Reviews for The British Reformation
Hamilton chapter 12 . 8/29
Not sure what to think of this story... I like the 'ICW steps in' solution to the Voldemort problem, I can see why Harry wouldn't really care if most of magical Britain suffered from it, but I don't understand his decision on who were his 'real' friends. The twins, for their extra effort in writing him, OK. The three chasers, if simply for being friends on his Quidditch team, yes, but here it's only because they once asked 'how are you?' after the DoM debacle. They seem to have it very easy compared to the Ministry Six, who just a month ago showed they stood with Harry. So let's look how those 5 did. Ginny after reading her three sincere letters, sure, but Neville and Luna (both not under pressure from Dumbledore and the Order) only sent him one 'normal' holiday letter each, nothing very special.
But Ron and Hermione get a very raw deal. Their not writing is disappointing because they had done the whole 'do not contact him' thing last year and seen the results, perhaps you can ask a bit more of them then you expect from 'newcomers' Ginny, Luna and Neville, but to throw away 5 years of friendship because of that? Ron may not have tried very hard, but I think it is a bit of a boy thing anyway to think "oh well, we'll meet again in a few weeks when school starts and then we'll catch up", so he's not really out of character. Ron lives from day to day. Your treatment of Hermione I really don't get. Either you want to portray her as really not interested anymore (because I cannot believe she wouldn't think of the Fleur/Fleur's parents/Gringotts ways of contacting Harry, once she realised an 'extra effort' is what Harry wants), but that's not how you write her, or else she deserves at least as much credit as Lee, Katie, Alicia and Angelina. She seemed to be really sorry, I do not buy the 'always hiding behind the back of an adult' condemnation. If anything, her 'Dumbledore knows best' (not as Headmaster, but as Leader in the fight who knows things others don't) should be cause to give her some slack.
lightskiller chapter 7 . 8/27
a new and interesting direction in the world of harry potter
BarbedCaress chapter 12 . 8/22
I like the Omake best.
But I like the story overall too.
Always wondered why there was not a 'nuclear option' to deal with Voldy. Something that was possible, but so cataclysmic that many, like Ron, would rather drag out a civil war for decades.
Well Done!
Athan Winter chapter 12 . 8/13
For another time... Septimus is Arthur's father and Cedrella his mother.
Athan Winter chapter 6 . 8/13
"built in morality" all morality is taught by society or should that be forced on us by society. Humans are animals and predators. If we do something a wolf, tiger or any other animal would not do then it was because it was forced on us by society.

Murder, rape, fucking whoever we want... that is natural. It is found in nature, but society frowns on it so therefore it is wrong. But it is still natural. Rape is found in nature... In Antarctica seals rapes king penguins. Lions, wolves, tigers and other animals kill other animals even their own species (lion killing lions), so murder is natural (found in nature). Very very few animals are monogamous, they fuck around - ergo being a slut is natural.
Athan Winter chapter 2 . 8/13
Isn't America the only country who do not use the metric system?
VampWolf Girl 4Ever chapter 12 . 7/31
I love this story, i prefer the omake ending but i like the original ending as well, i had a little trouble reading this story as i felt it was being dragged out a little, but i like the plot and think you did an amazing job of conveing your story
thepkrmgc chapter 11 . 7/27
yay for happy endings! this is probably the best Fleur fic ive ever read, though it isnt the most common pairing
thepkrmgc chapter 10 . 7/27
brilliant execution of the anti magic ward: and the aftermath is even better then this fics high standards
thepkrmgc chapter 9 . 7/27
so its more of an EMP then a nuke: its good to see that reasonable efforts are being taken to evacuate the innocent
thepkrmgc chapter 8 . 7/27
props to the icw and goblins for taking action: though the ministerial death penalty has the advantage of not indescriminatly affecting noncombatents (as much as any war does)
thepkrmgc chapter 7 . 7/27
im not really sure what the ward/superweapon is, but while its a nuclear option, im not sure if it wouldnt be best for the whole wizarding society to go up in flames
thepkrmgc chapter 6 . 7/27
nice job being mature about harry and fleurs developing relationship, its good to see that ginny and co are being good friends (though I would prefer if they didnt advance past that point)
thepkrmgc chapter 5 . 7/27
I wonder if some of harry's freinds wont recognize harry without his glasses, and if harry can be persuaded to write to those who didnt betray him
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 7/27
its good to see that dumbles and the order isnt manipulative/malicious: though their negligence borders on criminal