Reviews for With Ties
BelleBiter chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
You perfectly capture how being the innocent one in a betrayal does not - at first - allow you to feel any better than than the person who feels guilty. And you absolutely nail how humiliating facing other people's behaviour can be as the consequence of someone else's act of selfishness.

Then there's this:
"I feel him where he is and where he isn't and where he just was."

Beautiful writing; and in one small sentence, we know who is going to be ok and who is going to leave the more lasting mark.
radar1230 chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Such a beautiful, moving, and real story from you. Congrats on the win, it is well deserved. :)
left in bits chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Oh, I loved this entry. I love all your work.
Capricorn75 chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Believey, this was so amazing. The writing style felt different from your previous works, but your trademark heart and soul and feels and realness were there as always. Of course this won the judge's and public votes. How could it not?
MsLiss chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
wow that was super complicated and brave of Bella
Because I'm disappointed in Edward and I don't know if I could get past that
I know life is like this sometimes, murky water
Cullenosopy chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
I did not read any other story in the contest. After reading yours, I can see why it won. It's that good.

Thank you!
Kitty Bad chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
This story is so amazing to me. A 12000 word count limit, and yet you manage to create true, realistic hurt, quiet heartbreak and then give them an ending that really feels sincerely happy and hopeful. So many moments in this say everything without explicitly spelling it out, and I *love* that.

I've missed your words, Believey. I can never have enough of them.
OhGeeFantasy chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Wonderful! I enjoyed this immensely. I love the strings tied on their pinkies at the end...they both deserve the happiness that will come from loving one another.
xo
Gee
HollBeth chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Wow. So beautifully written. I especially loved the part where she talks if feeling Edward where he had been and where he is all at once. Your gift with words is, as always, a marvel and a treat. It's so easy to feel what you write.

I'm relieved she realized it was repulsive for Emmett to feel relieved at her denying herself Edward. Yes, of course I wanted them together; I had believed Edward appeared to hate her because he only wanted her so badly (Love, Actually). But more than that, I wanted her to realize she need not give Emmett the power to squash her happiness, even in unspoken ways. Yes, there are ties, but they're not untangleable knots...except, perhaps, the one around her pinky. I'm glad she chose herself. I'm glad she realized Edward was worth the choosing.
staceleo chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
It was so very lovely, painful, beautiful and real. Wonderful story and congratulations!
singlegrlmusing chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
I saw that you won on twitter and went to the contest page to read right away. Beautiful story!
lea1711 chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Oh gosh. All the feels. This was extraordinary. So, so good!
TrulyOutrageous chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
So Gooooood
majose chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
I loved this entry. I am happy to learn is yours!
Maplestyle chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Ohhhhhhhhhhh I loved this in the contest! Thanks for sharing!
120 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8