Reviews for Avocado is Not the Only Fruit
InkedBaby chapter 60 . 8/26
Yesss! I loved this. I thought you portrayed depression very well, and I loved how Logan was written. It was so believable, so real life, that's exactly how it would go, and I love that.
Jess was beautiful, I missed his brooding snarkiness, but he was a fantastic character and constant in this story, I loved how their relationship grew, again, very, very realistic.
All your characters were so in character and lov3ly, your story flowed perfectly, it was long, but I never got bored, and I practically read it straight through, I was so hopked. Amazing job.
WHAT!? oh god no
Jess begging her not to go back was so sad. I am so impressed with your writing. You show rather than tell as they say - and the 'showing' is so subtle and complex. Jess' love for Rory is apparent, and yet so unsaid. Brilliant.
Oh thank goodness. I thought you were going to drag it out more. I am so glad she finally found out.
Another excellent chapter. Who the heck is Logan cheating on her with. What an asshole. But I love that you're making him a complicated asshole. Not just vilifying in the cliched FF ways.
Oh god, this is so well written. So painful, but realistic.
Whoa, it's realistic that she's not fighting back but she has to snap out of it eventually right?
I just wanted to say that this is a great story and so well written. I love it. Thanks for posting!
Sydney Lynne chapter 36 . 6/19
Lorelai (Ms. I jump into bed with Christopher whenever I'm depressed) sooo doesn't have a leg to stand on here in this argument with Rory without looking like a massive hypocrite. Surprised Rory didn't throw that back in her face.
Sydney Lynne chapter 35 . 6/19
This is so hot, but also romantic. 3
Sydney Lynne chapter 34 . 6/17
Jess finding the letter and confronting Rory about it is such a fantastic scene, I keep re-reading it. The sexual tension is through the roof, and I love that Jess just won't let Rory off the hook and how he keeps saying he's glad she didn't throw the letter away. And then the two of them just move closer and closer like two magnets drawn to one another, until they finally kiss. Amazing.
Sydney Lynne chapter 22 . 6/16
I love everything about this chapter: Logan's trying to fix Rory's problems without really hearing her, Rory's feeling of hollowness reminiscing about when they were happy together, and Rory's letter to Jess where she finally admits to herself what her feelings are. A
Sydney Lynne chapter 60 . 6/15
Hi, I recently started checking out GG fanfiction again for the first time in a long while (partly inspired by the cast reunion), and this story just blows my mind in all the best ways. I stayed up all night to finish it because it was so addictive that I couldn't put it away. I don't think I've ever read anything so detailed in dealing with a character's clinical depression, and following Rory's journey through her slowly crumbling marriage and her putting herself together piece by piece was completely fascinating. And your Rory/Jess are scorching hot together, gah. Will try to go back and review some of the individual chapters later because there's so many details throughout the story that I love.
KEMLEM81 chapter 60 . 5/25
Brilliant writing, wonderful story, so realistic and plausible. This is possibly the best literati fic I've read. Thank you so much for writing and sharing this story, I've enjoyed every word of it.
Mrs. James Harold Potter chapter 60 . 1/15
wow. i am speechless. thank you for sharing this with us all.
i loved the progression of rory's relationships with logan and jess throughout the story.
it was also great that you gave her some time to come into her own and find herself again before she got back together with jess.
this was perfect.