Reviews for The British Reformation
abbysbazil chapter 11 . 20h
Well, I like your writing style. I your early fic, Accidental Bond too. I personally don't like how you portray Hermione-shes clearly not the canon Hermione-but I get it for your story. Tho I don't know why you had Ginny explain it to Hermione if the smartest witch in her class wasn't or couldn't do anything about. That part of you story kept nagging me which kept me from really delving in. While I do like canon Hermione, I hope I didn't come off as biased.
Mionefan chapter 11 . 5/24
Well, I must say it's at least well written, although I'm not a fan of what you did to Hermione. Other authors have also treated her somewhat harshly, and I'm afraid I don't like that. Even JKR admitted that she got the pairings wrong. Aside from that, even though I read your profile notes on Ginny, I will probably never be a fan of her. She was spoiled by Molly, who I have grown to hate, admittedly through fan stories, but even canon shows her to have a bad temper. Like mother, like daughter. Harry/Ginny would never make it to my top list of stories to read. JKR dropped the ball on that one. Hermione and Ron? I agree with you there...a bad idea! Ron, even in canon is simply a slacker and baring a few worthwhile scenes just doesn't make the grade. Many plot holes that JKR left, allows authors to thrive on their own re-interpretation of her works.
thewingman96 chapter 1 . 5/4
The story was great until the epilogue. Harry taking away their magic was a completely wrong move and his explanation only made it worse. He's pissed off at a few people so the entire country has to suffer. And thag dialogue- "At least you didn't die" was complete crap and narcissistic
Jimbocous chapter 11 . 4/3
Thanks for yet another great (re)read!
Saissa chapter 12 . 3/10
Brilliant Story! I think I like the second ending - the omake ending.
I think Ginny needs to be with Harry just as much as Fleur does.
Hello! Nice going with this story. Just so you know, 'Bienvenue' does mean 'Welcome', but 'You're welcome' translates as 'De rien' which literally means 'its nothing'. But that's just a detail.
What's the point of trying to reform Magical Britain? For all intents and purposes, it doesn't exist anymore, with the entire population neutered magically. Arbitrarily, Harry decided that stripping 50,000 magicals of the vast usable portion of their magic and forcing them to adopt a new way of life was the best way to go (IDK why you threw in the whole reforming OWLs and NEWTs part, seeing as how basically no student can pass the tests regardless of knowledge due to lack of power to cast needed spells). Heck, there aren't even any studies on the long term effects of the method and whether it would reduce or eliminate magical capacity in future generations. The Minestrial Death Penalty would've honestly been a better option for magical Britain. It's funny that Harry wants a more fair Ministry in Britain when he's effectively gotten rid of the need for one.
Excellent story!
I liked the Omake ending the best, although BOTH were very good.
I enjoy reading your stories.
Thanks for sharing.
a.vago chapter 12 . 12/30/2016
Like Your story very much - thanks!
You have mentioned - Your Fleur actually ;-) a third possibility that she hoped Her sister taking care of the problem of 2nd family line... Instead of Ginny!
Could You write Us that alternative universe too, please?
:-D
noreenklose chapter 1 . 12/29/2016
Abi gezunt dos leben ken men zikh ale mol nemen

? ? ? Neither Bing Translate nor Google translate gives a translation.
Both "detect" it as Dutch, but will NOT translate it into English.

I liked the short story, but it would be more understandable as a full-fledged story.
Thanks for writing, it was EXTREMELY interesting. . .but it needs more information (chapters) to totally understand what is going on.
Michikame chapter 5 . 11/15/2016
i'm really enjoying this so far, but i just want to mention that 'bienvenue' is 'welcome', so:
harry: thank you
healer: welcome [to the hospital? france?]
perhaps it would be 'de rien'?
Deathmvp chapter 12 . 11/9/2016
Gret story here. I realy liked how you handled this story. While I normaly do not like Ginny with him I do think the Omake is the better ending for this story.

One thing if you ever go back and edit it and want Harry one a little more "good" side here is a small change you can make. In the 10 year skip have it show that the younger the person was the more to what would have been the normal they get. The reason can becouse thier core was still growing and so while lower then what it would have been the amount that they would have still grown was not effected.
darrelldeam chapter 12 . 11/5/2016
Thank you, great story. In answer to your question as to which ending I prefer; both of them! I think that the contrast between them is important to really understand them.
Lily Luna Snape Riddle chapter 12 . 11/2/2016
Still love the original Fleur/Harry ending!
zeps9001 chapter 11 . 11/1/2016
This story would have worked with something like 'Harry sent to Azkaban'. In those stories he is betrayed by friends and suffers in them. But in this? He chose average friends and throws a temper tantrum when they ignore couple of his letters. And overreacts like a small spoiled child. There was no betrayal and his super high standards that everybody needs to go fighting in the streets when Voldemorts using gorilla tactics with quick isolated attacks. There was no war, so that excuse doesn't work.

This was shit, full of inconsistencies and hypocrisy. It maybe would have been ok if this was dark Harry and did that to spite them. But you spent too much time of trying to justify his actions. He's like a kid who goes to school with a gun and starts shooting. He kills the 5 people who bullied him and injures the rest 300 of them and justifies as 'they didn't stop them'. How is that ok? You have fucked up moral system.
1,055 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »