Reviews for A Brand New World
Chippers chapter 40 . 7/31
Interesting perspective. There are some seriously dysfunctional aspects to the relationships on TBBT, and it's good to see them being addressed.
SereniteRose chapter 6 . 7/4
i love the first six pages and I agree, it does make them human mistakes and all.
ElysiumPhoenix chapter 40 . 6/21
This is a brilliant story that I've thoroughly enjoyed reading.
This story is so good, I love the character growth and depictions. Rene really bothers me though. You have everything so realistic and grounded, and yet you have a character like her that makes no sense at all. It would have been so much more believable if she'd done what a real therapist would do and recommended a trusted colleague to counsel her friends.
dixie326 chapter 1 . 2/15
Personally I think Penny went too easy on them given what they were saying about her behind her back, especially Leonard. If my boyfriend ever made a comment to our group of friends that I don't go without sex for three weeks and then further maligned my character by using that as the proof that I was cheating, I would've done much worse to him than what she did.
I really like what you have done so far. Everything you have written is exactly what I have thought of while watching this show. I have often wondered how, Leonard who claims to be in love with Penny, could so easily fall into bed with another woman. The funny thing about how the show has depicted Leonard is that he is an awkward geek who has a horrible time getting a date, only to then have him be in relationships with women who shouldn't give him the time of day. I get that it is supposed to be a comedy and it is just a tv show, but it often seems the writers are contradicting themselves.
It's about time someone had Penny say these things. Good job.
Ryszarius chapter 40 . 11/19/2016
Damn! I honestly didn't come into this story expecting it to be as good as it was, but damn! I really enjoyed it so thanks for writing it!
tselea chapter 40 . 9/10/2016
Powerfully written!
PleaseDisregard chapter 36 . 8/9/2016
"Immediately goes into therapist mode". It would have been nice if she'd gone into "therapist mode" when Sheldon contacted her and scheduled and appointment to see him instead of going to his office and making his coworkers believe he was cheating on Penny. I agree with some of the other reviewers, Rene is unprofessional. If this was the real world, she'd be sanctioned in a heartbeat and no board would be overwhelmed by her high I.Q. her quirky attitude. They'd just strip her of her ability to be a practicing therapist.
featherdusterpixie chapter 1 . 7/31/2016
i LOVE your work!
GO PENNY!
PleaseDisregard chapter 35 . 7/13/2016
I'm sorry to harp on this, but I keep hoping that Rene will go away. There are severe boundary crossings having her as Penny's therapist AND friend. The whole story is about Penny growing stronger and seeing how she's been mistreated and mistreated others, and yet her own therapist isn't treating her with the respect of a professional. I love how you are having Penny and Sheldon grow and come together, but having a licensed therapist actively engaging with a patient outside of the office is just... if she was just written as Penny's friend who happened to be a therapist, then great. But her talking to Penny about her own problems and insinuating herself in Penny's private life... it's not right, not ethical, and I'm not even sure if it's legal. She seems to be taking just as much advantage of Penny as Amy and the rest of the crew did.
PleaseDisregard chapter 22 . 7/12/2016
I'm confused... is Rene meant to be charming or endearing? Maybe I'm just not far enough into the story yet to get it, maybe she turns into a really lovable character. So far though, she's obnoxious. And not in a neurotic Sheldon-y way. She's just annoying to me. Hopefully, she'll be minor from this point on because the rest of the story is really good.
together25x3 chapter 40 . 9/14/2015
Great story!
Mischief101 chapter 40 . 5/14/2015
I decided to reread a few of your stories. I started reading this one, got almost halfway done and realized I'd never finished it. I don't know why i didn't finish it the last time I read it but it was a nice little treat for me. It was amazing as all your stories are (at least the ones I've read, which is a lot) Thank you for sharing your stories.