Reviews for Avocado is Not the Only Fruit
TheRealRavenDark chapter 60 . 10/23/2014
Beautiful job. I found your Emily spot on. Her reactions and her lines were perfect. Paris was what you expected her to be. Pushy but not unkind. I really enjoyed this quite a bit.

*Spoiler Alert* I wasn't too keen on the avocado tree imagery, though her finding that Logan had cut it down and the short explanation that it had become "rotten at the roots" was perfectly placed and oh so fitting. predictable but so well placed that one could only smile. I can't say I've ever seen someone take a bite out of an avocado without peeling it first though. Is that something that is done locally? That bugged me and took me out of the story a bit.

I don't usually read long stories like this but yours got me and I stayed with it until the very end. Kudos to you for planning this out and weaving this to canon as well as you did. I really did enjoy it tons.
ItsAHopeForAllTheHopeless chapter 42 . 10/18/2014
Omg this is one of my favorite chapters Rory & Rick the bartender was priceless lol
KazeItai chapter 60 . 10/8/2014
Wow all I can say is wow. I loved your story. I blazed through this story i just couldn't stop reading it. I have been re reading old literati fics because i just couldn't find anything new that a) was written well and/or b) had a good compelling plot. I finally decided to check for new fics and saw yours and once i started reading it I couldn't stop. So glad you decided to write this story not many people are updating and completing literati fics anymore. My only complaint about the story is that in the beginning Rory seems to be awfully confused in the morning a lot it felt like most chapters in the beginning had Rory waking up confused as to where she was. All in all though this was a great story.
Sarah chapter 60 . 10/5/2014
I just read this whole story, and I know it was finished a long time ago but I wanted to tell you how great it was. You did an amazing job at telling this long story that was not just focused on the Literati plot, but that told a story about a person finding themselves and making sure that they could be happy without that being dependent on a significant other. Well done, and I think you could pursue more writing if you were inclined!
TheRealRavenDark chapter 7 . 9/30/2014
Emily asking if Rory preferred a coke... classic. Perfect. Lol
TheRealRavenDark chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
Wow, what a great start!
lindsey chapter 60 . 9/17/2014
That was beautifully written. I could put it away, a few nights of going to bed late were more than worth it. I really love how well you showed rory's depression. It's hard to understand as the outsider what is going on inside someone's mind especially a depressed person. I felt like I have a better understanding. Thank you for spending the time to write this. It was truly a pleasure to read!
Guest chapter 60 . 9/11/2014
loved your story! miss having good rory and jess stories now, hope you keep writing
Serenitey chapter 60 . 9/12/2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this story from start to finish and I am a little sad that it is over. Your update rate was always fantastic (I have no idea how you managed that!) and I greatly enjoyed that you focused so much on Rory individually and then on the supporting characters.

I also really enjoyed that although Jess was a part of her happiness he was not the source of it. I liked how you made them fit into each other's lives and that their issues were never glazed over. Often fanfic is quick to glaze over any relationship fallout and I appreciated that it took time and genuine reflection on Rory's part to move on. It never rings true for me when she breaks up with Logan and magically falls into Jess' arms. At sometimes it felt repetitive, rehashing the same beats but I enjoyed that you explored multiple angles of the breakup and Rory's rebuilding. I enjoyed the world you created and you presented the idiosyncrasies of the GIlmore's and Stars Hollow fantastically. I always enjoyed Friday night dinners and especially how you portrayed Emily and her contentious relationship with both girls. I have to say I was looking forward to Jess making his grand reappearance at the Gilmore mansion.

Thank you for many hours of enjoyment. A wonderful story.
WesterbergGal chapter 60 . 9/7/2014
Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this. It was a lovely journey and I'm sad to see it end. Congrats!
Scarlet3086 chapter 59 . 9/2/2014
Aww...look at Jess calling to check up on her behind her back! So cute!
sonckad chapter 59 . 9/2/2014
So great Paris re-appeared and the bug thing is totally something I can imagine her saying to Rory :) And glad to hear that Rory went to see Doctor Moran again. I also went to see a therapist for a year back in the day (not because of a broken marriage though) and it's been one of the best decisions I've ever made. This Doctor Moran sounds exactly like my former therapist :)
reader304 chapter 58 . 8/25/2014
This is a very strong story so far. I admire your commitment and consistent updates. I think the whole thing is true to the characters as we knew them. The breakdown of an unhealthy marriage was especially well-drawn and realistic.
There are some times where you do time skips or scene changes within chapters that aren't exactly clear, though. I sometimes have to read a few sentences before I realize we've left the previous scene.
jordana60 chapter 58 . 8/22/2014
Everytime you put a new chapter up, I go back a few chapters just to get back into it and I think I love it more each time! You have each character perfected and the banter and witty conversation is spot on. I think I told you this before ,but your smut is '"classy" and realistic and hot!I can't wait to see where you continue to take this journey? Maybe a literati baby?
jordana60 chapter 57 . 8/8/2014
I hope this story never ends! I feel like Jess and Rory are part of my life now (or I;m part of theirs!) I am so inside this story and am totally invested in all of them. You have made them so real and loving and romantic and hot, and have made me want to be a part of them as they grow together , go through the good and bad, maybe even have children! It takes an extraordinary write to invoke these feelings in a reader and you have done it with me. I love how Rory is independent, yet insecure, and still depends on Jess. I love how Jess has made something of himself and is so loving and supportive of Rory. I cannot wait for the next update!
240 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »