Reviews for CTU Minneapolis
Christina Miller too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 6/15/2003
"How do you know I'm not the Christ and Savior?"

"Turn this into wine."

Hehe, VERY clever! I like what you've done here. Your characters are actually original: Alex Bowman is not Jack Bauer v. 2.0, Arthur Frost is not George Mason recycled, Sonja Gilmour is not Nina Myers with a different name.

I don't mind the story not having a 24 feel. In my opinion, it adds to the originality. While I agree that the humor is inconsistent with the seriousness of the concept, I enjoy a little comedy.

Kudos to you for the real time format. It's difficult, I've tried. So far, I have only one nitpick: Ebola would not be the best choice for a biological weapon, as it is only spread by body fluids and is not airborne.
JackSands chapter 1 . 5/12/2003
The concept rocks! I love it. Its a very good 24 fanfic. The only problem I can think of is you TELL and not show. Other than that its great.

Don't tell what characters think, show it with how they behave.
jason storm chapter 2 . 4/19/2003
Excelent storyline and good originality. This is best story about "24". Write more
Aenea chapter 2 . 3/11/2003
Two reviews in one day!

The pace slowed down a little in this chapter, which was a definite improvement (if your first chapter had any faults it was that everything happened a bit too fast). I'm really looking forward to reading what happens next- I'm glad that the characters arent just recycled versions of the original 24 characters. I realise that it would take a long time to write each of these chapters, but I'll be looking forward to reading the next one soon.

P.S. ARGH! Another cliffhanger!
Aenea chapter 1 . 3/11/2003
I can't believe this only has 5 reviews! It deserves about 100 times that many- I dont normally read stories with main OCs, but this caught my eye, so I started to was captivated.

You've developed some great characters, already had a few plot twists and handled the time format with ease. This story is going straight to my favourites list- I cant wait to read more!
Bones1 chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
With the expection of the realtime storyline and Counter Terrorist Unit, this spin-off story has more of a CSI feel than a 24 feel. The CTU Minneapolis version of Jack Bauer, Alex Bowman, is more of super-sleuth investigator rather than an action hero agent. I was looking for more classic signatures of 24 within CTU Minneapolis. Instead, I was reading a recycled 24 Season 2 conspiracy plot. I would like to have seen a character similar to Palmer, maybe the Mayor of CTU Minneapolis. CTU should have alerted the Mayor by 1:30 latest. Give the Mayor his own subplot, forget about Rick. I also think you pulled Officer Ted in CTU too early. I would like to have seen Ted get involved in some action-packed investigation. You're letting us know too much about the bad guys too early. Surround us with some mystery.

However, the story is well written. Although, I felt some characters were being a little too humours during a serious crisis. I like consistency in the media.
jd burns chapter 2 . 12/30/2002
vivid imagery. Truth be told, I prefer prose over script writing anyway!

There is defintely plenty of twists and turns in this tale!
All Mighty Terrestrial chapter 2 . 11/8/2002
Still good, still wanting you to write more!
Admiral chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
An excellent job. Suspenseful, well written, held my interest. Take your time but please finish this.
All Mighty Terrestrial chapter 1 . 10/5/2002
COOL! Very interesting. Keep up with the juggling multiple plot threads and flesh out your characters a little more and you've got yourself a winner.