Reviews for What Happened to the Miserables
JessieUniverse chapter 1 . 8/31
ITS ME, BACK AT IT AGAIN, I LITERALLY RE-READ ALL OF YOUR CHAPTERS OF THIS AND YOU ORIGINAL STORY,,,,,,,,,, OMGGGGGOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD YESSSSS I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH YOUR STORY LITERALLY GIVES. ME. LIFE. I BREATHE YOUR STORY. I CANT WAIT FOR YOUR NEXT CHAPTER MMMMMMMMMMMMMM THAT BBRAE IM GOING TO SOB I LOVE THEIR SHIP. BUT I LOVE YOUR WRITING MORE OKAY? ITS FANTASTIC AND BEAUTIFUL, THIS ENTIRE PLOT AND ALL OF ITS COMPONENTS ITS JUST. FUCKING. AMAZING, I'M SO EXCITED TO WHAT YOU'LL DO NEXT! KEEP IT UP! :) :) :) :) :) (Apparently I can't upload a review on the same chapter twice, so I'm gonna do it over here!)
TheFoolOnMelancholyHill chapter 17 . 8/12
My poor, poor Kori. Even though the situation was heart-breaking on both sides, I'm glad that she went through with it; Kori learning to love herself really made my heart swell, because the poor girl could use this self-confidence booster. Although their relationship may be flayed, I have faith that Richard will come through and not commit such a heinous act on Slade. I'm glad Kori and Alfred had a scene together - their dialect is really fascinating to read through even if the circumstances were sour.

I really like that you incorporated Starfire's strength from the show in a realistic way that gives Kori so much depth. It makes sense that her isolation and anger one day led to her snapping. Although the girl is so kind, her mistreatment definitely validates this anger and her recoil from her own strength.

Jinx and Rachel's interaction was everything I could've hoped for - the two had some great memorable lines along with a nice heartfelt moment. I loved it. The two really are paralleling one another in circumstance, and I'm glad they've taken these baby steps.
JessieUniverse chapter 17 . 8/12
*CLINK* Did you hear that? That was the sound of my BROKEN SHATTERED HEART! YOUR WRITING WAS SO BEAUTIFUL IN THIS CHAPTER, EVERY TIME I'M MORE AND MORE IMPRESSED THAT YOU'RE NOT A NUMBER ONE BEST SELLING AUTHOR YET! I don't have a very exciting, happy life, but this story is my favourite, and it always cheers me up :) I like to put myself in Rachel's p.o.v because she's always been my favourite by far! Thank you so much for this masterpiece, keep on writing, and I really look forward to your next chapter!

Always,
Your Number One Fan! 3 3 3
Miss geek chapter 17 . 8/12
Freaking amazing I love ur titan stories I felt it was going to end up that way with kori and rich she still much like her character in the first story so I get ur point pls update when u can
Destroyman chapter 17 . 8/12
Nice chapter as always, I gotta admit I felt really bad for Richard during this, probably more than I should have. I look forward to seeing how he'll react to hearing he's being stripped of his leadership position though, I honestly wouldn't blame him if he just goes rogue at that point. ...Maybe as Red X?
Krizti chapter 17 . 8/12
I love this story to bits. You are a really good author. Loved reading the update. Keep up the great job!
vi chapter 14 . 8/8
your story is good and you are a cool author and keep it up and please update soon I can't wait to see what happens next.
JessieUniverse chapter 16 . 7/24
UGH YESS BBRAE FLUFF I'M LIVING FOR THIS! THANK YOU SO MUCH YOUR WORK IS AMAZING AS ALWAYS AND KEEP IT UP I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU HAVE IN STORE FOR THESE 6! ;)
littlewonderlandgirl chapter 16 . 7/21
Oh my god, that was the cutest thing ever!
vosty88 chapter 16 . 7/18
Saludos de Colombia , buena historia o excelente diría yo jajajaja . Esperar por los próximos capítulos y por la destrucción de las vida que se aproxima espero que no tengo violaciones :) y pobre de Garfiel ya es su suficiente con la vida de niño que tuvo como para que tenga que morir
Destroyman chapter 16 . 7/2
Wow, here's hoping all chapters could come out this quick! Nothing wrong with some nice fluff once in a while, hopefully things won't get too shitty for these poor bastards. Looking forward to finding out though, keep up the awesome work!
TheFoolOnMelancholyHill chapter 16 . 7/1
I am so thankful for the fluff, and so unthankful for whatever the heck is about to transpire in the next chapter.

