Reviews for Like Never Before
Chrissie chapter 8 . 4/11/2016
I know it's WAY after the fact, but I so wish you had finished this! What a wonderful story! Thank you for what you did write. :) (hope the boards went well!)
Sarai chapter 8 . 5/9/2015
I like it.
brownie bunny chapter 8 . 1/26/2011
I've never liked a deeper Jess personality before this story! I saw GG once more this week, and I really felt like bashing Jess at times, because of his weird-ass behaviour. But, here you are, providing him a motive, a brain and an awesome cool sensitive side. You cannot have given up on this story! Please tell me, that somewhere at the back of your mind, this story is still waiting to be written. Else, the world of fanfiction is being deprived of an awesome tale that, at least I, could read again and again and again, at least six times a year.

Love and Luck! :-D
Asparagales chapter 8 . 12/15/2007
Wow I just finished this and I love this story! It makes me sad because you haven't updated in over three years! I love where you have taken Rory and Paris, as well as the relationships of Rory/Jess and Paris/Brad.
AllisonSwan chapter 8 . 2/11/2007
UPDATE SOON! PUT MORE LIT SCENES
BehrBeMine chapter 8 . 1/7/2007
An *amazing*, incredible experience was had as I read through these chapters. The places you took Paris and Rory's friendship were daring, outrageous, and brave. Their relationship was tested truly enough that I *believe* in the status that they achieved, the friendship they settled into. It was well thought out, and well done.

I love the new persona that Paris has sort of stumbled into. I see so much of myself in your Paris, and I felt for her at every wrong turn, every time she tried to correct herself but didn't want to for the sake of her pride. Watching her fumbling around in the dark is a learning experience like no other, and the growth she's made over the period of this summer you've written about is incredible. It's something that I would never, ever take away from her. You've given her the first glimpses of happiness like she's never known. It shows that you love and understand this character, and desire to see her grow just as much as I do.

Overall, a stellar story. Rory and Jess' interactions were even something that I was able to enjoy, and I'll tell you right now, I am in no way a Literati. I like how you described the mold of what makes their relationship special and unique, and worth all of the trouble it took to keep it alive.

I know that life oftentimes gets in the way, but if you ever do decide to actually finish this, I promise that you'll have a reader in me.
cmtaylor531 chapter 8 . 12/12/2006
aw cute story sad you never finished it!
crescent mo0n19 chapter 8 . 11/4/2006
wow! read this entire story in one sitting [when i should have been doing my project...] it's unique. and very very good. I especially like the whole "glimpse into Paris's mind" thing, since I love her personality. and of course, lit fluffiness for all. so now I'm waiting remotely imaptiently for the rest of the story, which according to you is going to be finished 4 months ago. of course, I'm aware that other things may have popped up into your life that prevents you from updating. or you just have a really long period of writer's block for this story. I don't want to come across as accusing or anything. but I do want to read the ending of this fabulous story so... update soon! [please]

~Crescent
Dreams-of-Oompa-Loompas chapter 8 . 5/3/2006
july, huh? yes, it has been left hanging for how long, let's hear it folks...2 years...and one day if you want to be exact, but i don't like being to specific, takes the mysteriousness of me off of me. i love the story, and seriously will go into shock if you leave it on hiatus. totally true, not a joke. please update soon, your story is so good and well written, and funny. the only thing that slightly disturbs me is brad/paris. peanut butter...brilliant my friend. it is a bit creepy, but i guess i can see it due to doyle and his recent self, cause him and brad are similar on way too many levels. i also love love love how you already had rory say she loves jess. amazing. now if only you would update so i could see if she went up to him and kissed him senseless like paris suggested. smart girl.
roryjessfan02 chapter 8 . 4/7/2006
plz update soon!
Ferret Love chapter 8 . 6/6/2005
MORE RORY AND JESS!

UPDATE SOON
Leslie Anne Levine chapter 8 . 1/6/2005
really really really loving this. I feel bad though, cause it took me awhile to read...but i'm glad i finally did. please continue soon!
kronren chapter 1 . 12/18/2004
Love the story. Update soon please~ Happy writing!
Arianna555 chapter 1 . 7/31/2004
I've been meaning to actually review something of yours for a long time. 1, because I love your work, even though I've never read this story, and I'm glad I clicked on it because I love it so far. And 2, to thank you for that incredible review you gave me for Understated. That was...omg, wow. I was grinning insanely. Thank you so, so much.

So yes...

This was a great start! (I know it's not exactly posted yesterday? But that's okay. *grins*) I love how you write Paris; she's really realistic, really...annoying, but nice in her own way, you know? P That's really hard to do. For me, at least. I stay far, far away from Paris. LOL.

Her insisting they drive in a car. No smelly bus for 6 hours... Hee. And then Lorelai got the dates wrong. That was so perfect, and the perfect opportunity for her to call Jess and everything. The phone cord!

...I was gonna quote something about that. What is it? Where is it? *sigh*

The CD...oh wow, so sweet. Aww. D

"Your friend Lane's got nothing on me."

I love how he seemed to know her so well, just from the phone conversation. They kissed, suddenly, like that ("Now as the road breezed by, she was lured into those dangerous thoughts, thinking about how different and foreign the kiss felt. She was used to Dean-the way she reached up to kiss him, usually just a brief touch before she lowered her feet back to the ground. Jess was at lip-level: it had been more exhilarating than anything she had ever experienced." -Oh, so excellent)...and then she calls him, he's surprised...but maybe, not really? ;-) He's been watching her, all that building up to what suddenly happened at the wedding. She wants him, maybe, he does too, and he does know her.

The way she started the conversation-so Rory. But no. He *lent* her the CD, and it's coming back without a scratch. Aw, so Jess. *grins*

I've been reading and re-reading all these fics lately that remind me how much I love him, and this is yet another to add to the list. Yay.

The funny comments, the references, are great. I did laugh at several, and as easily as I laugh, that's great, because it's not easy to make something...really, actually funny. P

(The tree outside the window...oh, Paris...heh.)

""You call for a reason?" he said abruptly"

Omg, the teasing at the end. I *loved* that.

And his whole thing about LotR, The Hobbit. Her being a "literature snob". That's so on target, so likely true. Awesome. And his story... I love when Jess tells stuff like that in fics, about his past (when it's in character, and this definitely is).

There are tons of after-ICGS-kiss stories, but I've read very, very few in which she actually does end up going to Washington. This is really original so far-I can't wait to read the rest, but it's almost 2 am, so I suppose I should sleep. *sigh*

Sorry about all the rambling!

It's weird saying all this stuff to people who I know are so much more experienced at writing than I am. $ $

I loved it.
des06 chapter 8 . 6/9/2004
Fantastic story. Just read the whole thing and I love it. Its fantastic and realistic and you manage to weave together two romantic storylines and still concentrate on the friendship. This is a truly unique story.

$1 bet with myself: Jess went to DC. Although I could be wrong if there really are only two chapters left.