Reviews for The Art
RavenSerendipity chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
I like how raven took charge and how in the end we see that cyborg was playing matchmaker... Star and rob are next.
The art of war quotes great. :)
Paradox.Peddler chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
Excellent. I was surprised actually that the format didn't bother me much. It helps that you didn't break these down into "chapters" like some would. Your characterization of Cyborg and Raven was something I particularly liked.
Aronim chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
Oh, this is simply BRILLIANT. Did not really see the final twist coming. Even your author's note misleads the reader. Well done.

The characters are perfect and I love the fact that it ends up being awkward for Rae, despite all her planning.

Can't help but feel a little sorry for Terra, she has after all already done her best to reject Beast Boy and I feel Raven seems really, really unpleasant if all of Things Change was supposed to be Raven threatening Terra.

Then again, if scaring off competition is all that is left of Rae's demonic half, then I guess everyone should feel lucky.

Lastly, thank you for keeping BB short. He should be short, but everyone wants him tall. I hate that.
LiumD chapter 1 . 5/15/2014
I have no idea how I missed this story before now. But it is perfection? Raven being the cause of Terra's reluctance to go to Beast Boy? That sheer underhanded deviousness is beyond compare.

You sir, get a gold star.
IGAF-kun chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
Loved it. I always enjoy your work.

IGAF-kun
Jozefski chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
This one's a riot!

Raven being assertive, flirtatious, and ruthlessly Machiavellian just to win BB's affection? I love it! More people need to write her like this. I didn't find it OOC at all. In fact, I think it's very fitting. You and I both know that Raven would be wearing the pants in a relationship with Beast Boy, so it's very apt that she would be the driving force attempting to instigate such a relationship.

I have an older brother in the Airforce that loves spouting quotes from Sun Tzu, Clausewitz, and Moltke (the elder, of course!). I just got him into TT and I'm sure he'd like this.

Anyway, great job! This was awesome.
ThoughtsLightAndFireAndSound chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
I love this! your writing is impeccable and just so intricate and beautiful. I really enjoy your vocabulary and the way you string your words together. you have a very refined writing style.

it was also a lot of fun reading your portrayal of a scheming Raven, haha. the calculative air she brings about is fun to play around with. and her collaboration with Cyborg was wonderful!

the plot was pretty original and full of mirth. I enjoy your sense of humor greatly too! and cool format, what with the art of war quotes and the time lapses.

it's fantastic to see you with new stuff! thanks for the good read.
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
Nicely done!

Loved, loved, LOVED your dialogue! The droll bits of repartee, the inside jokes, the subtleties ... what a fantastic effort! And it all flowed so naturally.

So all those Sun Tzu references pertained to Victor, huh? Okay, ya got me! Just another facet of a fantastic piece of writing.

This drops directly into Favorites.
dr.evil99 chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
So this is what I get for watching TT Go! all weekend and seeing a bunch of their shipper-trolling moments...

Well, also CalliopeMused mentioned this story to me, and I realized that it had been ages since I returned to my roots, so to speak. And time away has made me realize how much I do love this pairing-this was like going home again, especially since it's the work of one of the "Old Masters" of the BB/Rae ship (If you'll excuse the term.)

This story worked particularly well for me. Some people might claim Raven is OOC, but I beg to differ- the aforementioned Mrs. Mused and I have had an ongoing conversation about how in actuality, it probably would be Raven that forces the moment to its crisis regarding the two of them (at least, Raven in the show. Comic-Raven is way too passive... it is one of the things I think the show does better than the comic. And I mean the older comics... mentioning the New 52 stuff around me will cause me to Hulk out, seriously. But I digress.) Now, Gar is a pretty shameless flirt, and he talks a big game... but I think the talk runs out, eventually. Deep down, I've always felt he was too sensitive of a guy to risk hurting Raven's feelings by accidentally pushing for a relationship that she might not want, and far too insecure about losing a friend.

Raven however, since she's cast off the threat of her destiny with her father, which was something she couldn't see past for most of her life, well, now the world is her oyster. The possibilities are endless for her, and I do think that if she sees the spark, she's going to see if she can make a fire out of it. If she's sure BB feels the way he seems to, she's eventually going to take steps, and they might be drastic ones (and surprisingly aggressive ones.) All is fair in Love and War.

I love how methodical you made her here... the use of The Art of War as a device here was particularly inspired, since Raven is a huge nerd. And I wouldn't worry about writing from her POV again, you did an excellent job of not making her too dry while keeping touch with the droll humor that is her trademark. Extra points for Cyborg's little swerve at the end of things- he rarely gets enough credit for all the stuff he can do.

Seeing this pairing done so well has me itching to dust off some of the ideas I had for them that I haven't gotten around to and seeing if I still have IT with these two (if I ever had "IT" at all.) Might take me a while, because some of the ideas are a little too epic for my schedule at the moment (*cough*Dresden Files Crossover*cough*) but quality work like this reminds me why this is maybe my favorite 'ship ever. Excellent job, and thanks much.

Regards,
The Doktor
Cylor chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
In all honesty, I'm not generally one for romance fics. This one, however, is exceptionally clever and marvelously well-executed, and contrary to your opening disclaimer, I think all the characters involved are spot-on. Very nice work, indeed.
Caprichoso chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
Whoa. If this is the kind of stuff you do with it, feel free to take whatever you like from me!

Raven channeling Darth Vader. Calculating everything perfectly in order to get what she wants. Threatening and manipulating in whatever way she can. This Raven is much, much closer to comic canon than what we're allowed to see in the animated universe. I like it.

Your plot is masterful, especially with the fuzziness on who's pulling whose strings and closing each snippet with an excerpt from the Art of War. Your humor, of course, shines, as does your dialogue, description, and basically everything else. But you've already heard that from me, so I'll just say once more: great job.
JasonVUK chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
That was an amazing story _
tsk91 chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
Awesome! You're back from the dead!
BlueLion chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
I'm especially intrigued by "The Acme of Skill" - is the background to this part to be found in one of Caprichoso's stories? If so, which one?
shadowjack12345 chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
Blimey, this is good. I love a bit of wordy BBRae and I enjoyed Raven's almost ruthless courtship method. Excellent work!