tears from this. wonderfully done. love love loved it.
50ShadesofCray chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
Absolutely beautiful story!
Ellie5192 chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
Fantastic look into Rusty and Sharon's more personal thoughts and interactions. Sharon's tears broke my heart, as did Rusty's confusion and reticence. I love this story.
SChimes chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Ohh my god I am having all the feelings right now.
First of all the title of this story is a perfect match to its content! Amazing! (I mean, I knew the title but now after having read it, it's SO WELL CHOSEN!)
This is amazing... the scene of Rusty finding Sharon crying, and how he wants to leave but can't and calls out to her instead... and the way he notices all these little signs that something is wrong (like Sharon willingly giving him sugar and caffeine at 2 a.m.!) - it's so good and you capture Rusty so perfectly!
And that ARGUMENT, oh my god. You're right, it makes perfect sense in the context why she's so conciliatory and pleading, and oh Rusty... but the way he realizes why she was crying in the beginning and how he feels so awful for making her cry and then the whole resolution... just... *sob*. And that wonderful, wonderful hug was just what both of them, and I, needed.
I also love their discussion at the end about what's coming, and Sharon telling him to take it seriously (which we all saw how well he did... not just by running away from his security detail, but also in this episode... RUSTY). SO GOOD.
I'm so happy you finished this and posted it and write more soon!
Nevada11 chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
That was incredible! Bravo.
rosabelle317 chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
ASDF;LKAJDFSASDF YOU FINISHED IT

This is beautiful.

You did a wonderful job with Rusty's introspection about his mother (particularly the bit about how she *had* been a good mother once). It's just so painfully honest and genuine, and I think this is exactly how he feels - he's starting to accept that he didn't deserve what happened to him, but she's his mother and he loves her, and wherever she is, her situation is an awful one.

I love how Rusty's dead set on sneaking out even after he sees Sharon sitting at the table even though if he'd tried I'm sure he would've discovered that he is not, in fact, a master of stealth, right up until he realizes that she's crying. And I love everything that follows from that - his sudden fear that everything might NOT be okay, the totally awkward way he goes about trying to comfort her, and then how he just loses it and makes her cry AGAIN.

And then Sharon. *sighs* You perfectly captured the way that she's always trying to hold herself together, and my heart just breaks for her. I'm so glad they hugged, because SERIOUSLY. They both need it. Rusty's insights into her and the how and why she understands him are perfect, too.

(I hope you know you're now obligated to write MORE things. :DDDD)
Aphelionite chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Awwww, I *loved* this! It's fantastically in character, all the way through I could hear their voices in your writing, and I really love how you didn't succumb to being melodramatic, even with Rusty's outburst (which was so *him*). There's just this wonderful tension all the way through, the boy who - heart breakingly - perhaps doesn't even think he deserves to be loved.

One bit that really stuck with me was: "She'd told him she loved him tonight, the stack of his letters clenched tightly in her hand. Before, he'd only ever heard it from his mother, and she obviously didn't mean it. But with Sharon, the feeling he has bubbling up inside him is panic, because he's worried that she meant it…but he's terrified that she didn't, and if she ends up walking away from him too, he's not sure he can survive it twice."

*sigh* I so get that, probably why I love it so much :D

Well worth the wait and I hope to see more from you soon! *adds to favourites*
adama-roslinlove chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
There were tears falling down my face. I absolutely loved this!