Reviews for A Payment in Arrows
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 3 . 1/12
Poor Boromir. He's trying so hard.
Good story.
Chasing Silmarils chapter 3 . 1/12
That. Was. AMAZING.
I love the friendship between Boromir and Aragorn at the beginning. And you definitely portrayed the scene with Frodo and Boromir and the Ring very nicely- using the dialogue from the books and not the movies made it even better. Can't go wrong with book canon. ;)
And the ending just KILLED me. Reading Boromir's death in the books makes me emotional enough, but this writing -obviously- has much more of the characters' feelings. The last sentence was great (to restate the above, I always think it's sad that Boromir dies smiling in the book).
Great job! :)
Lystric chapter 2 . 1/8
Oh... Wow. This left me breathless and made my heart hurt.

Your writing is excellent and I love your style. Not only that, but the general idea about this is amazingly well-thought. I won't lie- I cried.

I look forward to the last part with eagerness. Thank you.
Chasing Silmarils chapter 2 . 1/8
That was so sad. :'( Thanks for altering the canonical inconsistences- I can hardly believe that this was written by someone who hasn't actually read TTT or RotK. :P But it was beta-ed by a certain fangirly sister, sooo... ;)
The ages of Boromir and Faramir (especially Faramir) helped make this seem more real- I doubt this would happen, say, a few months before Boromir went to Rivendell. *doesn't at all mention Crybaby-Faramir in your first take of this chapter*
I love the bit about swamp lights.
Silverninja chapter 1 . 1/3
Poor Boromir... :( Please write more.
mysterywriter012 chapter 1 . 1/3
Wow! Very well written! I quite like the character of Boromir and there are not many fanfics about him. Great job, and I hope to see more of these! :)
Chasing Silmarils chapter 1 . 1/3
Well, you know that I love this! Can't wait for the next chapter. It was creepy how he heard the 'voice' of the Ring. And how he fought Aragorn... *cough definitely not canon but still very awesome cough*. And I loved Gandalf's line: "Speak for yourself, if you can find words foul enough!" :)
Update soon!
- Slim
P.S.: Looks like you're becoming a LotR fan... ;)