Reviews for Weeping
Maiafay chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
Been meaning to review this as your interpretation of the Outsider is wonderful compared to a few others I've read here and on AO3. And that in itself is reason enough to comment :)

I had a little bit of a hard time following this in the beginning - I think disorientating is the word I'm looking for, but it fits. Hopefully you meant it that way, lol. I'm still not quite sure how they all got infected...Or why Piero took out Callista's heart (though it's implied that the Outsider had something to do with it), but overall, a definite glimpse at a dreary "what if" they all ended up as Weepers. Poor Corvo, he probably did run away with Sam and finished the Regent himself.

As for the Outsider, it bears mentioning again how well you wrote him. I need to step up my game, right? LOL. Seriously, the whole reptile comparison is spot on. He really does have this cold, calculating persona like a lizard, but also a hint of playfulness, like a cat with a toy in its paws. He also seems to get bored like a cat (as he had with Daud), when said toy keeps doing the same things over and over again.

I often wondered why he never marked Piero, but I think it was because Piero is all mental, no physical. Magic might have been wasted on someone like that. The Outsider seems to favor a balance of sorts in his playthings: Delilah, Daud, Granny Rags, and Corvo all seem to have the brains as well as brawn. Granny gets pretty physical with Corvo should he help Slackjaw - though mostly relying on mist teleporting and her "birdies". It's something worth exploring anyway, the Outsider's preferences.

Anyhoo, a tragic end for poor Piero. I tend to think after the "good ending" of Dishonored he wandered off with Sokolov and they got married. LOL. But seriously, his fate here is sad, but holds some honor. At least he ended her suffering. And soon, he won't have to endure her loss anymore.

Kinda poetic :)
The Fox Familiar chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
You're three months late, chickie. It's January.
MDGeistMD02 chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
Nice. A short melancholy AU tale; I myself prefer tales of hope and prosperity, but this one is very well written.

Your descriptions are spot on and Piero was VERY well-written. Also, yours in one of the better takes on the Outsider here... so, good job with that at well.

I also liked your description of the Void and Piero's experience there. Matches nicely with the Tale of Dunwall short, yet you put you're own unique spin and flavoring to it. Thank you for sharing this.

I hope you'll share more with us.