Reviews for Reroute (A Departures futuretake)
TheMrsW chapter 1 . 9/26
Well I cried.
I found the main story on your site from a rec, and I chased you down here. So glad I did. Thanks for sharing.
timidvampire chapter 1 . 7/9
I absolutely LOVED this ! Thank you !
Gagika chapter 1 . 6/9
Oh wow, Edward did well! He will be such a good and loving dad!
ChristyWIX chapter 1 . 1/12
Departures was recd on FB the other day and I had not read it. He original post had the PDF of the story, as it’s no longer here on FF. I had read most, of not all, of your stuf years ago but, not this. It may have been removed before I cam across your page. I’m so happy someone mentioned and that I got to read it. It was an absolutely amazing journey. Reminding me of why I love your writing so very much. I adored the way they met. That they fell in love so very quickly. Their time at ORD and how they passed it, was so fun to read. All the emails back and forth, courting one another, along the way. I wish she would’ve captured a photo of their post-it riddled map at ORD before they walked away from it. Then I loved when he recreated that nap for his proposal. That was so very creative and so perfectly them. I loved that she did go to Gaza in search of that two percent of her dreams that was screaming 'what if'. That sherealized, most likely before she even left, that she didn’t want to chase the tragedies of the world any longer. Finding out first hand gave her the peace of mind she needed to make the final decision. So proud of Edward for standing behind her and agreeing that she should go. His daily letters to her while she was gone, were absolutely incredible. The previous emails and those letters, were such a unique way to get the Edward point of view into the story without it actually switching. The way you got Alice, ajasoer and Sofie involved with her while he was still deployed was very fun. Then, having Emmettrescue Rose from Royce, without him figuring it out, was perfect. By the time he realized it, she was long gone and safe from him. Although not really brought up againin either the main story or here, we know that Emmett and Rose are together and she is back in Chicago. I’m glad she went home. Royce was not able to win, if she was back there. Edward contacting Jake, to meet with Charlie, was wonderful. I very much loved that he went there, introduced himself and then proceeded to ask for his blessing. I’m thinking that impressed Charlie. It certainly allowed for some humor on Jake's part. Speaking of Jake. I really liked that once he found true love, he thanked Bella for not ever giving into his fight for her. I really liked that scene. Her explanation of how she felt for him, and his realizing that she nailed it. I’m so glad they stayed close and that Nessie didn’t mind Bella at all. Very much loved the portrayal of Bella and Edward's love for each other. Yes, fairytale love does exist. Yes, it does happy very quickly. My husband and I met in 90 and within our third date, in as many days, we knew it was forever love. Together nearly twenty-nine years now, I can say that the love is stronger each year, the passion is still through the roof. This is also a rarity in love and therefore, we both cherish the hell out of the fact that we found it and know how lucky we are. That said, I always believe when characters have the love you described in this story. Thank you so very much for this brilliant piece. Thank you for sharing your imagination with us here. ~ChristyWIX
alternativetwins chapter 1 . 10/22/2016
So I'm not much of a reviewer I have to admit but I had to make an exception. I read one of your stories and I decided to look at your others when I saw this outtake and that the original was taken down. Now I only read on her but I made (yet another) exception and gave it a go. I fell in love and I read it all today. Then I came and read the outtake. I truly loved these and all the meanings you it has. After a hard part of my life I feel surrounded but people I love and that love me and this story drilled it home for me. This story was the first time I have ever cried from how joyous and loved and happy I am.
Thank you.
jenna grey chapter 1 . 9/27/2016
Loved this, loved the original story as well! I read it on your blog & can't for the life of me figure out why it would have been removed from this site?! So good, so sweet, loved it!
Departure Fan chapter 1 . 6/12/2016
This and departure is one of the best fanfics I've ever read, and tbh I've read a lot of them. Please tell me you'll continue to write more fanfics.
FAXalltheway chapter 1 . 4/8/2016
Love it ️
EVK70 chapter 1 . 3/28/2016
Love it :)
Pandalicious29 chapter 1 . 3/26/2016
I didn't even know this futuretake existed until I went to your website to reread Departures! Just wanted to thank you for writing such an amazing story. The ending was perfect!
twirob chapter 1 . 1/25/2016
OMG! AWESOME! o/s tears at the end with his letter to his son ;) I really hope I can read the full story though thanks for sharing this with us ;D
gumibear26 chapter 1 . 1/10/2016
Wonderful story. This would have been easier if I had gone back and reread Departures first (has it really been over 2 years?), but I guess I'll just have to reread it now, and then reread this one again. {{hugs}} Thanks for sharing!
Edwardjournals chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
This is such a lovely outtake. I giggled a few times, I laughed outright and I even shed a few tears. You wrote such a great story in Departures and then added a bit of extra loveliness with this. I've actually read Departures several times, but this is my first time reading this futuretake! You have a gift which I am thankful you share with us. Thanks for writing and sharing your words. Take care!
Irrevocably-Edwards chapter 1 . 9/30/2015
Love it!
Michmaci chapter 1 . 8/2/2015
Thank you for sharing such a heartwarming story!