Reviews for Shadowfall
bluedragon1836 chapter 4 . 11/16/2008
dude, i was in a preformance of the Mikado so this story really brought back a few memories. And songs (which are now stuck in my head all over again) Good story.
Alteng chapter 4 . 1/6/2004
This story was a complete delight to read, and i look forward to reading more of your stories.
I liked how you updated the new episode with the last piece from the previous one. Very much like the show, and the Doctor did remember the funeral in the end. I would have forgotten to get back to that with everything else going on. You have created many unanswered questions in the story . . . like the ghost child the Doctor is unwilling to talk about. i am not up on the novels, so maybe I should know this. Also, I would like to know what happened to Jonathan Harker and his child. Give me time with the Rodent stories. I do the oppsite of what you are doing. I have outlines for the Rodent picking up Jonathan. Mina and their child have died instead. :) Feel very sorry for janathan, if you haven't read any of my stories :D!
Alteng chapter 2 . 1/5/2004
I enjoy your eriting style. I can see why this story series of yours is popular. You have built quite a mystery here.
Alteng chapter 1 . 1/4/2004
I enjoyed this poece quite a bit. I like that you have kept it in the diary form like the book "Dracula", and Mina seems true to character. I know little of the eighth Doctor, but I like how you have written him. You have set up a nice little mystery here, and I look forward to reading chapter 2 and further stories.
Vishal Pipraiya chapter 4 . 9/15/2003
I was guided towards your work by Michelle on "thebookandwritingclub" at Yahoo groups. Though, I am not as hard to please as Michelle, I do appreciate quality fiction and fantasy. It appealed to me and that counts as another addition to your fan club. On a slightly differing note, I would have liked Doctor to confront Mina with her draconian past, more drama for someone who read shadowfall as an exclusive piece. Keep up the good work. Vishal.
Michelle Birkby chapter 2 . 9/14/2003
well, as you can guess, i found the rest of the stories, so now i have a very satisfactory afternoon of reading in front of me. as well as writing the doctor and mina perfectly (and as i'm very fussy about mina, and the way other authors write her, that's quite an achievement...just as good, maybe better then the league of extraordinary gentleman graphic novels). how did the doctor get goerge bernard shaw's brandy flask? i love the little touches like that you drop in. and btw, the plots are also very good. sometimes fanfics hinge solely on character and fall down on plots (i know mine do) but i honestly am intrigued and fascinated by your stories, and find myself gasping at the end of every cliffhanger, rushing the mouse to the next chapter.

so, long review, but basically..well done. i'm very impressed...and believe me, impressing me is difficult.
Alice I.W chapter 2 . 12/28/2002
This is really fantastic-you've captured the Doctor and Mina wonderfully. Love your tone as well-very like a *continuation* of Bram Stoker's, by which I mean it blends well and doesn't grate, but also suits you.

Too tired to review properly, but was so happy I wanted to say *something* about it!
aces chapter 4 . 10/8/2002
The difficulty with writing the story this way-with only the two viewpoints-means we don't get to see what happened in that cave-and I really would have liked to have known.

On the other hand...ohh, that *is* the Doctor, from singing his way out of danger to the madman's smile as he dived into the surf. And I really should listen to The Piracts of Penzance again. *grin*
nescient chapter 4 . 10/7/2002
A thoroughly delightful story. The Doctor was appropriately charming and enthusiastic. I loved the gothic mood of the story and the homage to the Stoker novel (but fortunately written less densely).
DEP chapter 1 . 10/7/2002
oh wow. what a charmer the doctor is. what a wonderful first chapter. i hope the next three are just as good. well at least one of us isnt going to end up as a poor starving bohemian writer whose writen hundreds of books and no one has read them. well have a nice day.
aces chapter 2 . 10/6/2002
Ahh, the Doctor vigorously shaking the colonel's gun...a very Doctor-y sort of thing to do, but it actually only works with some Doctors-and this one's certainly one of 'em. :)

I'm not entirely sure when this is taking place in his timeline, however-loong after the Earth arc, and after Fitz and Anji have left? I'll see if the last two chapters help me out...