Reviews for The Emrys Strain
Sounds like a good Thanksgiving.
Ehehehe...
"Agent Chance? Yeah, He's not delusional. Never was, unless someone drugged him. Hi, We're the reincarnations of King Arthur and his Round Table, we all remember, and yes. Merlin really is /that/ Merlin."
Thousandsmiles chapter 18 . 5/3
Loved this story and it's prequel!
BrightWatcher chapter 18 . 4/12
I finally managed to read this. Fantastic.

I still can't figure out who Chance is! :O

Excellent plot, emotions, and character relationships.

Good luck with your writers muse!
Britt30 chapter 17 . 3/6
Oh my gosh! That was so cute!
Britt30 chapter 14 . 3/6
It was so happy, and then that last line...
Still, great story. Really enjoying the sequel.
Britt30 chapter 5 . 3/5
Ok, I'm sorry, but the comparison the Harry Potter is brilliant.
W chapter 17 . 12/7/2014
Really enjoyed this whole story. You do a convincing job in your writing of portraying Merlin's confusion and disorientation, and of allowing the reader to experience it for themselves. In addition, the sense that Merlin is never quite fully Merlin (until the end) comes across very strongly, so that beyond wanting to know what happens next, and how he would be brought out of his immediate predicament ('hospitalization' etc.), I was really hoping that he would be allowed to find some sense of who he _really_ was by the end.

I don't think I mean that latter point in terms of his 'having magic', but in terms of such things as the regaining of a lost friendship, with all that that means for who he is. I loved that, especially with the moment in the final chapter where Arthur and Merlin share a clear understanding of what each means to the other.

Thank you!
Anon chapter 18 . 11/10/2014
Love these fics!

Also, I just realized that you mis-attributed "Wind Beneath My Wings" to Whitney Houston when the most common version of the song is sung by The Divine Miss M, Bette Midler. Whitney Houston may have performed the song live, but she never recorded a version. And don't get me wrong, lots of people have recorded versions of this song. (Including Shirley Bassey and Gladys Knight & The Pips.)
Guest chapter 11 . 9/18/2014
I love this story, but I do find the constant song lyric references throw a reader out of the universe rather than adds to the story. I've taken to skipping over them since they add nothing to the story as a whole, but it's a bit annoying. It's the only real complaint in an otherwise flawless fic.
topazchild chapter 3 . 8/12/2014
Loved where Agent Chance told Arthur he excelled in ... leadership as well as ... command. Who saw that coming? lol
Midnight chapter 17 . 8/5/2014
Arthur's first song is HILARIOUS. couldn't stop laughing
fairy goatmother chapter 18 . 5/26/2014
ug midnight better go to bed. lol I have lost more sleep because of you!
DiaSphere chapter 17 . 5/23/2014
Oh I LOVE "you raise me up" good choice!
DiaSphere chapter 8 . 5/23/2014
Ahh I love this scene! "I wasn't going for THAT long..." I watched the scene over and over again. Thx for bringing it into your ff