Reviews for A Sorcerer's Science
Dragonsblue chapter 32 . 4/27
THE ENTIRE BOOK WAS AMAZING! YOU GOT THE CGARECTERS SPOT ON AND IT WAS JUST PERFECT! YOU ARE AN AMAZING WRITE DON'T STOP!
Dragonsblue chapter 1 . 4/25
Oh poor Dumbledore. He doesn't know that all the state alchemists that would be suitable are crazy.
CressidaRene chapter 26 . 4/16
Well, congratulations on a great FMA/Harry Potter crossover and for finishing the year. Also, congrats on making me dislike nearly everyone in the Harry Potter cast by the end of the story, except the twins, Neville, and Poppy. EVERYONE ELSE, even the lauded Golden Trio, were jackasses towards Edward near the end of he story, even if they had previously been friends with him. I know that Edward is very altruistic in nature, but I still think that by his point, he would have had enough, and let his temper and alchemy fly, to put these uppity, "we're better than you, you evil-stranger-muggle" attitudes. I could've seen them being so suspicious of Ed at the beginning of the year, but for them to treat Edward so poorly after he had revealed so much of himself to them over the school year was just awful. At some point during the Shrieking Shack scene, I just wanted Mustang to show up , grab his subordinate, and torch the place for how they all had been treating poor Ed. I don't know why Ed would want to come back and teach for another year at such a prejudiced place, with people who would turn on you in a moment, but maybe it's not his choice to do so?

I'm going on to check out the sequel, hopeful that Ed can keep all the cruel and disrespectuful wizards at bay. I'm curious if you're going to let Ed keep his alchemy or not. Hopefully so, or else he'd be completely at the mercy of the wizards. Anyway, great job on your story!
dana.raley.3 chapter 32 . 4/10
I just love this fic so much...
CressidaRene chapter 2 . 4/1
I loved this chapter about Ed's first experiences with England, King's Cross station, and then the Wizarding world! The amount of detail really helped to immerse me into what Edward was experiencing the whole way, which really reaffirms to me that this is going to be a great story. I felt for Ed, as the whole ordeal had to be very overwhelming to him. I don't think the train stations in the largest cities in Amestris are anywhere as large and chaotic as King's Cross. Ed's first contact with the Wizarding world, Hagrid was just perfect, so cute and funny, and definitely conveyed massive culture clash for Edward.

Poor Ed, being sent to teach at Hogwarts when he wasn't even told what kind of school it was, and he wasn't even given time to prep, or study the language. His train trip was great, as he briefly met the Golden Trio and the Slytherin riff-raff. I thought it was fitting that Ed lost his temper and just left to go find some peace and quiet, but that turned out to be not he best thing for him by the time the train was stopped prematurely. Yikes! If Harry is a real treat for the Dementors, then Ed is a gourmet meal.

The scenes of Ed entering Hogwarts' great hall and onward was wonderful. I loved how you captured Ed's sense of wonder and surprise at what he was seeing, and when he found out what kind of school this place was. Ed, by the age of 15 , had seen a lot of freaky, weird things in Amestris, but he still attributed all of that to being related to alchemy, so he could deal with it. But for him to have to confront a society of magic-users, it's no wonder he had such a hard time with it at first I loved the interactions between Ed and the teachers while at the feast, especially Poppy fussing over him. Ed's definitely a tough person, having been through so much in his life, but still, dementors are supposed to have such an awful affect on people they target, so I wanted to see Poppy dote on him about his condition, and you delivered. But then for him to have to go right to a little informal interrogation, of sorts, poor Ed! Having to stand up for himself, being all alone among a bunch of foreign wizards, and still being reminded he'll always be seen as second best, compared to his deserter of a fsther. I thought Ed handled himself very well, all things considerd. Finally, the chapter ended on a funny note, with Ed meeting rhe Weasley twins - totally epic! I loved how the twins got a kick out of Ed's alchemy, even when he was brushing them off. That's so Ed!

All in all, I loved the long chapter, it was full of details, and you captured all the characrers very well. The addition of Edward fit right into the Prisoner of Azkaban story perfectly. Nice job!
CressidaRene chapter 1 . 3/31
Well, this certainly is one of the most promising FMA/Harry Potter crossovers I've read in awhile. I like how you wrote this with a feeling for the Harry Potter books, and laying the groundwork for the reason why Ed will eventually be brought to Hogwarts, rather than just rushing in with Ed right away. Even though the time differential between Amestris time and England is not addressed, the story is so well written, I don't mind it. I rationalized it by figuring if Amestris is a very closed-off, segregated country, they could have established their own calendar, so the years don't match the rest of the modernized world, and it would also explain Amestris' lack of technology. I know this story was finished awhile ago, but I still wanted to leave a review or two to thank you for a great entry into one of my favorite fanfic categories!
Phantom Flickering Gundam-Ryuu chapter 3 . 3/8
XD Nice! Ed got the Whomping Willow's respect!
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 9 . 2/16
Hahaha, so much chocolate. xD
...uh ohhh, ed's in trouble now. Winry's gonna smack him so hard with her wrench. :P
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 8 . 2/16
...These kids are so damn NOSY.
I mean, for one, how INSENSITIVE is it to basically ask a guy, "oh hey, what exactly WAS that mutilated corpse that appeared when the boggart showed you your worst fear?" ...I mean, seriously?
...I just want someone to smack some sense into these twerps. Egads. So oblivious.
x.x

...Umm, other than that, this is a fun story so far. :P
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 6 . 2/16
Hahaha! Whoops. *bounces off barrier*

this is an interesting story so far. :)
IAmMurphy'sLaw chapter 5 . 1/17
As much as I would love to continue reading this story, I just can't. This story has immense amounts of potential, but the way its written is too distracting for me.

I like where you're going with the story and how you're handling Ed's classes and things. I think his friendship/mentorship with the twins is wonderful. I really do think your story has the ability to be amazing, it just needs some help is all.

For starters, some of the names are spelled wrong like, "Patsy" should be "Pansy" (if you're referring to Pansy Parkinson) and "Rubius" should be "Rubeus". I also spotted some misspelled words as well, like "your" instead of "you're", just little things like that.

I suggest (in the nicest way I know how) that you get an editor or go over the story yourself. You have walls of text that need to be separated properly and sentences that seem like you started writing one thing, and then changed your mind, wrote something else, and forgot to delete the first thing. You also have some characters, like Snape and Mustang and sometimes Dumbledore going out of character.

If you'd like someone to edit your story for you, my inbox is always open. I hope this didn't come off too harsh or anything. I really just want to help.
Wulf chapter 32 . 12/26/2014
Neat facts. It makes me think Ed would be Slytherin, what with his drive and all. (Although, Mustang did plan to assassinate the Fuehrer, so..?)
TMNTfan101 chapter 10 . 10/31/2014
Its Sirus not Serious
TMNTfan101 chapter 8 . 10/31/2014
HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm reading this and its halloween :)
Maxxus Herald chapter 13 . 10/25/2014
Okay, I think my biggest issues so far are that it seem that a bunch of plot important things in FMA: Brotherhood just sort of... didn't happen in this fic. Like the part where Hoenheim tells his kids about the Xerces and the homunculus that came to be known as father.

Since the part in the last episode where Ed practically proposes to Winry takes place 2 years after the rest of the show, I guess that's understandable, but...