I enjoyed hearing the past couple of years from Terra's perspective for a change; as Richard noted, I do think she is being sincere. She was so young, but I'm glad she can turn a new leaf and hopefully keep this positive streak going.

Vic confiding in his friends about his lady problems was absolutely golden. Aside from the fantastic humor (Gar's abrupt "holy cheese balls, you slept with her?"), Vic really got some meaningful advice from Rachel at the end there. It really does suck when you've fallen head over heels for your polar opposite - even more so when you're on the nice side of the spectrum and they're on the volatile one. This shows through his tumultuous thoughts when he doesn't necessarily want to throw Jinx under the bus, but he was totally right in wanting to vent. Also, I was just as surprised as Rachel when Gar used "forlorn" correctly in a sentence. How magical.

Quick side note that you might want to consider: being as though the Titans are American-based, I'm not sure if spelling mother like "mum" gets across the location right. Obviously it's just a dialect preference, but you may want to consider using "mom", if not for Gar's thoughts, then at least when he is speaking aloud to someone. Dunno, take my nit picky criticism with a grain of salt.

The last few scenes really enveloped my heart in a distant kind of happiness - as if you're staring at rays of sunshine and happy kids through a window, complacent with just observing and reflecting. It's crazy how much a newborn life can really put into perspective your own; Gar had some very deep sentiments, and it warmed my heart to see him wanting to convince Rachael to live for the magical good bits. The girl could use that sort of optimism. In addition, I think she also served as a lens for us readers to gaze through and really heed Gar's words, because it was such beautiful advice that we all could learn to try in this day and age.

During and after the last scene, I honestly felt the beginning of tears well through me. There wasn't any wetness in my eyes, but the lump in my throat was definitely there. And for moments like that, I say to always keep writing.

Not like you're gonna quit anytime soon, as we've established from your future profession ;)
TheFoolOnMelancholyHill chapter 15 . 6/28
You wanna know something funny? Last year you updated on my birthday, and this year you updated on my mom's birthday. You're quite the birthday present-giver, eh? And I couldn't have asked for anything better. I read this right when I saw the notification, but we were in the midst of birthday festivities so I had to wait until I finally wasn't busy to post something of substance for ya.

Rachel's abhorrence for love and everything that goes along with it is very understanding from her character's perspective. I just hope she evaluates Ivy's advice and picks what's best for her (*COUGH going after Gar COUGH COUGH*). But in all seriousness, I do hope that things start looking up for Gar, even if it's something as temporary as reciprocating feelings from Rachel because lord knows what your plans are and if he'll see it through to the end of this novel. I'm biting my fingernails off as I write this, but I know that whatever direction you head in, it'll do his character justice.

Jinx's confrontation with Slade was the epitome of tension. At first I was rooting for her sarcasm and sass (the "again, I have white trash television to watch, spit it out!" line got me particularly good), but when things started heading down the shithole I started banging my head against the keyboard. However, in the fallout after this high-strung situation, I'm glad she's come to realize that the people she's protecting are in fact her friends.

Even if she's royally fucked one over-in both senses of the term.

..Which leads me to my final thoughts. Poor, poor Vic. I hope he understands that Jinx didn't mean any of what she said, I feel like there was a flicker of hope in that last shot of her lip wobbling followed by bolting out the door. These two have gotten so far, and now it's like they've gone five steps back :( Oh, and before I forget I should probably include how much I loved Jinx's banter with Vic and Vic's concern on asking permission for every little thing he did. What an absolute gentleman. When the smoke clears, I hope these two can finally work their feelings out for one another, and Jinx can finally speak the truth instead of hiding behind her mask. Such a powerful scene indeed.

Glad to see you're back. Much love and have a great week!
timokey6 chapter 5 . 6/28