Reviews for The Bloody Ashikabi
ManticoreBlues chapter 34 . 11/23
sad to see this discontinued but I understand. lack of motivation or other possible factors are generally crippling when you're a writer from what I've seen as well as my pathetic one time attempt at writing fanfics. I started having a harder time reading this around the beggining of the Hogwarts arc so I'm assuming that's also around the time your struggles probably started? I absolutely love the idea of this fanfic and your writing is really good, I'd love to see a partial or maybe full rewrite eventually if you ever find another spark for this storyfor now I'll just have to check out any other fanfics you might've written
ASD Fictions chapter 1 . 9/23
"His Aunt had a bad habit of burning him whenever he made a mistake" she did that to probably to make it that he just wouldn't try anything anymore
Perhaps the fact that you need to explain your actions in the story to what appears to be majority reviewers means that the readers don’t pay close enough attention to the story,
Or…
the actions of your characters don’t quite match what you claiming them to be.

Just food for some thought, otherwise very interesting story despite the fact it that Harry Potter has been steadily getting more OP until this chapter where he suddenly is average.
frankiebayer2002 chapter 25 . 9/3
Plz update soon
The.Last.Prophet.123 chapter 35 . 8/25
shame to see it go like this
ctang chapter 35 . 7/12
Not sure if you still around, but I just want to say that I very much enjoyed this fic, even though you can't continue it. And unlike so many others who just leave unfinished fic hanging, you gave us a summary. That is why despite knowing you won't be finishing it, I read it (after having read your other work)

After reading 30 chapters, I could almost see snippets of scenes corresponding to your summary. E.g. I have this image of Karasuba clinging to Harry just after being 'revived', and I can almost hear Karasuba speaking to her Harry-chan, seeking comfort. That's a tribute to your writing that it makes enough of an impression to invoke these images.

I hope you will write again. I look forward to that possibility.
Kamishiro Ryuu chapter 34 . 7/12
At first I wanted to upset, but then I thought, and I realized that because of the death of Rin still did not want to read further ... I really didn't like the whole part with the tournament, as too much empty screams of characters on each other and actions outside character. But the first 25 chapters were really good for a number of small problems.
Kamishiro Ryuu chapter 29 . 7/12
"Demonstration", namely their training battle looks ridiculous. But I must agree that the "weighing of the wands" in the original was even more ridiculous. :)
Kamishiro Ryuu chapter 25 . 7/12
Where is the logic? They have no paper with his name he wrote personally. He is even no longer Potter. I knew that the author would make this trick, but it is such a disappointment. Why not throw the name of any person in the cup and he will lose magic, simply without telling it that it is necessary to compete in something.
Rodenrook chapter 2 . 7/6
Didn’t Harry already know about the dark magic in his scar?
I half expected harry to rip olivander apart or threaten to kill him if he refered to him as "potter" one more time after the second uttering...but nope, harry just let's it slide after correcting him the first 2 times. Then towards the end olivander called him mr potter in rapid successions...with no counter from harry at all. I know the story's dropped or on a permanent hiatus. But so far it's been a great read. Even if I'm seeing more and more hiccups in the story,
Li-Ion89 chapter 1 . 7/1
Karasuba weirdo
Brom Stormcaster chapter 35 . 5/10
This story was going so well only for it to end so suddenly is extremely disappointing
helrio uzugaku chapter 35 . 5/6
Wow, damn shame the story wasn't finished.

Nothing to be ashamed of, of course. Stuff like this happens.

But for what it's worth I'll provide commentary on what is here.

For the record I don't sugarcoat my reviews and I try to stay neutral when providing commentary so writers and readers alike can see the review in the spirit it was given. A measure of constructive criticism.

The beginning was a little wonky, the spirit of the fic was obvious. A neglect story with the potential for a very dark protagonist. I don't think yume would have stopped trying to show harry the love he never had even with karasuba running interference. The fact we haven't seen her in a fair few chapters suggests she was never to be a protagonist and not even a side character. But she could have served a much better purpose than fading to obscurity like what was shown. She could have continued trying to show Harry a mother's love even after his rejection of her and died during the rescue attempt of musubi and kaho. There's a lot that could be up for Harry's interpretation. But I believe it would have opened the door to approaching akitsu more meaningful than what was written.

I could go on but there's simply not enough space to go over everything in 1 review. So I'll cut it short.

This fic is a great one, unfinished though it may be. Being the only fic in this branch of it's kind that actually exceeded 200k words is what beckond me to trying this fic. But the story kept me coming back for more. It's my hope that one day the author will revisit this fic and find the spark they had for it again. I will hope, but I will not persist.

The protagonists were rather dynamic, a bit more would have been nice to see from each of them. Harry was discussed in depth, the effort was visibly made with karasuba to be more in depth in the beginning than later on in the fic. Akitsu and homura were a bit left out in comparison so keep that in mind in the future. Equal attention to all consistent characters is a gift that keeps on giving because it indirectly opens up potential paths for the story to take. Something I think would have made the fic more dazzling than it was.

I feel the story fell into stereotypes near the end which hurts the fic a bit. But it's easy to see, in my perspective, why it did. But it could just be me that sees it that way. Mentioned above it was likely because the returning characters weren't as dynamic as they were near the beginning of the story. The story was strained a bit between stereotypes that other neglect fics created and the gradual degradation of character development.

Overall I enjoyed the story but it had it's faults. Like it or hate it I guess it doesn't matter. I sincerely hope the fic is revisited and revised but, again, I won't persist. Till next time.
Lordlexx chapter 2 . 4/22
Why are most of the stories that have alivePotters bashing stories against them? I mean, I get why there would be some resentment in Harry's current situation but to decide at fucking 7 that he wants to drop all ties with them before even trying to understand their situation just sounds like a petulant child throwing a fit.
4,005 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »