Reviews for The Emrys Strain
Random Flyer chapter 17 . 7/24
This was a good sequel. Well written with good characterization, thanks for posting!
Drag0nst0rm chapter 11 . 7/7
I . . . don't know how to respond to that.
Drag0nst0rm chapter 9 . 7/7
Merlin.
You.
Idiot.
DON'T YOU KNOW YOUR KING BETTER THAN THAT?!
Drag0nst0rm chapter 7 . 7/7
Something about their pasts' isn't entirely clear to me. Whenever they think back to Camelot, it's as if they're lives ended with Arthur's. Did they all die really soon after, or did you not want to expand on that area of canon?
Drag0nst0rm chapter 5 . 7/7
Of course you're indispensable to Arthur, Merlin. Never doubt that.
Drag0nst0rm chapter 3 . 7/7
I very much want Chase to figure it out. I get the feeling he's halfway there already.
Sounds like a good Thanksgiving.
Ehehehe...
"Agent Chance? Yeah, He's not delusional. Never was, unless someone drugged him. Hi, We're the reincarnations of King Arthur and his Round Table, we all remember, and yes. Merlin really is /that/ Merlin."
Thousandsmiles chapter 18 . 5/3
Loved this story and it's prequel!
BrightWatcher chapter 18 . 4/12
I finally managed to read this. Fantastic.

I still can't figure out who Chance is! :O

Excellent plot, emotions, and character relationships.

Good luck with your writers muse!
Britt30 chapter 17 . 3/6
Oh my gosh! That was so cute!
Britt30 chapter 14 . 3/6
It was so happy, and then that last line...
Still, great story. Really enjoying the sequel.
Britt30 chapter 5 . 3/5
Ok, I'm sorry, but the comparison the Harry Potter is brilliant.
W chapter 17 . 12/7/2014
Really enjoyed this whole story. You do a convincing job in your writing of portraying Merlin's confusion and disorientation, and of allowing the reader to experience it for themselves. In addition, the sense that Merlin is never quite fully Merlin (until the end) comes across very strongly, so that beyond wanting to know what happens next, and how he would be brought out of his immediate predicament ('hospitalization' etc.), I was really hoping that he would be allowed to find some sense of who he _really_ was by the end.

I don't think I mean that latter point in terms of his 'having magic', but in terms of such things as the regaining of a lost friendship, with all that that means for who he is. I loved that, especially with the moment in the final chapter where Arthur and Merlin share a clear understanding of what each means to the other.

Thank you!
Anon chapter 18 . 11/10/2014
Love these fics!

Also, I just realized that you mis-attributed "Wind Beneath My Wings" to Whitney Houston when the most common version of the song is sung by The Divine Miss M, Bette Midler. Whitney Houston may have performed the song live, but she never recorded a version. And don't get me wrong, lots of people have recorded versions of this song. (Including Shirley Bassey and Gladys Knight & The Pips.)