Reviews for Making It Big
Mal chapter 26 . 4/19
I've been rereading this story and wow. I still tear up a lot in this chapter. Gosh Darn, you have an amazing way with words.

You have a clear handle on voice. your characters are so different from each other. That can be tricky sometimes, but you make it look easy. ;) Loved Champ's POV.

I enjoyed my second read of this fic just as much, if not more than my first time through.

Mal
Innieminnie chapter 26 . 3/5
This is just great. The best. So cute. I hope it continues, there's not a lot of girl Pokemon OCs that aren't discontinued or are still updating. Your OC is really interesting, and so are her Pokemon. I really really like it. A cat and a mouse. Now she needs a dog :D
queenfirst chapter 26 . 1/25
aw, that's so sweet. i love how you used champ's perspective to introduce a new character - a cat, at that! ppl typically write cats as fierce and apathetic and cold, but your glameow is so shy and sweet it's THE BEST. yay, a new pokemon to the team! this fic keeps getting better and better.
queenfirst chapter 24 . 1/25
i really love how you write in lena's perspective. it's totally how a child in her circumstances would think and act, and doens't exaggerate in any way at all! i also adore her relationship with her parents and her friends and her champ. i hope her world continues to expand.
queenfirst chapter 18 . 1/24
society cheated lena and her community so it's only fair that she "cheats" them back
kintsugii chapter 26 . 1/20
OH MAN. I was really far behind on the updates, but being able to binge through the most recent seven-ish chapters was an absolute pleasure. There are just so many completely true and real things that you deal with here in such a beautiful way that has no right to be in fanfic. I also got to add the truly thought-provoking questions such as "do rats sweat" to my search history after the Lenora battle (which was really well-done, by the way).

Champ's chapter is also amazing, and I think it came about at just the right time in the story. Quick typo in the first line of ch 26 ("I breath in the familiar scent"), but otherwise it's absolutely beautiful.

"And then a time came when it stopped mattering who did what first, or what was given, or what was taken, do you see?"
This is just such a perfect encapsulation of what makes this story so enjoyable to read. Agh. And there are lines just like it all over this chapter. This is such a good end to Part One and I'm so excited for whatever you've got planned next!
Mal chapter 26 . 12/7/2017
oh my god. I've gotta toughen up. More tears for this chapter! love it from Champ's pov. The girl who is mine. Yep, i 3 him.
Mal chapter 25 . 12/7/2017
I feel like her, a lot, but I'm glad that Champ is there for her like people are there for me when I'm being a dumb head. Gawd I love her. So sweet and wonderful. Good gym battle, too.
mal chapter 24 . 12/7/2017
I know this'll sound so stupid... but after mom came home I cried throughout the rest of this chapter. oh my god. i want to crawl inside this world and live here. This is so so wonderful. I adore your mc. I love Sammy and Sara and mom and dad. Love the comment about dad's smile being quieter. and the comment about dinner being better than the PC food because mom made it... Aww!

Also, you said that Sammy had not come back in yet. Did you perhaps mean Sara, because Sara was the one who took the phone call. i don't know where Sammy went, come to think of it. :) just a tiny thing that threw me for a small loop, but I totally got what you ment.

Thanks so much for sharing!
Mal
GBRK chapter 26 . 9/22/2017
D'aww.

And they're both in the field egg group, so I assume we're meant to ship them?
Mai-danishgirl chapter 26 . 9/22/2017
Oh, oh this is a perfect development. Lena has reached the next level, so seeing the world from Champ's point of view is amazing.

"You are mine. And I am yours" is such a beautiful line, and "She should be ours" is soo good, same with "When my claws have grown hard."

"Then you came [..] and it was better."

Just, just so many good lines in this chapter.
Keleri chapter 26 . 9/22/2017
UGLIEST POSSIBLE CRYING

HOW DARE YOU WRITE THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This story is so wonderful and affecting! I love the simplicity of Champ's POV. I hope Lena does help every stray, aaaaaaaaa
Keleri chapter 25 . 9/22/2017
AAAAAAAAA I love this story so much! I love how Lena is learning something in every scene, and the gym match isn't to tick the box off a list but a real opportunity for her to grow as a trainer.
Guest chapter 26 . 9/21/2017
I HATE YOu THIS IS AMAZING, GOOD JOB
EmiliaKyuchi chapter 25 . 9/16/2017
Great work on this story! I hope Lena and Champ do well in whatever they pursue.