Reviews for With Ties
Anarchy.For.Her.Chaos chapter 1 . 11/9/2018
Hi there! This one shot got me thinking about love and loyalty, as well as what constitutes betrayal. I had to go back and re-read certain sections before I made up my mind.

I feel like, out of all of the main characters, Edward had it the worst. First, he got beat out by Emmett for the girl, and probably knew all along that Emmett wasn't capable of being monogamous, therefore he didn't deserve Bella. Secondly, as Emmett's best friend, he was probably upholding the sacred bro code, while simultaneously harboring guilt and resentment; guilt for Bella's sake and resentment towards Emmett. Thirdly, he was probably in love with Bella and had to witness her loving the "cheating scum". Poor Edward!

Now, I'm not trivializing the pain and grief Bella endured, but she got her cleanish break and the ability to redefine herself. That's beautiful.

Emmett, however, can suck it.

As the owner of a 3 month old kitten, I have to say that the stunt Jessica pulled was a little selfserving. She probably felt guilty that she couldn't be there as often for her sister, and wanted to cheer her up. However, having a small kitten forced on you when you're not prepared is a lot.

How you managed to convey a broad spectrum of emotions in less than 20k words is unfathomable to me!

This was amazing!

XOXO Anarchy
Mylisssa chapter 1 . 5/29/2018
Not sure how I missed reading this one. Perfect from start to finish for the contest. Your words are always inspiring. The flow, the emotion, the imagery, always amazing.
Nate chapter 1 . 3/19/2018
This was written so long ago! I hope you are alive and healthy and doing well. I dont know if you'll ever read this but i hope you are still writing. Please keep writing. You are one of the best in this site. I wish "Something True" was a published work because i want to keep it with me all the time. Thank you for sharing your work. Much love.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/6/2017
I don't understand how Bella can be with a guy that knew for years probably that bellas husband was cheating on her and he didn't fucking tell her. He let Emmett make a fool out of Bella FOR YEARS. He let Bella WASTE YEARS OF HER LIFE.

To me, Edward in this story is undateable.
Debs chapter 1 . 7/17/2017
So very very sweet and hopeful. Thank you.
Cina's chapter 1 . 5/10/2017
What a great story. I loved you Bella didn't give in to the "re-bound " right away. Glad it worked out for them both.
Toni Masen chapter 1 . 1/26/2017
Why oh why do we humans find it so hard to communicate with each other? If only Edward had spoken up that night and let her know he liked her too...head...wall...bang! The Co-op versus Whole Foods...hmmmm! Now that was funny. :-) Super story, just wish it was longer.
yayasimone chapter 1 . 10/12/2016
Well written. Realistic, well, as realistic as perfect Edward can be.
mommymac0508 chapter 1 . 8/18/2016
I loved it it was heartbreaking but she found hope of a new life again thank you
ChoFuSa chapter 1 . 2/21/2016
Great story! I hope you will keep writing.
roseberrygirl chapter 1 . 9/2/2015
God that was gut wrenching, Em was such a pig. I had alarm bells ringing from the moment that Rose first covered for Bella, at the cheap cost of the three next major holidays, what a massive bitch she was.

Edward, god, that was amazing, the writing was subtle, nuanced and divine!
Lessons chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
Beautifully composed, and with such emotion that I felt everything as I read...you're a very talented writer!
sarahway chapter 1 . 2/9/2015
This was absolutely beautiful.
MusetteBlanchard chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
I can see now that your prize was well deserved.
I am in awe of your ability of putting in poesy what in other's writing could be simply ... words. You didn't use metaphors, you pick up ... sensations and turn them into emotions, feelings.
The power of your words carried me away from somewhere I was hiding to someplace I'd rather be.
It was difficult to touch ground again but at least, like Julia Donaldson's poem says "I have a book inside me".
Thank you.
meelee72 chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
Cool the way u rearranged the pairings, somewhat
- Real life stuff here.