Reviews for Making It Big
lainashea chapter 1 . 2/20
This story is just so incredibly wholesome it makes me tear up multiple times throughout. I can't praise it enough. Great job. Please keep going!
Perenne chapter 34 . 1/15
My god, this story’s so good! I enjoyed greatly! I actually found it on a Reddit post of the best pokemon fics and this ones description caught my eye. Cant say I’m disappointed! I wish you’d continue it, though I’ve little hope seeing how many other stories you’ve written since then. However, there’s just something really lovable about this fic, about Lena and how much she’s maturing, how golden her heart is and how that is slowly attracting amazing pokemon to her. I wish I could read about her becoming champion and proving the world wrong. In any case, you’ve done an amazing job on this. Congrats!
Flyg0n chapter 34 . 11/29/2020
;-;
please... my soul is empty... my heart aches

I yearn for the soft comforts of a simple story. A tale. A saga of a girl and her Raticate, with dreams that seem just out of reach, but perhaps together, they can make it.

Please... more... I love this so dearly.
aqm32210 chapter 34 . 11/6/2020
I love the pokemon POVs! I'm really happy to have found this story!
icecold1039 chapter 2 . 5/21/2020
feinted should be fainted. There may also be issues with the tense but I'm not sure.
icecold1039 chapter 1 . 5/21/2020
You should probably rewrite the paragraph 3-5 to make it clearer that she sold the ultra ball. Also with paragraph 5 in particular, I really advise you to rewrite this part

"he only gave us 300 poke for it. That's – well, half would be 600, and half of that again is 300"

Maybe give the normal sale price and what the clerk gave after, then have the main character do "half of 1200 is 600 and half again is 300."

As it is that sentence basically makes no sense without the reader rewriting it in their heads.
Keleri chapter 34 . 4/26/2020
UGLY CRYING ABOUT THIS CHAPTER FOREVER. I love how "low stakes" and yet utterly gripping this story is. Very, very well done.
Guest chapter 34 . 4/19/2020
Good luck with the next chapter! Can’t wait to see what’s happens next!
Slaggedfire chapter 34 . 3/22/2020
If she started having kittens I'm not sure how the Lena would react... Probably all panicky, and then she'd call her friends to ask for advice.
Slaggedfire chapter 18 . 3/22/2020
How sweet. I don't think the reporter knew she'd have to help a little 10yo out when she went to interview her, but the fact she does so is very nice.
RUiN The Extinct chapter 34 . 3/21/2020
This story is beautiful man...
Gerbilfriend chapter 34 . 3/17/2020
They are becoming a family, pokemon pov is always a good time. I love the new title card!
Mai-danishgirl chapter 34 . 3/16/2020
A very interesting look into Sammy and her worldview, I really really like these small hints as to her lines way of life, and the song was such a nice touch.
And she finally evoled! And it really did fix her issues!

Oh Athena, you poor sad little pupper - "How else should I sleep?" ;_;
And Sammy calling them all family and that end was just so sweet.
ja.gentile98 chapter 34 . 3/16/2020
Great chapter, I really like Sammy as a character and it's gteat to see a culmination of her development so far. I wasn't sure about a riolu being on the team since it's such an overused pokemon and I've been enjoying your use of less popular ones, but so far I've enjoyed the character. Thanks for the chapter
WildBoots chapter 34 . 3/16/2020
I really enjoyed Sammy's perspective! Sweet that she thinks of Lena as sister. I loved Sammy pushing against Athena - no one likes to be told someone else knows something about you that you don't know about yourself. Nice to see how she's brought into the fold and to see that mutual learning happening. This seems to be hinting at Lena becoming more powerful...and maybe some growing pains. Her ties to her pokemon might not be quite as strong as she assumes, but they're strong enough to hold for now.

[I did not know which of us would rise.]
This really shows the rawness a battle - one will vs. another.

[It is like swallowing the moon]
Lovely!